Go Topless

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by dixie_pixy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Could care less, boobs out or boobs in.

2. inkgal8290

inkgal8290 Member

Interesting the way this is going again....i think to understand the topic one needs an education 1)in "modernism" 2) in postmodernism and 3) in the proposal of post post modernity.
    Currently i am trying to get a handle fully on modernism to understand the social implications of post modernity. there is a good episode ...by an australian man "bob huges" of "shock of the new". it addresses the concept of the death of radicalism and the avangard replaced with a concept where people can be "normalized" and there can be a regulated place for radicalism.
    the video is quiet dated however huges really got this series right on modernity. he sums it up beautifully i think.
    but back to the topic..
    "It is a form of segregation. Some people are forced to be fully clothed. "
    thats correct. i am quiet old and have seen numbers of social vector changes. i lived in bondi beach australia in the 1980s and south bondi was topless...unregulated and the locals just informally agreed that it was ok...in fact it was the locals who where topless.
    but all that changed in the mid 1990s where suburbia and gentrification crept in again...regulating and controlling behavior in general..thus deleting individual rights again.
    the individuals moved west yet to be again dislocated in the early 2000s.
    so where do we go to quietly go about our own beguine business these days?
    any ideas? i went to mexico...unfortunately i landed in the middle of a war.
    so further south? maybe...but i have run out of funds.
    i think the east had it right..there is no where safe to be yourself...except the universe within. which eventually turns its self inside out....with a quiet silent scream..I AM. therefore i think.
    cheers ink8290
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiC5VfXR1A"]The Shock of the New, ep 8 The Future that Was - YouTube

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

freedom is defined not only what "you can do" but by what others can not do to you. so if you are free to be naked, others are not free to use force or harassment to prevent you from being naked.

this means that one kind of freedom is always the negation of another kind of freedom.

unless a community is already in harmony then, the exercise of freedom is always a kind of violence. you are using force upon those who are opposed to a certain kind of freedom by denying them a freedom of their own.

the only model of organizing society that I can think of that does not depend on violence would allow groups that are not in harmony to have their own protected place.

you may brand that segregation, but I think that segregation is when people are forced to separate, not when they choose to separate. Should we annihilate little italies and chinatowns because they represent "segregation"? Should we kick down the doors of people's homes, because a home represents a segregation from the rest of society?

4. inkgal8290

inkgal8290 Member

the only model of organizing society that I can think of that does not depend on violence would allow groups that are not in harmony to have their own protected place.

you may brand that segregation, but I think that segregation is when people are forced to separate, not when they choose to separate. Should we annihilate little italies and chinatowns because they represent "segregation"? Should we kick down the doors of people's homes, because a home represents a segregation from the rest of society?

Oh no. I also am in a minoritory group. Of cause we separate because some people have hurt us allot. and also have used violence upon us, destroyed our rights and just outright murdered us. people can be very cruel.
    Im really lucky I have a supportive community round me currently. With my busness respected and me as a person is generally liked….these people do not have my background either. Im use to people being real mean.
    And ive been just as stingey too but I don’t think as mean as is “ordinary”
    Yeah ..i understand part of your post .the other part I will think about…any way you can tell I have been drinking too much…..derrr.
    Yeah tomorrow I will be more articulate.
    cheers ink8290.

5. newbie-one

drinkgal?????

6. inkgal8290

inkgal8290 Member

yeah last night i was drinkgal...lol....i takes about 4 beers and im gone.. any way i have a clear head now and maybe will make more sense. if that’s possible
    "freedom is defined not only what "you can do" but by what others can not do to you. so if you are free to be naked, others are not free to use force or harassment to prevent you from being naked."
    it all depends where you live in the end i do not think there is any such thing as social complete freedom..there are places where you can free or freeer ...or in some places you can be locked up ,fined and everything in between. it depends on the socio/legal vector of the location.
    this means that one kind of freedom is always the negation of another kind of freedom.
    true.
    unless a community is already in harmony then, the exercise of freedom is always a kind of violence. you are using force upon those who are opposed to a certain kind of freedom by denying them a freedom of their own.
    the concept of "freedom" i think and am trying to understand is a product of modernity and its linguistic paradigm.
    freedom is usually associated in the modern mind with something "new" or the concept that the individual is like royalty and individualistic rights are like a desirable quality to be rewarded.
    this is not always the case of course. yeah i understand what your saying. like if i go topless in a social environment that opposes topless than i am enforcing my adjender on others.
    however i do beleive that ths i has been taken to extreme say in the case of the anit smoking lobby. where now in cal one can not be 80 feet from a public park and smoke.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans_in_the_United_States
    i do think this is an example of a lobby having more in mind than public health. what their ultimate adjender is im not sure however it is consistent with the plethora of laws in recent years aimed at control of the individual.
    "the only model of organizing society that I can think of that does not depend on violence would allow groups that are not in harmony to have their own protected place."......i understand that ..at times is see culture like that....the sort of culture i like is very rich in the arts, experimental and improvisationalin nature ..really its the opposite of suburban values. where i live suburban values have been slowly developing and taking over....with creative culture receding to several blocks east and west of the town center.i see it like a Paleolithic landscape where the ferns and rainforest have retreated to small valleys as the climate changes on the higher or middle ground.
    often i feel like a unusual plant ..and being human i do need some protection.
    this feeling of being unusual is because of my ambiguous gender status that falls into the " gender queer" girlish boy or boyish girl category...i was transgender m to f however as years went by and my mentality caught up to my biology i assess myself a a gq eunuch...i plan to become among the few people on earth who have "other" in the gender on my birth certificate.
    you may brand that segregation, but I think that segregation is when people are forced to separate, not when they choose to separate. Should we annihilate little italies and chinatowns because they represent "segregation"? Should we kick down the doors of people's homes, because a home represents segregation from the rest of society?
    i think i answered that. yeah ..no way....you see e7m8 i think understand post modernity and vedic meditation are the tools to accurately answering your questions and i am nowhere near being there yet.
    i know for me that i have a very strong feeling that vedic meditation is the key to personal interpersonal social and world peace. as it delivers the direct experience of a mind without thoughts.
    country to popular projection this thoughtless state is full of life and i believe is actually the background frequency of the universe. this universal background frequency is common to every one on earth . i feel by more individuals realizing this universal quality we can understand that we have more in common than we have that is uncommon.
    the big problem is that people seem unwilling to see their thought structures in the perspective of a relatively small part of the experience of the universe.
    Einstein stated ....The most important decision we can make is whether this is a friendly or hostile universe.
    i do not think its a decision..i think its an investigation and i do believe that the universe is much more happier and giving than most may imagine.
    Unfortunately i have almost died 3 times and i did not see it as such.
    you see im just groping round in the dark trying to find my way to a better life.
    hay ..thanks for your post..it gave me allot to think about.
    cheers...ink8290..hummm…just read this …a bit sloppy I think
    I think michelle Foucault had allot to say about this topic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I think there is a bigger chance of making it illegal for men to go topless by this particular push for equality.

Like it or not - women have boobs - and boobs are sexual. There are a number of evolutionary theories by prominent scientists that explain breasts as sexual organs (many of these also explain why larger and rounder breasts are preferred by a majority of males); that it isn't just a social thing.

The push for public nudity isn't likely to succeed until we have a push for sexuality in America. As long as sex is seen as taboo -- most moral Americans won't be able to allow women's sex organs to hang out; now will they?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have no problem with nudity. However, it seems silly to me to organize a rally around being topless and act like it's a political statement.

Maybe it's wrong to oversexualize breasts in every situation, but I really don't think the answer to this is to politicize them.

9. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

So I'm strolling along,it's a sunny day,I'm thinking beautiful thoughts.....and suddenly there's my granny and her bingo friends coming toward me,topless!

ARRRRRRGGGHHH!

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Hit The Nail On The Head...:2thumbsup:

Cheers Glen.

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Then, out walks this smoking hot model. Tight jeans, a cute sun hat and...wait, oh her boobs are amazing! What a beautiful body... doesn't it deserve to be admired?

12. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

....and promptly gets chased away by my granny's gang waving their walking sticks!

13. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Hahaha... I could see all the titties jiggling, running down the street!

Would be awesome!

14. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I walk outside with my tits showing sometimes :3

15. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I wish I could - but I would be arrested if anyone saw me!

Equality!!!

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

See, this just goes to show that breasts will always be sexual to some extent.

Grannys boobies aren't sexy. People want to admire the model's breasts because they are sexy.

17. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

It's not just about what's sexy. It's about what's fair! It's not that the grandma's boobs aren't sexy, they just aren't as sexy anymore because she is past her sexual prime!

But some of you are right, we can't move past this because people will probably always view women's breast in a sexual way! It's too ingrained not to.

I wish we could reconstruct our thought process when it comes to breast. The problem is, that sex itself is bad, so a woman's "sex organs" (I don't think breast are sex organs! :/ ) should be hidden.

I love breast as much as the next person. It's the prudes we have to hide from! Obviously, according to the poll!

18. newbie-one

about what's fair? about what's fair?

there are about 2 billion people in the world trying to survive on a dollar per day of income, people are being tortured, raped and exterminated in Sudan, the global economy could crash any minute, global warming could permanently fuck the earth, and we may be on the verge of world war III.

is the great fucking cause and injustice of the world your inability to show your tits at any time and place you fancy?

Jesus H. Fucking Christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there should be an abundance of places where people who want to be nude can go, I'm all for that.

but it doesn't have to be the whole fucking world. stop acting like a spoiled child.

19. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Nobody said all I care about is tits.
    Just because I make one post about boobs doesn't mean that is all I care about. I am very aware of the injustice in the world. And I'm sure other posters would feel the same way!

Just because you make 1 post about animal rights, gays, anal sex, marijuana, shitty rock music or what the fuck ever - doesn't mean you aren't paying attention to the bigger picture!

20. newbie-one

people here for the most part post about random shit and then shoot the shit about it. I don't begrudge anyone posting about any topic that they choose.

but it seems like you've both protested for this cause and are crusading for it here. I don't think that you have your priorities straight, and the whole thing just seems childish to me.