My Solution to Violence.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Searching4ASoul

Searching4ASoul Member

The medicine has already meen created by accident over 100 years ago. It's called ecstacy (3,4-MethyleneDioxy-N-MethylAmphetamine, MDMA). Today, we have variants such as MDEA(3,4-MethyleneDioxy-N-EthylAmphetamine), MDA(3,4-MethyleneDioxyAmphetamine), MDPH(3,4-MethyleneDioxyPHentermine), ect. There's a reason it's at it's highest scheduling. It's because the systems of the world run on fear, danger and violence. For the system, it's not convenient to significantly reduce violence.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

for which reason the existing "system" destabilizes itself.
    it is dependent upon this assumption about a so called "human nature", which is essentially false.

3. falconer

falconer Member

I just watched Equilibrium yesterday. What a coincidence ...

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to which i believe the equitable solution would be to put something in the water or air that would lower human fertility statistically, without bias or exception. this would lower the birthrate without being selective on any bias of ethnicity nor involve telling anyone not to have sex or kids, but would still lower the number of children actually being born and thus avoid the fate of nature doing it for us with famine and disease.

which WILL happen, if we don't.

5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Violence, sadly is within the Genes (meThinks) - though it may skip Generations - it can be a degree of patience before subconcious re-action strikes

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the reason i doubt this, is because there is so much vested interest in having people believe it.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

also, if this were true, the rest of the universe, would have no other choice, then to permit the human species to destroy itself, for its own protection.

it is only to seek alternatives to this otherwise neccessity, that i had myself born here, on your world, in your form, these six and a half decades ago.

so if you want to condemn you species, that is your privalege, but it is my sincerest hope and dream, that you would choose otherwise.

8. falconer

falconer Member

Violence comes in many forms, and these forms are found throughout the animal kingdom. To deny that, and place violence solely in the hands of humanity is simple ignorance, and it shows a lack of understanding of the world. Violence in one form or another has always been the way of ensuring survival.

This "solution" would just dope the masses. Thats never an acceptable option.

9. NextEvolution

NextEvolution Member

The amount of ignorance on this thread is appalling. Violence is a means to an end just like debate. It has it's proper time like if someone was stealing from your store. There will also never be a way to stamp violence out because it is a choice. People have free will how to act... we're not genetically or chemically programmed like a bug.

And to the idea that the Earth is over-populated... we've heard this all decades before and it's as wrong now as it was proven wrong then.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

dream on. when you can claim economics is in conflict with environment, you've just defined overpopulation and confirmed it.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's no reason for those that are violent to stop being violent. It pays. From the lowest level to the highest level. From the lowest-yeah, I watch rasslin--what's it to ya'? You bumped into me, now I'm gonna kick your ass. From the highest--High falutin' ideas on why war is proper,inevitable and that it's right and just to send taxpayer money to dozens of countries, to arm those countries/factions that will fascillitate and hopefully guarantee world corporations continued exploitation of resources and if you don't like it--tough shit. Fuckin' commie.

In order to eliminate the manifestations most associated with violence, there would have to be a consensus of those with the ability and desire to do so and it would have to start with the agreement that humanity would be better off if violence was eliminated. Back to ---IT PAYS. So, forget it.

12. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

People, crowds, masses crammed together, no one cares about each other anymore; its all about me today= violent society

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

many people act as if this lie were true, because they are very good at convincing themselves and each other of it. it is still just as much a lie though.

as for the future, this lie will consume and distroy itself, loosing all appeal to the survivors in the process.

there are numerous examples throughout history illustrating just how much of a lie it really is. no matter how much some 'historians', motivated by various combinations of nationalism and 'religious' fanatacism, may try to redact all evidence of this being the case.

14. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Violent offenders , rapists, child molesters , serial killers etc. need to be deported to 3rd world islamic nations. Such barbarian and mysoginistic behavior seems to be not only tolerated but encouraged in these backward lands. Just think , ariel castro and the like would be soooooo much more comfortable in iran.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Themnax---That was just my opinion. You can call it a lie if you want, but that's how I see it.

16. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

War is one thing, but when it comes to civil violence, people just need an outlet for these energies. Go to a boxing gym or something. When a bully actually gets punched in the face by someone who knows how to do it well, they gain a little bit of respect for violence.

We're too distanced from violent pain these days so the violence escapes through ranged weapons, because people are too chickenshit to fight or wrestle empty handed.

I think most people who fire guns at others are cowards at heart.

17. Coleco

Coleco Member

I dont want anyone to take away my free will to become agressive. Fuck that. Violence is just naturally part of the world. Every living being uses aggression to their advantage when they need it. Im not saying that we all need to be a bunch of muscleheads that kick the shit out of everyone for just saying something that pisses you off. Thinking, being reasonable, and controlling aggression is definitely important. But hey, I never know when my natural survival instincts could come in handy.
    Aggression and instinct is the key to survival. If we didn't have them we would quickly die out. And to be honest, pain and suffering contribute to the motive for survival as well. We may always feel like pain is pretty worthless most of the time, but its actually quite important. Sometimes it doesnt really do us any good, but if someone or something is trying to cause you harm, the pain gets you fired up and ready to do whatever it takes to preserve your own life.

18. Coleco

Coleco Member

Im 100% with you when it comes to guns. It pisses me off when you get people who want to settle everything with a gun. Im not against the right to bear arms, if every other criminal has a gun im definitely going to carry one as well. But it sucks that that is what we have to settle differences. Rather settle it man to man.

19. Slunted

Slunted 'long time listener, first time caller'

Its an instinct.... Fight or flight.. some are more aggressive than others. Drugs isn't a good idea.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all "instincts" are LEARNED behaviors. in ALL species.
    the only biological imperative is to look for a tit when you're born.

this idea of a violent gene was invented when agricultural societies began looking for a way to claim hierarchy necessary.

if you want a real solution, you'll find that in cultural values, and those begin with story telling.
    this whole idea that humans can only ever fuck themselves, began the same way.

just make stories that effect people emotionally that remind them that goodness and the desire to be feared are absolute binary opposites, instead of religions and ideologies that make excuses that deny this and encourage instead the hatred of logic.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Slunted likes this.