Stop The Hate!!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Aerianne, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have become aware of an group which counter-protests hate groups, one of those being Westboro Baptist Church.

There are chapters in several places around the states. The origin of this group is from Laromie, Wyoming and was formed by Matthew Shepard's friend. Mattew was tortured to death for being Gay.
    http://eatromaine.com/1/laramie-angels.html

Here are some photos from the Atlanta Chaper, which I will be joining.
    https://www.************/groups/angelactionatl/

The angels use their wings to make a barrier between mourners and hateful protesters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They also march in the Atlanta Gay Pride parade where they form a barrier between the parade and hate filled protesters as needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you will find or form a local chapter if you feel called to do this.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Good cause... :2thumbsup:

3. odonII

odonII O

I like that kind of protest. Ordinary 'folk' protesting Ordinary 'folk' (...if that makes sense)

4. Aerianne

Besides bringing attention to the need to end hate of LGBT community, the angels attend funerals of members of the armed services which are protested by the hate mongers of Westboro Baptist Church.

The angels protest in silent compassion.

It's quite powerful.

5. Aerianne

The angels also counter-protest the hateful antisemitism which Westboro Baptist Church attempts to spread.

Here is Angel Action Atlanta
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emvehiq8pE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emvehiq8pE

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

nice. It's about time people did something about those horrid people. Freedom of speech is a bitch sometimes,but the Angels are doing it the right way.

7. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

That's awesome!

8. Aerianne

9. Aerianne

Sent to me today by one of our Hip Forum members:

I AM

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the boy who never finished high school,
    because I got called a faggot everyday

I am the girl kicked out of her home
    because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the one working the streets
    because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother
    tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our
    daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn’t have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don’t believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am a warrior for my country serving proud, but can’t be my true self because gays aren’t allowed in the military.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I’m a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I the who isn’t sure what she is. I am the who is rejected by her “best friends” because of a less-than-conventional crush.

I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to “teach me a lesson.”

(The last line is in reference to the murder of Matthew Shepard. He is the reason that Angel Action was started by Romaine Patterson).

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I like this.

I remember hearing about a Hells Angels Chapter that was doing this same thing, for the funerals protested by WBC.

11. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

finally something not about that freaken occupy stuff :rolleyes:

this actually seems like a good idea

12. Aerianne

I'm a person of multi-faceted interests.

This seems to be a much needed and appreciated action.

13. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

This thread affected me very deeply.A good cause.

14. Aerianne

I wonder if there is a group in London, Fair. If not, it would be an awesome thing to start. It's not just about countering the hate of Westboro Baptist Church; sadly, there are other groups that spew their hate in the same manner.

15. Aerianne

16. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I agree. Stop the hate.

If you're gay and you like it, I'm happy for you. But please understand that I'm not gay. And I ain't gonna be gay. Respect that please.

Mutual respect is what is needed.