Tramadol

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by lisakc, Nov 15, 2004.

1. lisakc

lisakc Member

Hey,

Does anyone know what Tramadol (Ultram) is and does it have any recreational value? I googled it and read this:

Cases of abuse and dependence on ULTRAM have been reported. ULTRAM should not be used in opioid-dependent patients. Since ULTRAM can reinitiate physical dependence, it is not recommended for patients with a tendency to drug abuse, a history of drug dependence, or chronically using opioids.

So what exactly is it??? (And I guess I'm asking, is it any good).

Lisakc

2. Primus

Primus Member

Pain relief. Opiate or opiod. Can't find much more than that.

3. Primus

Primus Member

If you want me to try them out, send a bottle my way, and i'll give you a full report. ;)

4. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Pain pills. I've been getting these the last few months. Personally, I like them better than most pain pills. No nausea either.:)

5. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

they make everyone i know sick as fuck, but at least they give an opiate buzz, they're really synthetic, that might have something to do with it, im not no chemist so dont dog me. but they sell em online 100 for $100

6. lisakc

lisakc Member

I checked Erowid (should of thought to do that first!) and actually they sound like they might be quite nice recreationally. I'll let you know what I think of them.

Lisakc

7. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

be very careful with these - i have heard that if you ramp up the dose looking for a "buzz" these can have much nastier side effects than more conventional narcotics...

(as in convulsions & such, mmmkay?
    utfse here... or google it...)

;)

8. KristinaBallerina

KristinaBallerina Member

I was on Ultram for severe pain, for a few years and it had no effect on me what so ever, besides making me horribly sick when ever I began taking them. My doctors did not believe me, then they finally put me on darvocet, then vicodin, and very soon that had no effect either. They are not sure what to put me on this time.

9. Marlowe Williams

Marlowe Williams Member

One of my friends had an entire bottle of these about a month ago and passed them out to whoever could grab the most. Now unlike my friends who were drunk and stoned and immediately just starting railing them and eating them like candy I decided to save like 13 and read up on them when not so drunk. By and by no one really felt them that night and the next day I ate 250mg upon awakening... after a few hours didn't feel much of anything so I ate another. As I was leaving for work several of my friends were sitting on my front porch and one of them fed me one and I left.

Now here's what sucks. I don't know if it was the adderall I take or what because when I got to work (around an hour after I had taken my adderall) I got sick as motherfucking hell. I left work and after like three-four hours I was fine to go out and drink.

I don't know.. I really think it's up to your individual bodies reaction. Out of everyone who took them one guy got pretty fucked up, two people got sick as shit, and everyone else didn't feel anything.

I think they are bullshitters personally.

Marlowe

10. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

haha this girl at work takes tramadol for her back pain and she just hands them out to who ever has a head ache or doesnt have a head ache lol. she offered me some but i said na b/c it was at work and i wouldnt have a clue what they'd do to me.

11. lisakc

lisakc Member

Hi,

For the record, I didn't really like them much. I didn't take much, just two 50 mg tablets (there is some seizure risk with taking too much) but 100 mg was enough to get a bit of a buzz. It wasn't like an opiate buzz at all though, and I don't think I'ld do 'em again.

lisakc

12. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

they are really good for withdrawal--but they have limited recreational value--although some people swear by them----but u gotta be careful if youu take about400mg u have a real o=possibility of getting seizures from them--there good for some kinds of pain but not much enjoyment in them IMO--but like i said some people love them and swear they get high on them---im not one of those and the only ones i know of i met online so who knows whats true about those peeps-iusually take about 150mg and they get rid of the pain i get in my hands after a day of construction---and if u lay down u can pretend that there getting u high

13. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

hey everyone, there seems to be a strange lack of informational posts on tramadol on this thread. it is easy enough to learn about it via google or erowid, but no one has posted good info about it on this thread except mastercylinder.

anyway, tramadol is a fully synthetic opiod-like drug that affects certain types of opiate receptors that are also affected by morphine and codeine, but also fails to affect some of the more potently sedating receptors. all that means is that it has very weak analgesic effects on most people, but also has a low rate of sedation and almost no side effects at so called "therapeutic doses" (which means like 200mgs per dose or less for acute pain and around 300mg extended release twice a day for chronic pain).

However, it has a horrible side effects profile when you use it at recreational doses. Most people need at least 500mgs per dose to feel an opiate like buzz, and around 800mgs to feel the kind of sedation one might feel from 20mgs of hydrocodone or the like.

The other thing that has not been noted here is that tramadol is legal in mexico. you can purchase it in medium quantities (50mg tablets in bottles of 50-100 pills) over the counter, and you can get huge quantities by prescription, and most pharmacies have a "physician" who works there and can "prescribe" large quantities of tramadol.

as mastercylinder noted, tramadol works great for treating opiate withdrawl, or at least, it helps to stop you from feeling the nasty side effects of withdrawl, but it does not mitigate the mental portion of withdrawl which means you have to withdraw again from tramadol.

it also can cause increase risk of seizure, especially if you take any antidepressant or herbs like valerian and st johns wart. so if you are going to take it recreationally i'd suggest doing it with a buddy who's not afraid to call 911 if you fall to the floor and start seizing. also, keep a couple ativan or valium on hand, which can help enhance the effects of the tramadol and prevent seizure.

be careful with this drug. if you can enjoy it, then by all means, have fun with it, but in my opinion it is the weakest opiate-like medication on the market and i'd rather have T-3's any day.

14. Akenes

Akenes Member

Used to love tram when all I could get otherwise was codeine. Then I realised the buzz is actually kinda gross and edgy, only nice with a valium or 2. That said, even 50-100mg would be enough to get an effect. It's quite nice for a night out underneath all your uppers and stuff, providing a gentle opiate feel under your other highs, but I don't really do it on its own any more. Always fun to pop a couple when you're on dope or whatever, but watch the nausea.

100mg of codeine used to give me a nice buzz, wouldn't scratch me now. But I'd say 100mg of tramadol has the same effect it always has had, so tolerance seems to act differently.

At the end of the day, it's a drug that can be fun. Not as good as smack, but lots better than aspirin :p

15. kiddydope-z

kiddydope-z Member

lmao, when all i have is a bunch of oc 5's or 10s.. i like to think the size of my line is actually from an 80 :cool:

16. always_sublime

always_sublime Member

trams are one of the lowest forms of pain meds. you can get. you wont have any fun on them and anybody that tells you that dont know pain pills

17. OldGrandad

OldGrandad Guest

I've been on this shit for about two years. At first it was great but then the tolerance came. I have to eat anywhere from 20 to 60 of these bastards to get a headchange and the withdrawl is a motherfucker. Worse than anything I've had to try and withdrawl from. I don't suggest getting hooked on these. Then I quit this stuff and try to get a similiar feeling from hydrocodone not the cwe route bcause I'm a dipshit redneck and well, I'll find out in the next half hr if my bloodwork shows a destroyed liver.

18. Agroman87

Agroman87 Member

I almost cried when they switched me from vicodin to tramadol, needless to say i havent called a refill for that in

19. does2

does2 Member

If anybody is in need of Tramadol, 5mg oxy's or .5mg alprazolams, let me know... I'll save my piss for a few days.

20. D3V0N

D3V0N Member

I was on tridural 300's for about a year which is the ER version of tramadol. Im on oxycodone now, and my doc says you cannot take them together. Reason being is that the tramadol will cancel out the oxycodone giving you no relief from either drug. He said something about it wiping clean the opiod receptors... I havent found anything on the 'net to back this up, but this is what my doctor claims.