clean as a whistle (pig)

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by porkstock41, Sep 4, 2012.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

an Extreme Q will cost you around $150 on the right website.. with it.. i can make a quarter last twice as long.. easily... meaning... my money is made back within the first 3 1/8ths i buy.. simple investment when you look at it.. unless somehow you can get 3 smoking sessions out of .1-2g of weed..

@Porky.. I use the bags that came with the EQ.. haven't had to replace them yet

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

have you changed it to the 2nd bag at least? i notice a difference in taste when i change the bag. but maybe you don't care about taste since you vape it over 200! :p

i don't see how you get THREE sessions from .2 grams. i could understand one good session with .2, that's probably what i get. (i'm packing less than i used to since everyone says how much it saves them, i have started using less and less). but if i try to vape the same cyclone bowl pack say the next morning...it seems like it was all vaped up. even if i don't feel i extracted all the goodies the previous night, maybe only 2 bags instead of three. so i don't try that anymore.

i like to smoke a joint every now and then, but a joint takes more weed and it stinks. 90% of the time it's just me smoking at my computer (sounds pretty lame..), so i don't need a doobie (i know i could smoke a few hits and save it), but a doobie stinks the place up, the roach stinks, the last ~1/4 of it tastes kinda bad from the resin.

i hardly ever actually use my bong and my vape as pictured, i was just messing with different contraptions. i just smoke my bong with the ashcatcher..not too rube goldberg. or i use my vaporizer which is also pretty easy to use.

the advantage...my bong tastes 10 times better than a small glass bowl. a CLEAN bowl is OK, but it's still harsher than a slightly dirty bong. a freshly cleaned bong hit is just so much better than hot smoke from a little bowl. i do not like bowls :) the vape tastes at least 100 times better. you can put schwag in the vape and it tastes pretty good. amazing bud tastes PHEnomenal through it.

i think my bong could very well save me weed, but it hasn't been tested in a controlled study haha. the study i would propose would be to break up all the weed for a normal joint that you'd smoke the whole thing. then, pack it in my bong. i bet you won't finish it. or if you did, you'd be more ripped than from the same amount in a doobie.

and the vaporizer has the potential to save much more weed. and then you can use you the vaped weed for edibles - works great. also...the "resin" in your vape is more like hash oil. i throw out my bong/bowl resin (gross), but resin from the vape is golden

my bong cost 80 bucks, the ashcatcher was 30 a couple years later. like i said, the vape was ~200, but they are cheaper now (i first got mine about a year and a half ago). that's gonna buy you like an ounce of weed give or take. about a month's supply (for me probably). it's really not that much money for something that will last for several years, compared to some weed that will last a month or two. anyways, i still buy all the weed i want:daisy:

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Oh I totally appreciate the taste, convenience and cleanliness issues.
    Simplicity and convenience is why I mainly use a small pipe.
    I grew up smoking joints so for me they are always a good reliable way to judge taste and quality, but only because that is how I've mainly smoked for three decades! LOL
    Yes, joints are for outdoors use only.

I'm curious, is the quality of the high the same considering that when vaping it depends on the temp as to what chemicals you are ingesting, but when smoking it regular you ingest them all at one time.
    With that in mind and the fact that the vaped weed is still active enough for edibles, is it really lasting longer for you or am I getting all the good stuff when I smoke and so a better quality experience, albeit not as many of them?
    I really am curious, never used a vaporizer for weed, but have for oil, so is it a noticeable difference in the buzz?

Bet you could come up with some really bizarre set-ups if you incorporated some of the glassware from the lab, pork. ;)

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

The flavor of vapor starts out tasting great.. it dulls down through a session as the flavinoids have a low boiling point.. therefor they vaporize early.. The extreme Q is pretty simple.. turn it on.. let it warm up(which takes like 10min at the most)... put weed in the bowl.. connect bag to the vape.. and turn on the fan and wait for the bag to fill... figuring out temps is easy by looking at the boiling points i posted up on page 2

The high from a vape is all up to you.. if you want a more heady high.. then vape low to release Delta-8 and Delta-9.. releasing little to any CBD and CBN.. which are your sedative cannibinoids... I personally will start low and work my way up.. i feel personally this way i can get the most of each cannibinoid... I'll always finish the night kicking a vape pack.. that way i get\the sedative cannibinoids(CBN/CBD and a few other psychoactive chemicals that are sedative) and i can fall asleep better... I also find a vapor high to be more clear.. can usually think much better.. I'd say the noticeable difference between a bowl and a vape is the "throat hit".. meaning you can feel smoke hit your throat and lungs better than compared to vapor... which one can miss from time to time...

A vape is an investment though... Don't go out and be like "alright i wanna try vaping so i'm gonna buy me this $50 box vape at the local headshop".. that's like saying "i wanna try smoking but i want to smoke the cheapest cigarettes possible"... you definitely get what you pay for.. Now you don't need to go spend $500 on a volcano.. but expect to spend at least $150.. Silver Surfer(SSV), Extreme Q(at least 3 of us on this site can vouch for the EQ), Arizer Solo(nice portable vape), Da Buddha(DBV).. are all worthy vapes.. I have used a few of them... The others I have heard nothing but great things about.. Extreme Q is the only one that uses both a whip or bag system.. There's another vape called Herbal Aire that also has the same option.. Also with the Extreme Q you can connect a bong easily and do vape-bong hits!

5. porkstock41

i know the thread is pretty old, but i wanted to answer one of your questions, noxious.
    about the quality of the high from smoking vs. vaping.

even though you might leave behind a decent amount of cannabinoids in vaped weed, you also burn and destroy a decent amount when you smoke the weed. so i think that you actually get more of the goodness if your lungs with a vaporizer, b/c you don't pyrolyze the molecules.

the buzz is different, but not lesser quality IMO

6. bosnian420

bosnian420 Member

good peaces

7. porkstock41

thanks. got a new chillum at a festival a couple weekends ago. might have to post a picture of it once i clean it.