Old and recent new paintings and drawings.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Fairlight, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Peacock25

Peacock25 Member

If you get any kind of relief or enjoyment from it, then it's worth doing. I paint but I never ever show my work to anyone! It's just like this weird kind of release for me

2. PureSoul

PureSoul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi, I hope you are well. I totally agree, it's a personal thing for myself too. You get in your zone and simply release your emotions and energies.

Firstly let me say how really interesting your pieces are, love them. Thank you for sharing. ~:D Xx

Many have asked if I sell or will exhibit but in all honesty it never comes to mind.

IF I do ever exhibit I will most certainly write what I meant by each piece. I understand that 'art' has been said to be what it means to those who view it and have been many speculations on 'famous artist' so to speak but been rarely know what they actually meant if they had any deep meaning at all or was just rather their interpretation of a still piece.

For myself IF I do exhibit I will want them to be known for what they were meant to be and not what others might 'think' but this is a big IF as, like yourself, these were a personal time for me.

Xx

3. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I think if you exhibit you just have to let others make of your art what they will.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

how did I miss all this. good stuff Fair.. :)

5. PureSoul

Everyone has a right to an opinion after all. Xx

6. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

To have an actual exhibition/show and say "This is me"..."I stand by this"...I think that takes a certain degree of courage.I've participated in group shows,but never had a one man show.I'm kind of over that anyway now.

7. PureSoul

How do you mean over it?

In all honesty I'm a very private person. I have no problem explaining to people who I am and where I've journeyed from but to exhibit, well the only reason I would is to get my message out to those who will listen. Xx

8. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I'm really bad at complimenting people but I want to post something in this thread so that I'll get updated when you post something new:) And I can't really tell you my favorites since they're not titled. I do really like the yellow and blue one with the man, woman, and baby in a field of flowers though..

[​IMG]

9. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Thanks Rainy.That picture you like photographed very badly and looks better in reality.I really will try and post up new work next week.I've been meaning to for ages.I just think I'm crap basically...

10. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Here a few more old and new things for your amusement.

11. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

And one more.

12. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I really like your work Fairlight!

13. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Any chance a moderator could remove this thread as the thumbnails have gone since the site reformatted and it just looks silly.Maybe then I can start a new thread.

1 person likes this.
  14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I didn't get a chance to see them.

15. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Is it better to be looked over than overlooked?

16. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It is better to see than not.