universities!! some advice would me awesome

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by swoosh, Sep 30, 2012.

1. swoosh

swoosh Member

... alright, i did terrible in high school, and now im going to community college. im getting good grades 3.0 +. I want to make it to a university and im getting good grades i have been told extra curriculars make a difference but i am looking to support myself while at community college. will a 3.0+ gpa get me into a decent university?

2. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

Most universities will still review your sat scores. While maintaining a good gpa at your present college is a good thing you should be able to transfer to a 4yr program. Talk with your counselor he or she can best advise on how to achieve your education goals. But in a generalist answer you should be able to find a 4yr program. Not sure Columbia,Harvord,Stanford or Yale is in that mix but a lesser caliber UC is probably going to offer you some financial aid. Don't know about scholarships though. TALK TO YOUR COUNSELOR

3. swoosh

swoosh Member

that sounds good there is so damn much to take into consideration. thanks man sounds like an sat should be retaken for me. Taking community college is serious going to a real university seems amazing maybe esucation will take me there. im in the clouds right now though everything never makes sense keeping things in stride is right wtf

4. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

lol. well idk what your sat scores where but if you have yourself more in tune with your education than making an appointment to retake them is a good idea. Just study for them and don't get to overwhelmed by the ordeal. Idk what your education goals are so it's hard for me to ponder if it will take you there... Enjoy your time at college its brief and than the real world gobbles you up. Come to the undestanding of what you can control in your life and realize that the decisions you make today will help you get where you want to be tomorrow. Accept the fact that shit happens in life and move on. Don't dwell on yesterday hoping it will change what you do today. Most importantly take things as they come you can't prepare for all of lifes curveballs, sometimes there is no stride and when all else fails. Take a deep breath and say fuck this shit.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Importing an associates degree really helped me.