Chick-Fil-A sucks!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Karen_J, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They are separate entities.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I agree. Like I said, I see him as a "Pious asshole". "Sanctimonious asshole" would also apply, IMO.

3. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

I've read all these posts and I can't help thinking that just maybe this fella has a guilty secret. If he bans gay people from his outlets there's less chance of a random encounter he had at the Blue Oyster Club walking in and saying "Oooh-I didn't recognise you without the leather!"

There's an old saying-'The frightened dog barks the loudest'.

4. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I have to agree with this. He has the right to express his views just like the rest of us do.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yes, but he does more than just talk. Some small percentage of every dollar you spend there goes to support ultra-conservative causes. And now that he has told us about it, we are morally responsible for what we do with that information.

Mike Huckabee has a right to his opinion too, but it's a bastardization of journalism when he intervenes in a story and gives Fox News a bigger controversy to report on. He was the one who made this into a huge national story. I can't believe how few people are calling him out on his role in all this.

6. TAZER-69

I do not eat there so my money does not support his cause. Anyone can protest against him and his views by either eating there or not. If we buy at Wal Mart we are basically supporting China. We keep Americans in jobs here but most of the stuff comes from China. China's view on citizens rights are not what they should be either. Yet we don't line up and protest Wal Mart.

I think anyone should be able to marry anyone they choose without any kind of repercussions. Unless it is you cousin-sister-brother ect.

7. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

"Yet we don't line up and protest Wal Mart. "

Umh. Yes we do.

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I have plenty of issues with China, and with our trade policies in general, but that's a topic for another day and another thread. ;)

Nobody can protest every problem on the planet. We have to choose our battles.

9. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

I love Chic-Fil-A food, they can hate who they want to hate.

10. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. TAZER-69

Agreed.

12. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

If it was just what the CEO said it be one thing but the fact that so many people have rallied behind him and a flocking to the place to support what he said makes me ne'er want to eat there just like the civil rights movement makes me never want to go to mississippi I don't like bigots and I avoid the places the frequent

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. dark suger

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

:smilielol5:..

16. saltlight

saltlight Guest

Well if you think about it, he has a right to voice his opinion and support the groups he believes in. I sincerely don't believe he hates anyone. I agree with his opinion and yet have several Gay friends and family members that I Love just the same.

As far as not supporting the business or its charities. I would say at best he gives 10% to charities and if you chicken sandwhich makes up 1/1000 of a penny that you dont want to go to charities then I dont think anyone really minds you voicing your opinion with your wallet.

I think the majority of support has been for him to have a right to free speech.

17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I can't believe I found a way to get Hip Forums people to say something positive about a corporate CEO! :smilielol5:

I didn't think it could be done.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

didnt read all the comments but im thinking this is genius marketing if he has a fast food chicken chain that caters to the gays. he can get them both buying chicken as a boycott/protest against the other and sell more chicken with the free publicity from such an environment.

19. dark suger

I'm sorry but no u don't love them let's not pretend. If u loved them u would want them to be happy and to have the same rights as everyone else but u don't so you don't. The thing about free speech is what bigots always hide behind but it's not him exercising his right to free speech it's him abusing it. Things like this hurt other people and I don't care what rights you have that's never ok.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Did I mention the freedom of speech?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.