Your favourite movie of 2012

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Havent managed to see Les Miserables yet, technically that is this year, here its released on boxing day, so that might end up my no 1

Aside from that Looper is my favourite movie of the year, not exactly original, some concepts seen before, but still felt fresh and clever, and Bruce is always a sure bet

Et toi?

2. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Alex Cross

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not current in my movies but i did mange to see ''savages''...it was an ok time waster...

heard a revue of les miz...''ghastly from start to finish''....the dude playing the bishop is colm wilkonson...i worked with him for 500 phantom of the operas in toronto

4. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I've just seen 'Flight' for the first time last night and I think that'll definitely land in my Top 5. Yikes, I actually said 'land'! Total accident. Very much enjoyed 'Argo', 'End of Watch', 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'The Bourne Legacy' too despite it's terrible reviews!

5. Shale

Shale ~

I am not good with these "Best Of" surveys - since I like things for different reasons so it is not easy to categorize. So, looking at the 61 movies I have seen so far this year, here is a list of those I have seen two or more times in theater.

Chronicle
    John Carter
    The Avengers
    Safe
    The Amazing Spider Man
    Total Recall
    Twilight: Breaking Dawn 2 (3X)

I have also gotten the DVD of all those except Twilight, which I will get in March.

Also, movies I have seen only once in theater but liked enuf to get the DVD were:

Red Tails
    The Cabin in the Woods
    Savages
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Bourne Legacy

And gonna get DVD of:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Silver Linings Playbook
    Jack Reacher
    Django Unchained

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Total Recall was the biggest dissapointment of the year, it shouldnt have sucked as much as it did

7. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I only went to the movies three times in 2012. Generally I think that TV shows are better than movies. However, the movie I most enjoyed this year was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

8. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wow, the only two in your list I've seen is Django Unchained and Savages.

9. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Underworld: Awakening
    Cabin in the Woods
    Prometheus
    Brave
    Magic Mike
    Odd Life of Timothy Green
    ParaNorman
    Resident Evil: Retribution

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It appears I have not seen any new movies in 2012 :D So it is pretty nice to see these best of lists here :cheers2:

11. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

berberian sound studio
    into the abyss
    sightseers
    skyfall
    the dark knight rises

but i've been reliably informed that when i get round to watching them, a royal affair and this is not a film will be making my list as well :)

12. vbrandon

vbrandon Guest

Been watching movies alk my life. Love em. Last one been watching boys dnt cry. Great movie. What do u think bout it

13. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Boys Don't Cry is a great movie.

14. bukkakeguy

bukkakeguy Member

Thought 2012 was a pretty week year for going to the movies. Me and the missus like to go if there's a good film out but I dont think I went once in 2012.

We meant to go and see Silver Linings Playbook but never got round to it.

Saw Life Of Pi last night, I enjoyed it but she very distinctly didn't and now I'm in the bad books :(

15. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I want to see LIfe of Pi

16. youngnpassion

youngnpassion Member

I think this year my favorite movie was "Zero Dark Thirty" thus far - I also loved Argo, but I have yet to see Lincoln, Le Mis (don't really wanna see this one - can't imagine Russell's Crowe can actually sing), and Silver Linings Playbook (I have a feeling this one may actually be my favorite by the end from the things I've heard about it)

17. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

The best movie I saw last year was Carnage, from Roman Polanski.

18. odonII

odonII O

My favourite movie of 2012 is 'The Sweeney'. Yeah, I really liked all the blockbusters, too. But this little film was well done for a fraction of the price (I think two million - including promotion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpMiFLiLtA"]The Sweeney Trailer (2013) - YouTube

19. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I think I've only seen Skyfall and Argo. Argo was very nice. Skyfall was bad.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I enjoyed Life of Pi, thought provoking to say the least.
    But thus far the best to come out of 2012 and possibly the decade thus far is Cloud Atlas.
    If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. Just watched for the second time in a week last night and I know I'm going to be watching more than a few times more, and getting something completely new with each viewing.
    Yes it is that good and compelling.