website designer

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by braveheartlion, Dec 13, 2012.

1. braveheartlion

braveheartlion Member

I need an estimate from a person that could use some work on building a simple website and showing me how to maintain it. Please pm me or send email to lovingtree@hipplanet.com so we can discuss the details.
    thanks and blessings:sunny:

2. ilham45

ilham45 Guest

3. HM1119

HM1119 LIFE IS GOOD: BUT GOD IS GREAT Lifetime Supporter

What's your economic

4. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

When I was still building sites, I charged a flat fee of $400, to create and deploy a simple HTML Site with no moe than a total of four linked paged, each containing no more than four images, No Scripting or Automation.
    Everything else was billed by the hour plus the cost of any scripts (eCommerce, etc.)

Toker likes this.
  5. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Another 12 year old thread bumped....
    If anyone needs help with websites, let me know. I'm here to help.

wilsjane likes this.
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The one thing I can be certain of, is that your help would be completely genuine.

Not right now, but I would love to find a provider to host our email domain, without a package of items useless to us.
    I have considered static IP and our own server, but that would cost a fortune and involve a business outlook subscription along with 24/7 operation of our systems.

7. HM1119

I have absolutely no gain from this and it's straightforward honestly and would refer you to them where you can see what they do and always take the worst and hope for the best
    Y wife (not legally married) and her husband Julio works in the digital marketing department of the company. You can contact me or I will get you their contact information. You probably heard of the mother company.

8. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can run a domain of your own on a shared (not dedicated) server for a few quid per month.
    Several server providers offer that type of service (so I don;t need to name anyone in particular) and they're were all low-digit USD last time I looked.

You can run a website, database and email from it.

@Toker - any knowledge of how to set up a server in my room and connect it to the Internet? I'm guessing I'd need a fixed IP address from my broadband/fibre provider?

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This could be a problem, since fibre runs at 3Gb. Providers who offer a lower speed are using a contention ratio. The most popular being 500Mb and a contention ratio of 6, therefore using dynamic IP.
    Whatever you do, cross location software will use packet switch technology, with limited packet sizes and intervals. If this did not exist, the receiver's system could easily exceed it's RAM and run into virtual memory.
    I often explain all this, as the digital equivalent of driving to work in a Ferrari, along a potholed winding county road, with a tractor in front of me.

10. HM1119

I don't know nothing about technology or seo. All I can tell you is SEO and things of this type of nature like black magic. The good ones are the ones not available and the gypsies are the ones that will guarantee magic
    If you are interested, I can introduce you to the person who heads this project so cut out the middle man. The company my girlfriend and sister both work is headquarters here but use overseas labor.

wilsjane likes this.