My Solution to Violence.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

For the past 10 years (or more), I have been sharing a theory of mine with others. It involves human aggression or violence. I believe it may be treatable some day--as treatable as, say, diabetes or curable cancers are today. Consider what follows an open letter to anyone who is interested:

Well, what do you all think of my theory? I think if found, this (hypothetical) medicine may really make a difference some day.

:sunny:

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Yeah, lets just drug everyone...
    Maybe start adding it to water...

You should have this medicine first and then think about the name.

Let me fix that message of yours.
    You know what? Let me tell you about my idea of how to cure cancer with a special medicine.

This would be very nice medicine, because it would solve the problem permamently without any negative effects. It would go into your body and kill the cancer cells.

You know what? We are developing more in nanoscience so it might be possibile soon.

I have though about great name for it. Nanoassimilatrix.

At first we will give it to people for free, but then we will make hundrets millions of dollars on it.

I have just solved a big problem.

(Sorry, I just had to)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They used to do knitting needle lobotomies on criminally violent people... In the same time period we did the same to mentally retarded children.

We've come a long way since then, eh?

4. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Violence isnt a disease. It can't be cured, only 'drowned out'. So you wouldn't be solving a problem, you would just be hiding it away and prolonging it... Possibly creating more problems.

What happens if this 'medicine' has side effects? What happens when their dose is up or would the tax payers be funding it? What if its addictive? Then you create a group of angry, violent addicts....

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Sounds like the type of stuff you would get if you asked a class of kindergarten kids about how to make the world better or some shit.
    Very naive and juvenile ideas, you sure your age is correct?

6. MattB

MattB Member

Stupid theory, violence is a social condition, not a medical one.

Example: I know a guy who has sold crack his whole life. When he was 15, he was shot 5 times for selling on someone elses corner. Hes now 21, always carries a pistol, and claims that when anyone beefs with him he'll "bust on a nigga quick" because he legitimately fears for his life. Medicine wont help, poverty and drug addiction are the problems behind it, i.e. social conditions

7. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Have you seen ''A Clockwork Orange'' ?

That being said, my solution to violence is to kill everyone on earth.

In Da FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You know what? I think I know that guy. :2thumbsup:

9. lode

lode Banned

You could probably just castrate 90% of boys about the age of 11, and you would have a much more docile society. Not a great solution, but probably about as bad as drugging people.

Although I do think there's probably a neurological basis for a lot of what we'd call evil.

10. Shivaya

I HAVE AN IDEA.

What if we put fluoride in the drinking water? Perhaps that could work?

11. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

We'd only have to kill men within the 20 to 50 yr. old age range.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not fluoride, but human anti-fertility hormones.

the problem, and its solution, is not political, economic, ideological or religious, but cultural. romantacize and reward aggressiveness and OF COURSE violence will increase. this is no brainer obvious that is what needs to be reversed.

13. thatblindguy

thatblindguy Member

Don't we already have drugs meant to calm aggressive people (benzodiazapines and antipsychotics)?

14. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

15. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Well one part of this theory has already been studied and backed up for many, many years. There have been a few studies of criminals, usually violent criminals on death row and their biology. There are a few things they have found in common(don't quote me I don't remember everything but studied this some years ago in training)...one thing that was found often is that in the first years and often in the very first year of a human's life, a lack of nurturing, bonding, oxytocin release contributed to a life of not feeling connected to people, apathy and obviously a violent disposition and violently criminal actions in adolescence and/or adulthood.

Often these people on death row didn't have a mother, or their mothers were very sick, on drugs, criminals themselves, had a mental health issue, or something of that nature. Also most were not breastfed or were breastfed for short periods of time which would decrease the amount of oxytocin "received" through nursing.

I would read these two articles: http://thebabybond.com/BondingMatters.html
    http://www.oxytocin.org/cuddle-hormone/

The second talks about why administering medical-grade oxytocin is probably not a good idea.

16. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

17. dmob12

dmob12 Member

Sometimes people just need to be smacked around a little bit.

18. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgEHAKcG9k"]The Ludovico Transformer Treatment - YouTube

19. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Yes. More drugs. That is exactly what we need.

Not

Poke Smot

20. Shivaya

Antipsychotics actually make some people extremely agressive and irritable.