MSNBC Now More Popular than Fox News!

Discussion in 'The Media' started by skip, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

95% of the corporate, mainstream media is blatantly pro-liberal, so I don't see why libs make such a big deal about FOX News. To me they all suck because I despise liberals as much as I despise the so-called "conservatives" who watch FOX News while voting for big government Republicrats like Mitt Romney and George W. Bush.

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

How crude, but probably accurate.

Please don't mock the only decent reason to put on Fox.

3. Pressed_Rat

Both sides distort the truth. FOX News is no worse than CNN or MSNBC. They simply tell you what you have been conditioned to want to hear.

Unlike 98% of the people on this forum, I don't subscribe to the left vs. right dialectic. Both sides can go fuck themselves. So can any corporate whore media outlet, regardless which side of the phony left/right spectrum they cater to.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I watch Faux News about a half hour a day (different times of the day through the week) just to see the crap my Dad watches 24/7. He thinks that they are "fair and balanced" (they probably told him that). I usually can't stand even a half hour without yelling at them throughout the show.

My Dad is an intelligent man so how he knows that MSNBC is biased and can't see that Faux is, is beyond me.

5. MrSpankHappy

MrSpankHappy Member

I do not watch any network or cable news.. If I want to know what is going on in the world, I have my news sources that I trust (which I crossreference to make sure I am not being lied to).

However as for MSNBC being more popular than F*cks news (LOL) I guess the data compiled from the drudgereport.com means nothing. Be sure to note that both Colbert and the Daily show have higher ratings than MSNBC and CNN.

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,865,000
    FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,729,000
    CMDY DAILY SHOW 2,806,000
    FOXNEWS GRETA 2,753,000
    FOXNEWS BAIER 2,567,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP 2,355,000
    FOXNEWS FIVE 2,242,000
    CMDY COLBERT 1,912,000
    MSNBC MADDOW 1,839,000
    MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,557,000
    MSNBC HARDBALL 1,119,000
    MSNBC SHARPTON 1,092,000
    CNN PIERS 894,000
    CNN COOPER 662,000

6. Pressed_Rat

Exactly my point! It's the same reason people on here can't see that MSNBC is biased, but know FOX News is. People are conditioned to either be liberals or conservatives/Democrats or Republicans, hence the reason people know nothing about anything of real importance. Everyone wants to take a side and feel good about it rather than see things as they really are.

Anyone who gets it isn't going to side with one corporate news network over another. They're going to realize they're all feeding the same bullshit dressed up in their politically partisan bias of choice, regardless if they're FOX News, CNN or fucking PBS.

I don't pay attention to whether a certain network is liberal or conservative, because those labels are simply bullshit and are used to divide people. The fact is, corporate news is corporate news, regardless of what one chooses to label it as. It is all propaganda -- pure and simple.

7. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Ever watch Free speech TV or Links TV?

8. Man Yellow

Man Yellow Member

You do realize that you and people like you are the root cause of most of the nation's problems, right?

9. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Please explain

10. Pressed_Rat

Why? I am not the one who voted for these people.

11. Man Yellow

Man Yellow Member

Nope. You're the one that despises all of your countrymen. I mean, the teabaggers hate the lefties, but at least they tend to like each other. And the lefties loathe the teabaggers right back, but tend to get along inside their group.

You hate everyone. That's a great way to help deal with the divide that has A) been tearing this country in half since 1964, and B) allowed the bankers to fuck us over harder (divide & conquer, right?) than they have since 1928.

But, hell, at least you can be all hip about it, right? Nobody's "pure" enough to match your exacting standards, so you wind up having precisely zero effect on the body politic.

Which is as it should be; one more drone that's taken himself completely out of the decision-making process. One more leech whimpering about the same people that help him live each day, despite any protests about individualism and all that other Ayn Rand bullshit.

Problem is, there's a bunch of people just like you. Freeloaders on society, culturally if not financially. Too many of you, to be perfectly honest, and that's why 460 billionaires pretty much own the whole fucking place.

Be proud, Mr Hipster. Stand tall. You've done your part.

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

13. odonII

odonII O

Why?

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Perhaps it's not as epic of a fail as I originally thought. I really enjoyed that pic though lol.

Sure PR may read a little too far into some things, but he is far from the source of the problems we are facing in the United States. I think that the epicenter of disaster is all of those who have hard ons for any of the two major candidates.

15. odonII

odonII O

It is a funny picture - I'll give you that :D Perhaps 'Man Yellow' was a tad ott - but there was a good point there, imho.

16. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I don't get this number - I've never understood it and frankly I think it's a fantasy - no, not a fantasy, it's a deliberately perpetuated myth, born from the desparate imaginations of some desparately fanatical/extreme right-wing psychopaths. I've worked in the mainstream media for the past decade. I understand your point about the "Republicrats", and I certainly understand the concept of "Demoblicans" (my quote, not yours).

Newscorp holdings aside (and if you think that Newscorp (or any of it's holdings) has a liberal bias, then we're clearly not agreeing on the same definition of Liberalism - or Conservatism for that matter), I see no evidence of this 95% you're talking about. None. I mean, which are we talking about - political or cultural beliefs? If you're talking cultural liberalism, then I'd be inclined to agree with this number, but if we're talking about political ideology - you're just plain wrong, and here's why:

The media, at every level, from prime-time news to your local backwoods rag answers to its advertisers and if you think there is some kind of noble disconnect for the sake of journalistic integrity between the message of "the-hands-that-feeds" and what gets published and broadcasted in the media, you are insane. There is a grand pecking order and if you want to know who is really calling the shots with regard to this so-called "liberal media" you don't have to look any further than the prime-time ad spots you don't watch in between the subtle talking heads brainwashing sessions you subject yourself to. Do you really think Pfizer, Monsanto, Dow, Chevron, BP, not to mention (well I will mention) alleged "think tank/lobby" PR handjobs like AEA and the Americans For Prosperity farce, which would be fucking laughable if they weren't so incredibly and dangerously well-funded, powerful and psychopathic, would support an authentic, liberal biased press?

You want to see what happens when an authentic liberal bias slips through on network television? Look at Dan Rather, look at Keith Olberman. You think that little clubhouse over at MSNBC isn't getting memos and parameters to stay in? The whole thing is modeled after FAUX! It's a very clever and business savy niche' in the infotainment industry. I can hear the banter in the concept meeting:

"Yeah we've got half the population being underserved here, we're missing out on a gold mine - I think we can get exploit the hell out of this and still manage to keep the ad revenue pouring in, as long as we have a good ass slappin', wink-wink understanding with our corporate sponsorship, and a stiff grip on the scrotes and clits of our pundits - it's a win,win."

Liberal Bias? Gimme-a-break. Do you think any of these producers and publishers give two shits who actually wins these elections? Their ad revenue is what keeps them awake at night, nothing more or less. Trust me, you're getting exactly as much, and no more, "liberal press" as your banking overlords see fit - and that amounts to just enough appeasement to keep your (their) legislator's lacky heads off the pikes.

17. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i've never watched anything on either station, other than video clips online, but i'm reading rachel maddow's book right now (Drift) and she seems intelligent.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

didn't you just make a post about your cheap walmart cellphone plan?

it seems like you hold others to standards that you can't meet yourself.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I like Rachel Maddow... Chris Hayes is pretty good too. Think I might get his book as well. It's titled Twighlight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy.

20. Bond007

Bond007 Member

You and be both brotha! :afro: