Rv nomads

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by tg2lynch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

Exactly where I was in my head when I started out... Idea was to gradualy get as self sustaining as possible while enjoying the time getting there. Starting out with a campers seemed to make perfect sense. Put together a few good like minds and chances are things might move along much fatster. Finding others who are motivated and able has been a challenge.

PS: where you lacated hillbilly, how serious are you about the idea?

2. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I am in the state of Ohio, but I think I'd rather stick in my state and around my area, I love my family too much, and finding reliable work would seem hard if i astrayed too far. Starting my own wood pallet recycling company as well as a resale business. The thrift stores around here list the retail value of their items and pawn shops will buy anything with a bargain

example craps table from ceasars palace worth 3500, thrift store sells it for 800, I buy and sell to pawnshop for 1500-2500

3. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

I hear ya Hillbilly, what matters most is allways the key factor. Theres an ideal situation for each of us, roll with what works for ya is what it comes down to. The roots of some trees are best left planted. Peace and all the best to ya :)

4. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

And eventually I want to start my own small organic and free range farm. However I could see me occasionally joining up with an rv tribe for inspirations for my writings. That's one thing I would have trouble with. I wonder how would I get paid as a writer, if they can't send it to a permanent address. Perhaps have it sent to a money card?

5. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

Organic farm, awesome idea, love it!! I also have plans to someday join or creat an off grid community of organic living... but for now, Im stuck on feeding my wild side. There are actualy quite a bit of writers who are full time RVers, and making a comfortable living doing it. Others have all sorts of internet based businesses, needless to say, that can be done from anywhere. Some even manage to make things work in less high tech style.Nomadic or not, its the guys living hard core natural style, and making it, that realy get my respect.... ATM or any bank card is a simple solution for money matters, and its exactly what makes my life easier. A home state and an address is allways going to be a requirement in this country, no getting around it. All good things in good time.. you got the ideas, come up with a plan...get er done :)

PS: http://www.nurvers.com/ check out this web site, might come in handy

6. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Yeah the house is gonna be partially underground house . This book will teach me, its not gonna be 550 dollars due to inflation it will be more or less a little over 3-4 grand, but yeah I plan on joining the airforce to help save up money for my farm. Raising my own animals for meat and dairy, veggies and fruits etc etc, plus I can wonder 30 days a year paid vacation n the military and if i am willing to wait, I can get free flights to anywhere in the world. Also in regards to a adress....does a po box count? Also look into converting your rv to work on wood. A farmer did it and he gets 5000 miles on his old farm truck on a cord of wood

7. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

Well, on the move once again, Down in central Va at the moment, feels good to be out of NY state! Just may spend the winter months parked at a nudist resort...Gotta try everything once ya know. Hard to pass on something new. The new travel trailer is nearly twice the weight as our last one, and traveling is slow going and costly. If we're to continue a nomadic lifestyle, looks like we may switch up to something smaller and all wrapped up in one... Im coming to realize, the lighter the better.

8. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Central....hmm anywhere near Lee County?

9. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

about 300 miles give or take, tough to call it anywhere near . Most likely gonna be headed further south as the cooler temps start to set in. Im thinking Florida, against all personal favor, may end up our set up spot for winter. If this is the case, we're going to have to bite the bullet and set up at a pay camp ground.