clean as a whistle (pig)

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by porkstock41, Sep 4, 2012.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i cleaned my bong and assorted glassware AND got a brand new Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer today (i had one before), so i decided to take some pictures.

here's all my shit, yo:
    [​IMG]

here's how to vape through my bong:
    [​IMG]
    it would attach to the "cyclone bowl" (with black tape on top, which would have weed in it, which would connect to the Arizer)

here's how through the ashcatcher and J-hook bubbler:
    [​IMG]
    *shout out to joker_man for recommending the 14 mm to 18 mm converter that makes vaping through my bong a possibility*

and here's a picture of our champagne flutes cuz they are ballin':
    [​IMG]

2. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I dig it. Is that a dome perc? I still don't really understand how those work.

How much did that vape run you?

3. porkstock41

yeah it's a dome perc. it's a straight narrow tube that goes up (like drinking straw sized)..into a "dome" that has slits at the bottom. so the smoke goes up, then down through the slits and water, and up the main part of the bong tube. the water gets held up by air pressure i think, but it's funny looking and not obvious why the water stays. honestly, i think it creates a bit of drag, that's not worth the tiny amount of extra filtration. with the ashcatcher, i think i'd rather have the bong without the dome perc if i could. also, it's the only part of the bong that i can't get 99% clean

you can find the arizer extreme q online for 155-160 bucks

i bought mine for 220 originally, maybe 2 years ago. then i sold it for 160 and bought a new one for ~155.
    so i guess it still cost me ~215

edit: i got a new one joker

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

wait wait.. didn't you just sell your EQ to ganj?

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

PS: i don't know how quickly you found out.. but vape-bonging can easily lead to coming close to popping a lung.. so many times had i taken hits that were way bigger than i expected and have coughed my ass off!

6. porkstock41

when i vape-bong, it doesn't feel like i'm getting a good hit. do you do it through the bag, or like the whip?
    i even packed the elbow, and ripped it through the bong. not that great. i think i like it best through the bag, no bong. but if through the bong...with the bag

7. Desos

Desos Senior Member

haha that's pretty awesome man! some serious bong-attachments lol.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i'd always do it through the whip.. elbow packs.. usually somewhere between 200-220*C... Though I would rip through weed so much faster that way.. the bag is probably better.. for one.. you can vape at a lower temp and get a lot more bags of vapor out of a small amount of weed.. also for bags.. i wouldn't do elbow packs.. i'd use the cyclone bowl

9. porkstock41

yeah for bags i don't pack in the elbow. i use the bag 90% of the time. but since i bought that converter piece, i've been ripping it out of my bong or bubbler like if it was the whip. so for those, i packed the elbow. but i didn't increase the temperature.
    i vape at ~185C, maybe move it up to 190

i think it's better to rip the bag through the bong or bubbler, than to connect the bong directly to the arizer

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

you're probably right.. my laziness and lack of patients never allowed me to use the bag with a bong :)

I need to pull my EQ back out.. I need to conserve better.. instead of smoking up my stash in 2-3 days

11. porkstock41

yeah the arizer does take a bit more effort than packing my bong and getting high in one or two quick rips. and in the past, i never noticed that much conservation of weed with the arizer - but i packed large vape bowls.

but now that i got my EQ back out (had to sell mine to know i missed it), i see that i don't need to pack a large one. i can pack what i think is a bit too little and it's more than enough. i do the bag on fan speed 1, and browse the computer while it fills. doesn't take that long. the patience that i need is waiting for the buzz i think. it takes longer to set in when vaped

12. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

i crank the Q up to like 235-240c alot of the time :p

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i will loosely filly my cyclone bowl about half full... pre-heat vape for about 10-15min at 170*C and fill a bag on spd 2 or 3.. and will get a bag of thick vapor.. will do a second bag at this temp with fan on 1.. then i move up to 180-185 and do another bag on 1 or 2.. then i go up to 200* and do another bag on 1.. then usually i can get 1 or 2 more when i crank it up to 220..

14. porkstock41

i don't understand the point of that. i guess you're trying to get the most out of your weed, but i think once you go over 200C or so, it's defeating the purpose of vaporizing.

half full seems like a lot to pack, joker.

do you do anything with your ABV bud? i just cooked with a bunch of mine and a friends, it turned out pretty good. i'm wondering if you had a bunch of vaped weed that was vaped at 220...if it would work for budder. ours had been vaped at ~190 or so

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

half? loosely packed is like .2g.. i mean half of the clear part... not including the part thats covered in the high temp plastic..

230C is when carcinogens are released... so i see no problem at stopping at 220.. that takes in for acct a 10*C variable for if the heating unit is off.. which should be plenty

i still have plenty left from my sesh yesterday.. i'll start it at 190C.. i'll get plenty ripped still.. there are more psycho-active components than just delta-9-thc

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
    Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
    Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
    Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
    Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
    Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
    Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
    Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
    Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
    Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

Δ-3-carene
    Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
    Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
    Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
    Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

β-sitosterol
    Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-α-reductase, inhibitor

16. porkstock41

still seems like half a cyclone bowl would be more than .2 g

but if you fill it loosely...yeah, it's not that much.

i knew there are other psycoactives besides THC.
    that's why i asked if you made budder with your stuff successfully, because if you vape at 220 you are getting more CBN and CBD out of the bud than i am, so my ABV bud might have more left in it and make stronger budder.

and you are obviously getting the benefit of getting the most vape outta your weed.

200 or higher is too hot for me. and i thought some carcinogens started to be released around 200C? maybe not. and if so....do they get extracted into the butter along with all of the other goodies? or do they only occur when the plant is burned?

17. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

This is what is left of after being vaped for 4 full bags(3 seshes.. visible vapor each time.. 170-190-200-220)... i guess i over estimated the amount of bud i use at a time..

[​IMG]

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i made some qwiso once with ABV.. it was alright.. got the job done.. i'm usually more interested in being able to get the best bang out of my buck and im also more interested in the oil build up in the elbow piece, mouth piece, and tubing to care too much about the ABV.. the errl is where it's at.. yum.. but don't get me wrong.. i collect my ABV

This whole talk of you and ganja using your EQs got me back on the vapor trails again... i don't know why i put it away... think i appreciate it more now that i've been a non-smoker for 6mo.. back when i smoked.. i was in it for the throat hit as much as i was the high.. so i smoked pipes and bongs more often than i used the vape... now im just interested in the high and the conservation

19. porkstock41

do you have the regular sized bags?

i usually pack as much as you in the pic or a little more, and get ~3 regular bags out of it. or i used to pack a little more and get two or 3 turkey bags out of it. one sesh. if i come back to it, it seems to be vaped out

i ramped it up last night to 190, then 200
    got TOO hot for my liking

what do you do with the oil? smoke it or vape it again?
    i've always rubbed it on a nice little nug and bonged it

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I don't know, never saw the attraction for multi-pieced rube-goldbergesque contraptions for simply smoking weed.
    I use an old school pipe, papers, and a simple glass oil pipe.

I do think they are cool and all, but I also think about how much weed I can get by spending $10 on a smoking device and the other $250+ on stuff to put in the smoking device. :p