Career Survey

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Withaspirit, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

Alright folks, get cracking!!!

What is your occupation for a living?

Is what you're doing the profession you would have dreamed to be in?

If not, is it in the same field?

Did you go to college?

If so did complete college or drop out?

If you dropped out, for what reason?

Is there still a small part of you that wants to go back to college and pursue what you may have once wanted?

Are you self employed or not?

Do you hate/love your job?
    How much do you earn a year?

Do you somehow feel that one day you'll be rich?

If you are self employed and on a salary of over $70,000 a year: Did you know in your gut, know that you'd make this money one day OR did you just hope for the best/get lucky after a lot of hard work?

If you are allowed to have unrealistic expectations, what would you like to be?

How much potential energy/skill/talent do you feel as if you have going to waste?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not saying here.

i never really had a dream job, i've always been pretty clueless on what i wanted to do with myself. but it is the job i eventually decided on and went to school for.

n/a

Did you go to college?
    yes

completed

n/a

Is there still a small part of you that wants to go back to college a pursue what you may have once wanted?
    there's a small part of me that wants to go back, just because i enjoy learning. but i already have the degree that corresponds to the career i want. i did go back to get it though, i originally graduated with a stupid degree that i never used.

not

i like it very much.

*slap*

i doubt it. above average maybe if i'm lucky, but rich is pretty unlikely.

If you are self employed and on a salary of over $70,000 a year: Did you know in your gut that you'd make this money one day OR did you just hope for the best/get lucky after a lot of hard work?
    n/a

retired and wealthy.

3. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

I suppose I better do it

Just dropped out so..

No

?

Did you go to college?
    Yes

Deferred for a year at moment

To going after better opportunities at think about what I want to be

Is there still a small part of you that wants to go back to college a pursue what you may have once wanted?
    Yes

Not

My part time jobs are constantly changing, haven't loved any of them tho

€3/4k

Yes

If you are self employed and on a salary of over $70,000 a year: Did you know in your gut that you'd make this money one day OR did you just hope for the best/get lucky after a lot of hard work?
    n/a

A semi famous musician with a repertoire of good songs which express who I am

4. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

Alright folks, get cracking!!!

What is your occupation for a living? Nurse Practitioner

Is what you're doing the profession you would have dreamed to be in? No.

If not, is it in the same field? No.

Did you go to college? Yes, twice.

If so did complete college or drop out? Completed x2.

Is there still a small part of you that wants to go back to college and pursue what you may have once wanted?

Are you self employed or not? Nope

Do you hate/love your job? Love
    How much do you earn a year? Ooh now that would be telling. I work for the NHS, so not a huge amount and I'm pretty sure that information is all available online

Do you somehow feel that one day you'll be rich? Nope and I don't see that as a problem.

If you are self employed and on a salary of over $70,000 a year: Did you know in your gut, know that you'd make this money one day OR did you just hope for the best/get lucky after a lot of hard work?
    na
    If you are allowed to have unrealistic expectations, what would you like to be? A farmer.

How much potential energy/skill/talent do you feel as if you have going to waste? Hmmm, I think my job makes good use of my skillset and allows me to continue training for free.

5. Omnibook

Omnibook Guest

I develop eLearning. Lots of graphic design and learner analysis, a little programming.

I wanted to be an English teacher. I guess I teach! Sort of...

It is a bit of a stretch.

Did you go to college?
    Yup! Went to a huge state school.

Completed my degree. College was a lot more interesting than High School (for me at least).

N/A

I still want to go back to college. I want to own my own business one day (Not sure doing what lol).

I wish! One day...

It is an interesting job, but really stressful. I do contract work so I have to move between positions at big companies all the time. Never really get to build a network of friends.

I make enough to live on without too many complaints. Less if I take a vacation, more if I work overtime (yuck...)

Nope, but I think that one day I will be able to retire (or at least I hope so!)

N/A

I guess it would be to invent something really innovative.

How much potential energy/skill/talent do you feel as if you have going to waste?
    I feel like I am pushed to my limit talent/skill/energy wise.