Van Dwelling for 1000 days and Counting

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by hoboberg, Oct 1, 2012.

1. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

T'is so nice to be able to stand up...but yes a non glassed van or one with the windows abscured so that people cannot look in with a nice skylight to the stars and a large solar panel would be much more stealthy - even a conversion van with extra headroom would do nice.
    Having had a conversion van I question the mileage in the gasoline versions.

Hey starman - ever get down to cochise stronghold N of Benson...I often spend some time up by sorens pass. the crystal and gem show is wonderful and iffn you got cash you can buy some wonderful crystals cheaper than most place - or maybe that'a a used to be.

Enjoy !

Namaste

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

The non-glass vans can be stealth but cops do keep an eye out for that style.
    (peado-vans)

I've had the desk-bunk in my van for a week now. It's doing brutal things to my mileage.

3. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

Yeah, the key is where you park...but where I live, there are so many friggin vans, I think everyone is suspect

4. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

I got nuttin

5. hoboberg

hoboberg Member

Thanks Yep still out here living the dream. Much closer to 2000 days now. Added more solar and more batteries too

1 person likes this.
  6. Aussie48

Aussie48 Guest

Great to read ... I live in a van now and wouldn't want it any other way. Been living this way for 12 months or more. My partner also prefers the lifestyle of travelling too ... and there's very litle domestic cleaning!!! :guitarist: :guitarist: :guitarist:

Cheers

Aussie.