Anyone know why my plants leaves have spots on them?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by AceK, Dec 25, 2012.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I have four Sorrano Pepper plants that I have grown from seed about a month and a half ago. They are being grown indoors. They all were started at the same time, one is noticeably taller than the others at 30cm height and has healthy looking leaves. Two of the plants have noticeably spotty leaves. The picture shows the appearance of one of the plants leaves with the most spotty appearance. Is this okay for my plants leaves to look like this, or is there something wrong with them?

[​IMG]

2. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Spots are not good, but not always deadly. Isolate the ones with spots from those without.
    Are the spots small bumps or more like holes? Are the spots on the bottoms of the leaves?
    good Serrano info:
    http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_7fe1.html

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

3. AceK

the spots are not like holes but seem to form tiny bumps on the back of the leaves. One of the plants had the leaves shrivel up except for the two bottom leaves. I think that plant is not gonna make it but one of them is much taller than the rest, and doesn't seem to be affected by the spots. They are tiny though, and I don't have a magnifying glass to look at them closely.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

probably cause you feed them some RC plant food.. ;)

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

you got mites.. get a magnifying glass and youll see them.

6. got-it-good

got-it-good Member

It looks like a calcium/magnesium deficency to me. It could also be pest related such as spider mites. Do you have a loop you can inspect under the leaves with?

7. AceK

I think it is spider mites! Do spider mites weave webs? Upon looking closely at the bottom of the leaves, you can see tiny webs, like spider webs that connect from the bottom of the leaf to the stem. It's very hard to see and probably wouldn't show up in a picture since it's only visible when the light hits it just the right way. The only way I really noticed it was there was like a tiny peice of dirt or dust or something stuck to one of the webs, so I saw that, and then saw what it was connected to. I can't actually see any "spider mites" but I can see the webs they've made.

I hope there's a way to kill these fuckers.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

they dont call em spiders for nothing..

9. got-it-good

got-it-good Member

Yep, you got mites bad! Get them gone or the plant will suffer badly. Mighty Wash is awesome an safe. PM2 by Jungle Juice, Green Cure, etc.

10. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

11. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Looks like they have spotty leaf