Best beers?

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Awiseman, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Awiseman

Awiseman Member

best beer ever? lowenbrau
    best american? goose island 312
    what's yours?

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Probably natural light or keystone is the best

3. Embreezy

Embreezy Member

I been into fat tire recently, but im pretty partial to my local brewers to be honest. Bell's oberon and two-hearted

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I'm not a fan of beer, so when I have no money I go for what's cheapest. Usually Natural Ice.

5. fx20736

fx20736 Member

Fuller's London Pride

6. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Natty Boh!

8. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

alright natty is in the lead with 3 votes!! :2thumbsup:

9. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I've never been much of a fan of beer but steel reserve is great.
    Its cheapest and gets you there.

10. Silent_Bob92

Silent_Bob92 Member

Good ole Heineken.

11. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

I second that! :2thumbsup:

QP

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Man, you guys need to learn what good beer is.

I find that when people say they don't like beer, they've never had anything besides fizzy yellow swill.

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

but that was 3 different natty's. natty ice and natty light are different enough but natty boh isn't even the same company.

if i have to name a mass produced beer like everyone else did then i say Guinness, but really there are a hundred beers that i like better, just cant afford to drink most of them regularly or they aren't available here.

14. white dove

white dove Member

It depends on the wether and location,

All beer is great in moderation.

Don't you think?

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well yeah i cant think of a bad time ever when i have had beer in moderation.
    i never completely agree with anyone when talking about beer because i like the darkest of the dark beers and the lightest of the light beers. but not so much so with the in between beers that happen to be the most popular.

16. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

:2thumbsup:

Or, say they like swill because they've not tried anything but steel reserve or "natural ice"?

Walmart, McD's, Inbev... amazing how they manipulate people and brainwash them into giving their money in exchange for crap.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Not everyone has a Trader Joes around, but there are numerous alternatives to buying swill made by Inbev. Look around instead of just the middle shelf of your local supermarket.
    Want cheap? $5 a 6pack
    [​IMG]

Want an award winning ale that is nearly as strong as that Steele Reserve crap? $5 for a 750ml bottle, but it's actually La Fin Du Monde, from Unibrau of Quebec.
    [​IMG]

Too expensive? These are all $2 for a 22oz bottle, enough for two glasses. They range from 5% to 8.5%
    [​IMG]

There's no excuse to drink shitty beer in this day and age. Vote with your dollars, just say no to Inbev.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I agree with this.

I, probably shamefully, enjoy budweiser and coor's original. (and OE 800 :leaving: ) But I won't pay money for them, because they're evil. They're just the first beers I drank.

Some places you can't get good beer, but a lot of grocery stores of the size between tiny corner store and giant chain supermarket, have a good beer selection. I know locally there's great options, from very expensive to very cheap, of all flavors and ABV. It might not be quite as cheap as 40's, but pretty close, and a lot tastier and more enjoyable.

It's all sitting there, but most people don't buy it because they don't see the label on a nascar car.

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Having read that, that's horrible, they own waaaaay more than I knew.

Also, what the fuck, Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach?

And they own OP's goose island 312.... So presumably, they'll own more micro/craft/independent beers soon.

And they're pouring budweiser down the developing world's throats, which is a human and economic disaster for those countries.

19. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Yup
    Ya, you're not one to follow the herd blindly. :2thumbsup:
    Just a few comments..
    Here's the evil part. If you read that link, they use Becks as an example. What Inbev does should be illegal if only because its false advertising. They bought Rolling Rock before the europeans bought out AB, and closed the original brewery. Their bottles continue to state that the beer is brewed in "Old Latrobe" (a glass lined brewing tank) even though that facility is gone.

When you look at beer marketing beyond nascar, you find just how insideous their tactics are. I mentioned center shelf for a reason, preferential positioning is one tactic Inbev and their distributors use. If its at eye level, center on a shelf, it's guaranteed to be one of their beers. Becks, Stella, Rolling Rock, you name it. A lot of people have no idea how Inbev is the beer equivalent of McD's. And just how much they strive for every beer dollar they can, sacrificing everything else.

Bottom line, drink what you like, OE, Bud, Nat Ice, or a craft beer, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just recognize it for what it is, is all I'm saying.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkzchiXjBa0"]The History Of Beer Part 5 of 6 - YouTube

Ya, check it out. Way more than most know.
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories but Inbev is about as close to a real one as you'll ever see.
    If they just bought companies, it wouldn't be so bad. But they buy them, centralize production, and ruin what the beer was all about in the process. The main thing being, eliminate competition at all cost.

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, if someone hands me a beer, that's bought and paid for, I won't hesitate to drink it (assuming, of course, that I want to drink). But if I'm going to spend money, I'd much rather spend a bit more on companies and people with scruples and quality prodects.

Just like how yesterday I got a perfectly fine shelf and lamp out of a dumpster, clearly from walmart. But I would never have paid money for them. Waste not want not, if it's freely available.