Best Career?

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Withaspirit, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

I'd like to be an entrepreneur or a musician. I'd like to be an entrepreneur to fund myself to be a musician. If I failed at being a musician, I could just stay as an entrepreneur. If you are street smart, good at spotting opportunities & good at anticipating, then you shouldn't need a college degree to get rich. Generally speaking, a college degree is a safe way to having a reasonable amount of money. Also, if you do have a college degree, doesn't this mean you are restricted in what you want to do. I'm going take a year out to see where things take me. I'll work part-time, start trading more in the stock market, read a lot of news papers, practice music, etc. I feel as though I can't explore my potential because I'm constantly interupted with college work that I feel no passion for. It doesn't feel right.. maybe for the rest of my class because they are sheep I want to at least try and fail, so that I'll know.. because there is so many things that one can be as an entrepreneur. If all of the above doesn't work out I am considering becoming a doctor? So I ask you: is being a medical doctor the safest way to

A) becoming rich(yeah, I know dentist.. boring!!)
    B) getting attention and being taken seriously without having to constantly make an effort
    C) attracting the women

Yes, I know if you are a doctor, you won't be a rock star or a movie star, but they say the best way to being happy is not to hope for too much happiness. Let me know your exact thoughts on opportunity lose here. Thanks

2. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

Being a doctor would be the safest way of helping people live their life comfortably..

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

fucking christ, how many times am i going to reply to this thread?

4. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

I don't like your tone undies. The more places I post the more replies

5. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

And what do u plan on becoming??

6. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

7. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

As you get older you relize money isnt everything ,

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Accounting/financial advising, brokerage, daytrading <= no glass ceiling

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's not really true. most people here just search "new posts." it's not like there's many people who just hang out in higher ed, or the whiners, etc. posting the same thread repeatedly is against the forum guidelines and often results in thread deletion and/or banning.

i mean, yes, technically you get more replies this way. the replies just tend to get more sarcastic and less helpful as the same people keep replying to the same thing.

10. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Pot taster & grader. Been there did that. Paid well & fringe bennies were great!

11. LivinAFantasy

LivinAFantasy Member

Having lots of money doesn't mean automatic happiness and women,etc. Rich people kill themselves all the time, or end up in rehab, or other dire straits. I was in the Navy for 12 years, and I bet I had sex with more women during that time than most guys will in their entire lifetimes, so money isn't the answer to sex and beautiful women, unless you are into spending lots of your money on the type of women that will have sex with you just because you are rich. There are beautiful women everywhere, even in the poorest communities around. My advice would be to do what makes you happy as long as it allows you a decent living. Nothing worse than having to get up everyday and go to a job you hate. Ask around, ask people you know that have been places and done things in their life. Make yourself a list of questions to ask them.

Also, not all doctors are well-off. Insurance rates hurt some of them to the point they may as well be making 40-50,000 per year, or less. One mistake can ruin your life. Lots of pitfalls for many occupations that pay well.

Do your research, then make a well informed choice and don't turn back.

12. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Was a sailer & outlaw biker. Had more hot babes as a biker, weed tasting and grading out did both.