any recumbent bikers?

Discussion in 'Backpackers Message Forum' started by ywarpeace, Dec 22, 2012.

1. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

i was thinking of getting a greenspeed gt3 folding 9 speed tadpole style and i was wondering if it was any good or should i keep looking. i want to use it for cross country bike trips

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Varmint

Varmint Member

The nice thing about tadpoles is that you can take a nap without getting off the bike. Just pull off and lay back and snore. I saw one guy who appears to have custom-built his tadpole, as it was much longer than any I've seen before, and had one of the plastic footlockers on the front between the wheels for some of his gear, rack and saddlebags over the rear wheel, and a canopy stretched overhead to protect him from rain. It was amazing, and you can still pull a trailer behind you. My current bent is a Bike-E with a short wheelbase, no longer made. Considered an entry-level bent, it did get me back riding again.

3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I don't have a recumbent bike but I've always fancied one....only trouble is I'm rather large (I'm 6ft 6) so I'd need to try before I buy which isn't very convenient.

4. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Uphill would be a great workout for the shins and ankles.

5. Varmint

Varmint Member

My reply:
    You might try looking up Recycled Recumbents as this guy makes them from regular bike frames. I'm not sure about tadpoles with him, as they're not as simple, but it's a start.

Adamskiffle likes this.