So, You Crunchy Huh?

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by FlowerMama, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You have my respect....:)

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ended up permanently deleting my facebook.... i'm obviously surviving without it. feels liberating....

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oh, and forgot to mention... DO NOT watch or own tv....

4. Little Norweigan Heart

Little Norweigan Heart Members

5. Little Norweigan Heart

Little Norweigan Heart Members

Hi, I'm a crunchy sort of girl surrounded by (what's the opposite of crunchy?) people that love the system. I get a lot of grief from people for my natural living choices, naturopaths, Accupuncture, Bowen therapy, grow my own herbs, I've made one tincture so far. People call me a hippie or think I'm mad but I'm so much more healthy and awake so I don't worry too much. I'm having my first baby in about 12 weeks. I'm having a natural home birth with my husband and Doula. I found a nice co sleeping bassinet called a bed nest. It attaches to the side of your bed and the baby stays next to you but with his/her own space also. I haven't found a baby carry wrap that I'm in love with yet. It's hot where I am so I was looking at the mesh design. It's a swim wrap but you could use it anytime. It's nice to hear about some other crunchy people. I didn't know what that term meant before.

6. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I never heard the term "crunchy" my friends said I was a hippie mama. I wore both my babies in a sling, nursed them both and went with baby-led weaning. One was 2, the other was...almost 4. They never had a bottle, or formula. And we had a bassinet right up against the bed.

I have always used natural herbs and tinctures for treating my kids and we ate good, real food. I remember my kids coming home from a birthday party and they had Kool Aid...they had never had that or even heard of it before.

We had a tv, but no cable until they were older, one shared computer and no pagers/phones until they were teens.

1 person likes this.
  7. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

Bump.. Where the crunchy people at in El Paso, Texas

I live with three cavemen and need some emotional support. :/

We were only supposed to be here a few months but it looks like we'll be here longer and I'm pining for the woods and some people!