FBI, Working With Banks, Chose Not To Inform Occupy Leadership Of Assassination Plot

Discussion in 'Occupy Movement' started by Nyxx, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

via techdirt:
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...adership-assassination-plot-its-leaders.shtml

Here is a link to the docs:
    http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/550541-fbi-spy-files-on-the-occupy-movement.html#document/p1

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

The article and the documents have almost nothing to do with each other.

Most of them are barely blacked out; and none of them mention any plans, except for plans to use police action if necessary to protect the Anchorage ports on the day of rage.

They talk a little about specific incidents and express worry about Black Bloc; but throughout the documents they recognize Occupy as mostly peaceful; even Portland's where they found a drano and foil bomb.

None of the documents are related to each other and some of the documents in the 112 page packet are basically blank, internal surveys or tests of some sort, and lines of what appears to be code. There is no mention of Texas, and there is even a customer service survey.

The article you posted is propaganda trash. Pure bullshit; and even though I like you, I think you should be ashamed.

Edit: I still think they were digging up a story out of nothing; but they do mention Texas on one page, and that [ ] planned to use a sniper rifle on occupy leaders; in the past tense (or past participle) with no further explanation.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Did you look at page #61 in the FBI documents? It specifically mentions the protestors in Houston, Texas and the FBI having knowledge of someone planning to kill them with sniper rifles.

4. Duck

You are correct; her original article is still misleading. The FBI states it in the past tense; as if the plans have somehow been disrupted.

I was wrong though.

Sorry Nyxx, please forgive me *puppy eyes*

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If anybody has had even the remotest link to OWS, that connection is loudly trumpeted in the tabloids whenever they are arrested.

6. Lafincoyote

Lafincoyote Member

The media, military, police are all owned by the banks, along with the rest of our government and all the people who buy into their monetary pipe dream.

7. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

in what way was it misleading?

8. Duck

It says the FBI chose not to inform them of the plot, implying that there was an ongoing plot that they were not informed of; where they were in imminent danger. The article just says the classified party "planned to gather intelligence ... obtain photographs ... and formulate a plan to kill". They were plotting to plot, they hadn't set anything in motion and likely haven't even identified the targets yet.

9. explorer9891

explorer9891 Member

there is always someone trying to kill someone else. Doesn't take an fbi agent to know there are hits out there for occupy activists, the leaders should know the dangers already.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Typical.

11. Duck

I mean, technically it isn't the FBI's responsibility to notify people of threats; and in some cases it may be in conflict of higher priorities; but it's still a pretty haunting idea that they would let some harmless protestor get assassinated just 'cause.

12. explorer9891

explorer9891 Member

Thing is, the fbi steps in and activist will then start talking shit to the fbi, look at the cops, there always there during the protest to keep everyone safe, yet the protestors talk shit to them

13. Aerianne

Look back through the threads here; particularly, the threads about the NYPD and their mistreatment of peaceful protesters. The cops are not always there to protect everyone. That's been proven.

14. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

yeah look at these brave cops protecting the protesters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4"]UC Davis Protestors Pepper Sprayed - YouTube

15. happyending

happyending Guest

Uhhh, excuse me, but don't you need to HAVE some leadership in order for someone to plot to kill said leadership? That's probably why the feebs didn't notify anyone.

16. claragriffin77

claragriffin77 Member

the threat is just overblown! and i don't think occupy movement has any clear leadership!

17. Aerianne

Occupy chose not to have a "leaders". One of the reasons was to avoid attacks just such as these.

18. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Law Enforcement will inform to Mafia dons if they are the target of a known assignation plot, why not OWS?

19. Aerianne

Because OWS doesn't throw money at LE???

I don't know.

20. claragriffin77

claragriffin77 Member

or because such threats never existed? just a pigment of their imagination, or their just too paranoid??