Nuru Massage - have you tried it ???

Discussion in 'The Orgasmic Experience' started by GAP, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GAP

GAP Member

hi everyone, well during my short time here in this forum, i have mentioned Nuru Massage in some of my posts, and again in one of my threads, and because of the responses i got, i have decided to put this topic out there for those who wish to discuss it.

now, i dont know if i am allowed to post links to demonstrate what i am discussing here, so please let me know if they are not allowed and i will remove them, however members can simply google the topic and find their own information.

in the 2 Vimeo links below, they vaguely demonstrate the usual basic technique that is generally employed in commercial salons, however for personal use this technique can vary, and be expanded upon depending on the requirements of the client, and what the "giver" is prepared to do as part of the service they offer.

basically, the Nuru massage is a "sensual" full body to body massage which is done with both "giver" and "receiver" being naked, and the "giver" starts off by applying an appropriate amount of this special Nuru gel, or lotion (explained in the wikipedia link below) all over the "receivers" body and begins the massage in basically the same way as a routine full body massage, and then it moves on to a point where the "giver" starts gliding their body, and body parts (boobs or penis included) over the "receivers" body to sensually massage them, and from there, well its up to the "giver" to end it after specified time has been reached, or at any given point where the "receiver" is satisfied and is happy to finish.

in a commercial salon, the "giver" is generally the dominant partner, there is no exchanging of roles, however in certain situations, and especially in private situations, the Nuru Massage can be much more flexible in that the roles can be reversed by mutual agreement, and these role changes can be implemented or reversed, at a mutually agreed point of time during the massage.\\

i should point out that in certain situations, where it is mutually agreed upon, both parties "can be" the giver and receiver at the same time, and i dont think i need to explain this part any more than this, im sure most of you reading this will understand what i am talking about :)

i personally have only ever had a Nuru Massage in 2 different "spa's" in the philippines, where they offered different fees for various types of nuru massages that they offered (i will go more into those later if anyone is interested)

now, on a personal level, my wife and i have a regular, once a week "twin" nuru massage that is given by my wife's 45 y/o filipino/japanese friend who has her own "spa" in her home, which is basically a huge bathroom that is fully tiled, it has a huge twin rose walk in shower, a 4 person spa bath, and it has a special ceiling mounted heater that is used during the massage to help keep our body and the "nuru gel" warm while the massage is being carried out.

the gell must be kept warm or it gets too thick and becomes slightly sticky :(

the massage is performed on a huge queen size rubber mattress that is stored in a cupboard under the vanity unit, and when it is pulled out it is placed on top of this massive toweling mat spread out on the floor, and is inflated using compressed air from a cylinder inside the cupboard.

the mattress is about 2 feet high (close to the floor incase we slide off) and the toweling mat on the floor is there to stop her from slipping over on the tiles, and she does spend some time on her knees at the start of the massage so she isnt kneeling on the hard tiled floor.

this actual setup will obviously vary depending where you go, or who gives you the massage, our friend renovated her home and because she practices Nuru, she decided to incorporate the "spa" into her own bathroom.

anyway, thats about it, if anyone would like to comment, please do so, i just wanted to share this topic with you all because we love it so much and wanted to share our experience of "Nuru" with you :)

cheers everyone

2. YoMama

YoMama Member

I think in most states this would be illegal. I have been a nationally certified MT and the type of massage you speak of could not be practiced in a legit salon.

3. GAP

GAP Member

im not sure about USA, and im pretty certain it may be illegal in "legit" salons or spa's here in australia as well, because it may well be deemed to be similar to, or actually be considered a "sexual" act ???

there was an offshoot from Nuru massage that was called "soapy" massage that took off in many places thru asia, but it was hit on the head very harshly by many authorities and was forced under ground, or only practiced in seedy clubs in busy tourist areas.

im not here suggesting that "Nuru massage" is a legal practice, im just sharing my experience of it from a private point of view, given i have never been to a "legit" nuru massage salon or spa here in australia, and have only ever experienced this practice with our friend in her private spa in her home, and she does not use her spa for commercial use, it is purely for her own private use, and we dont pay for our massages in her spa.

cheers

4. YoMama

YoMama Member

I think a good old fashioned Swedish massage is the best and the most therapeutic of all massages. I am sure many people wish to incorporate sex into massage. It is one of the reasons I choose not to stay licensed because of the demands for sex even in a dammed doctors office.

I kinda wish sensual massage would be legal so that the people who want it can get it without imposing themselves on people like me who do not wish to have sex as a career.

5. GAP

GAP Member

thx a lot for the great post, you hit the nail on the head for sure.

nothing wrong with any other form of massage, each has a purpose and some are better than others, and a good massage can only be as good as the therapist who gives it, some are good, others not so.

the nuru technique just takes the traditional massage to another level, but there is no definitive way in which the nuru massage should be carried out, nor is there a definative way of ending it, thats why its kind of like an open book, when someone does happen across a nuru massage therapist, the boundaries need to be defined first, so all parties involved know how far they can go, and when to stop.

nuru can be as sexual or non sexual as all parties (the giver and receiver) want it to be, and thats the thing i like about it, however, i guess that in regular types of massage, similar boundaries could also be created as well, it can become "sensual" or "sexual" depending on the given situation.

you were obviously a traditional "non sensual/sexual" massage therapist, but in your experiences, what %age of your clients were male/female, and what %age of those would ask for the massage to be "sensual" or even "sexual" prior to, or during the massage, and im only curios because i am convinced there are a lot of "women" out there who would definately like to have a sensual or sexual massage given to them, but cant find the right place or person to offer them one.

we know there are lots of "massage parlors" designed for men to go get their rocks off, but not so for women, unless a woman doesnt mind going to one of these places and have the massage given to them by another female.

my wife often tells me that i should be doing sensual massages for women, because she reckons i am good at it, and she also told me that some of the women at her work always say they would love to go have a naughty massage just like the men can, so maybe there is a market out there for it :)

for me, i would only ever want to do sensual massages on other women if i was to offer my services to anyone, and my take on a "sensual" massage involves a naked, full body, front and back, top to toe massage, that can (but not necessarily) include massaging of the breasts, the inner thighs, the bottom, and the vagina/perineum/anal area should the woman wish for this to be done, and again, this would have to be something that i guess would need to be discussed prior to starting the massage (now its starting to sound a lot like a Nuru)

6. FrostByte

FrostByte Member

Definitely interested in knowing more about the Nuru spas in Philippines. Could be a good place to bring my gf ;)

7. YoMama

YoMama Member

I worked with both men and women equally. Believe me it is not difficult for either sex to find someone who will to do a sexual massage.

8. GAP

GAP Member

you mean its easy to find someone within the "legitimate" massage business (where your background is) to perform sexual favors for their clients during a regular massage should it be offered for an additional charge ???

can i ask you (if you know the answer) how someone would actually know if a particular therapist offered such a service, because we all know that some guys especially would be looking for "extras" during a traditional massage.

is it something the client will ask first, or would the therapist make the offer him/herself prior to, or during the massage.

sorry to ask questions, but i have not been exposed to this sort of thing by legitimate massage therapists before, and have never heard of it happening.

wow seems like i have a lot to learn :(

hey, sorry bout the delay, i am still trying to find the location of the 2 spa's i went to in the philippines where i had the Nuru Massages, but they were in remote areas, one was on a small island off the north eastern coast, other was in a province 3 hours from manila.

in manila itself, i cant help you with any suggestions, there were several seedy places all over mabini and makarti when i used to go to manila, but now days, just like in bankok, they were closed down and force underground, or the massage parlors just stopped doing nuru all together, even tho you could still go to these places for a normal massage and still get "extra's" which is kind of the same sort of thing.

if you go to manila, im sure your wife may have a bit of an idea about street life in those places, just walk the streets and ask people, you will be guided in the right direction i can assure you of that, but be carefull is all i can say, because makarti and mabini can be nasty places to hang out., which is why i never resort to bars and seedy places like that.

9. YoMama

YoMama Member

I have found that usually the client does not ask until they are on the table. It happened so often I feel that most likely there are many MTs that will.

The people who have the best touch and ethics will not give into it though. So if you find one who will give sexual favors you are probably dealing with someone who can't make it without doing it.

I was going to work with someone who had a very nice office she came to meet me in a very sexy outfit and said she had a session scheduled after our meeting I did not feel confident working with her. I personally declined working on many people because of their persistance in wanting sex.

10. GAP

GAP Member

thx a lot, for the feedback, very interesting insight from your perspective, especially as i have never even attempted to ask for "extras" in any legit massage salon/spa that i have been to, if i went for a swedish massage, thats what i got, and im not sure what the therapists might have said if i did ask them, but i wouldnt have had the balls to even ask, im the type who would just see if they offered extras during the massage, or even hinted such a thing.

cheers, much appreciated :)

11. Ivory62

Ivory62 Senior Member

Illegal in most Australian states. There was actually a case on almost identical facts a few years ago here in South Australia, it was held to be an act of prostitution. I can see no reason why that ruling wouldn't also apply in many other jurisdictions. I can't speak for the US, but there may be other issues of legality, such as council or zoning laws.

Even if prostitution was decriminalised (as for example in some Australian states) the "giver" as you call her would need to be registered as a sex worker and observe all the relevant rules.

Having said all that, it sounds as sexy as hell.....

12. FrostByte

FrostByte Member

Cheers GAP, we are usually very careful about the places we go to when I'm in Manila. Anyway, my gf is very keen on 'experimenting' with another guy (see my other post) so I may have to look a bit deeper into these nuru massages.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

YoMama, how long did you work as an MT, and WTF is a nationally certified (in the USA) therapist?
    Even the MBLEX and NCTMB are voluntary.
    Individual states, or inon regulated states, localities, oversee massage therapy.

Dm
    CMT, California
    Thai, Deep Tissue/injury recovery, prenatal CranioSacral Therapy

14. YoMama

YoMama Member

I worked in the field for a little over 20 years. I was nationally certified for 7 of those years. The state I live in requires national certification before being state licensed. I just got tired of the sexual advances and also having to ask for permission from the state to do my work. The rate charged, the ce, and the time required to reup just got to be too much for me to maintain while trying to maintain other certifications with the bulk of my actual work being volunteer (not paid) the cost became too much for me to endure.

15. GAP

GAP Member

all i can say is if you ever get the opportunity and find a massage therapist (or anyone for that matter) who even knows about Nuru massage and is willing to give it a go, then take them up on it, i can assure you there is nothing else like it out there, if it is done right.

you also need to locate the right "potion" to use with the nuru massage, because it is not like any other massage lotion or potion, and you can find details in the following link.

you may get away with using the same Gel as they use in ultrasounds as it is very much like it in texture and feel, only nury Gel can be as thin or as thick as you want it to be, it depends on how you like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuru_(massage)

16. sbasic2

sbasic2 Member

That type of massage really sounds sensual and sexy. I'd like to try it. I'll just have to find adequate female MT :)

17. GAP

GAP Member

has anyone else tried Nuru Massage, or any other form of Sensual Massage, interested to here from you.

18. GAP

GAP Member

ok well it seems that maybe the topic of Nuru Massage isnt that popular in this forum, but i have some new info to add regarding our most recent Nuru Massage.

anyway, i have had thoughts of wanting my wife to have an encounter with another guy because she was 27 and a virgin when we married in 1990, and she is now almost 50, but she is happy with her lot, so i dont force the issue with her, however i do know that she often gets curious about what it is like to experience sex with another guy, and we often bring it up in our little chats when we are having one of our sexual encounters.

as i have already mentioned in this thread, we both have regular Massages (including joint Nuru Massages) with my wifes best friend in her home, and when her partner recently returned from working in japan for 2 years, my wifes friend suggested that all 4 of us get together one night and indulge in a 4-some Nuru Massage, and i am very happy to report that we finally got together with them and we shared our first ever couple on couple Nuru Massage with her friend and her partner, and it was the most amazing experience, and although my wife was very nervous to start with, once we got going she was totally fine, and it was her first ever experience being naked and actually having her body touched (massaged sensually) by another guy.

in our case, it was made easier because the other woman was my wifes friend and our regular massage giver, and we all went out for dinner before we returned to our friends home for the massage.

during dinner we had a chat about the Massage session, and we all agreed that we would be happy to start the Nuru with our own partners, then swap over partners when it felt right to do so, and we agreed that on this occasion it would not include any form of penetration (intercourse) with the opposite partner, but we did agree that anything else was fine, including a "happy ending" if everyone was comfortable doing so, and i can tell you that there was never any hesitation from any of us, it went on for about 1 hour, and that time was spent equally massaging both partners, followed by a 30 minute spa in her new 4 person spa bath.

we will be meeting up with them both again next month, so who knows what might happen, nothing will be forced, and we will not be making a decision about whether or not intercourse with the opposite partner will be on the agenda next time, i think its now accepted that because we went as far as we did this time, if anything else will happen next time, it will be decided during the Nuru massage on that night, although i can say that even if there will be no partner swapping for actual intercourse, i think there will be a good chance that both couples will actually finish the next Nuru Massage session off with intercourse on the Nuru Mattress at the same time, just to spice it up a bit :)

cheers everyone.

19. sbasic2

sbasic2 Member

@GAP- it seems like you have happy, long lasting relationship with your wife... Although that type of massage seems to be erotic and sensual, if it ends with intercourse next time, it would basically mean that you've become swingers...

I mean, from some of your posts, I got an impression that you love each other very much and that you have rich and fulfilled sex life.

You're not afraid of possible bad ramifications for your marriage?

20. luckwld16

luckwld16 Member

I've seen stuff about Nuru massage before and very interested. I've brought this up with my wife recently and looked into it and it looks awesome and we are really interested in doing this with each other (not necessarily going to get one). In the US, I believe this is illegal so haven't seen anything about it.

Any suggestions on how we can go about doing this in our own home together? I can get very messy I'm sure so what's the best procedure for keeping the mess contained without losing the freedom of rolling around and having fun? Are there special sheets we can put on our king size bed to protect it? What's a good place to buy the gel? Any techniques you recommend?