#62 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,272 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:36 AM

While a change in the law would benefit gay couples greatly, it costs straight people nothing, so there is no legitimate reason for us to oppose it.

When someone wants to make others miserable while gaining no benefit for themselves or one's family, that's just being an asshole.

I agree. Like I said, I see him as a "Pious asshole". "Sanctimonious asshole" would also apply, IMO.

#63 puggybear

puggybear

• PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • LocationIn search of the Lost Chord

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:43 AM

I've read all these posts and I can't help thinking that just maybe this fella has a guilty secret. If he bans gay people from his outlets there's less chance of a random encounter he had at the Blue Oyster Club walking in and saying "Oooh-I didn't recognise you without the leather!"

There's an old saying-'The frightened dog barks the loudest'.

#64 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:45 AM

It's my understanding that the CEO never "took a stand against homosexuality." He simply expressed his PERSONAL opinion on gay marraige. It has nothing to do with the resteraunt. It's everyone else who is turning this thing into a conspiracy. It's stupid. Whether you like his beliefs or not he still has a right to express them. To try and ban the resteraunt because you don't like the way the owner sees the world is complete bullshit.

I was talking about this a couple days ago, and one of the people in the discussion was a homosexual black male.....this is what he said: "I ate Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. I may be gay but I'm still black and I love my fuckin Chicken!"

Anyone ever hear of the phrase "free speech?"

I have to agree with this. He has the right to express his views just like the rest of us do.
For the most part we can't decide how we die,
But we can decide how we live.

#65 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts
  • Locationthe unmentionable state

Posted August 06 2012 - 10:10 AM

He has the right to express his views just like the rest of us do.

Yes, but he does more than just talk. Some small percentage of every dollar you spend there goes to support ultra-conservative causes. And now that he has told us about it, we are morally responsible for what we do with that information.

Mike Huckabee has a right to his opinion too, but it's a bastardization of journalism when he intervenes in a story and gives Fox News a bigger controversy to report on. He was the one who made this into a huge national story. I can't believe how few people are calling him out on his role in all this.

#66 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yes, but he does more than just talk. Some small percentage of every dollar you spend there goes to support ultra-conservative causes. And now that he has told us about it, we are morally responsible for what we do with that information.

Mike Huckabee has a right to his opinion too, but it's a bastardization of journalism when he intervenes in a story and gives Fox News a bigger controversy to report on. He was the one who made this into a huge national story. I can't believe how few people are calling him out on his role in all this.

I do not eat there so my money does not support his cause. Anyone can protest against him and his views by either eating there or not. If we buy at Wal Mart we are basically supporting China. We keep Americans in jobs here but most of the stuff comes from China. China's view on citizens rights are not what they should be either. Yet we don't line up and protest Wal Mart.

I think anyone should be able to marry anyone they choose without any kind of repercussions. Unless it is you cousin-sister-brother ect.

#67 Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus

Master of Funk and Evil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 11:10 AM

"Yet we don't line up and protest Wal Mart. "

Umh. Yes we do.
http://t1.gstatic.co...EkdIUXphLC3F7UQ
"Now we're cooking with Evil gas!"

#68 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 11:11 AM

China's view on citizens rights are not what they should be either. Yet we don't line up and protest Wal Mart.

I have plenty of issues with China, and with our trade policies in general, but that's a topic for another day and another thread. ;)

Nobody can protest every problem on the planet. We have to choose our battles.

#69 Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle

Minister of propaganda

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 11:14 AM

I love Chic-Fil-A food, they can hate who they want to hate.
The maestro says it's Mozart, but it sounds like bubblegum.

"The rabbi gets the salary, and the mohel gets the tips."

#70 StpLSD25

StpLSD25

• PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image
  • Logan 5 likes this

"It's Dangerous to be Right, When Your Government is Wrong!"
Posted Image

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion"-Albert Camus-

#71 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 11:30 AM

I have plenty of issues with China, and with our trade policies in general, but that's a topic for another day and another thread. ;)

Nobody can protest every problem on the planet. We have to choose our battles.

Agreed.

#72 dark suger

dark suger

Dripping With Sin!

• PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:18 PM

If it was just what the CEO said it be one thing but the fact that so many people have rallied behind him and a flocking to the place to support what he said makes me ne'er want to eat there just like the civil rights movement makes me never want to go to mississippi I don't like bigots and I avoid the places the frequent

Delicious

#73 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,876 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:21 PM

cuntomer appreciation day, they ran outa cocks.. http://www.foxnews.c...-have-imagined/
gallery_104050_1936_34168.jpg

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

#74 dark suger

dark suger

Dripping With Sin!

• PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:22 PM

cuntomer appreciation day, they ran outa cocks.. http://www.foxnews.c...-have-imagined/

That's like my worst nightmare lol

Delicious

#75 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,876 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted August 06 2012 - 05:28 PM

:smilielol5:..
gallery_104050_1936_34168.jpg

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

#76 saltlight

saltlight

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well if you think about it, he has a right to voice his opinion and support the groups he believes in. I sincerely don't believe he hates anyone. I agree with his opinion and yet have several Gay friends and family members that I Love just the same.

As far as not supporting the business or its charities. I would say at best he gives 10% to charities and if you chicken sandwhich makes up 1/1000 of a penny that you dont want to go to charities then I dont think anyone really minds you voicing your opinion with your wallet.

I think the majority of support has been for him to have a right to free speech.

#77 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 01:49 PM

I can't believe I found a way to get Hip Forums people to say something positive about a corporate CEO! :smilielol5:

I didn't think it could be done.
Life is short. Try to spend most of it on the good stuff.

#78 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,530 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 01:53 PM

didnt read all the comments but im thinking this is genius marketing if he has a fast food chicken chain that caters to the gays. he can get them both buying chicken as a boycott/protest against the other and sell more chicken with the free publicity from such an environment.

#79 dark suger

dark suger

Dripping With Sin!

• PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:21 PM

Well if you think about it, he has a right to voice his opinion and support the groups he believes in. I sincerely don't believe he hates anyone. I agree with his opinion and yet have several Gay friends and family members that I Love just the same.

As far as not supporting the business or its charities. I would say at best he gives 10% to charities and if you chicken sandwhich makes up 1/1000 of a penny that you dont want to go to charities then I dont think anyone really minds you voicing your opinion with your wallet.

I think the majority of support has been for him to have a right to free speech.

I'm sorry but no u don't love them let's not pretend. If u loved them u would want them to be happy and to have the same rights as everyone else but u don't so you don't. The thing about free speech is what bigots always hide behind but it's not him exercising his right to free speech it's him abusing it. Things like this hurt other people and I don't care what rights you have that's never ok.

Delicious

#80 StpLSD25

StpLSD25

• PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:28 PM

Did I mention the freedom of speech?
  • Logan 5 likes this

Posted Image

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion"-Albert Camus-

#81 dark suger

dark suger

Dripping With Sin!

• PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:29 PM

Lol I dunno did u

Delicious

#82 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 04:43 PM

Did I mention the freedom of speech?

What does that have to do with this thread topic? The First Amendment says nothing about protecting anyone from non-governmental criticism, unfavorable media coverage, protests, boycotts, etc. Anyone who brings up a controversial subject is fair game.

#83 StpLSD25

StpLSD25

• PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I mean fair game. But he had every right to say it. Just as you have every right to disagree.
  • Logan 5 likes this

Posted Image

#84 'toes

'toes

what will be, will be

• PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yes, more than once.

He also strongly implied that he would not promote someone into upper management who got divorced and remarried (straight). That policy is illegal. You can't run a company like a religious organization. They're not the same thing.

I have read through this thread and its not that he doesn't support gay marriage that would make me stop going there... Whats in bold is probably if anything would make me stop going.. Its not like i really go there much anyway.. Thats just not right and now those kinds of things should not be mixed with business.. He doesn't know the situation or anything that may have happened that husband or wife could have been abusive or not faithful.. anything... If someone is going to do something like that they just shouldn't be in charge of a business.. that can be filed as discrimination still... am i right? and the organizations that money goes too i probably wouldn't agree with any of them and that can possibly stop me from going there also i would have to look at them.

And Karen J i must say you have made some really good points throughout this thread.. and i understand you have the right to disagree with this guy just like he has the right to disagree with gay marriage but at the same time i think protests and graffiti is a bit too much over a fast food restaurant...
I work at the childrens place in the mall so i am in the mall often and we do have a chick fil a restaurant there and they keep security gaurds at that location all of the hours of the mall...... should a fast food restaurant really have to be gaurded? Like seriously? I guess only in America huh.... americans sure do take their fast food seriously. Like just the other day i was on the bus to work and this little 'ol man was like im boycotting chick fil a!! Just shouting about it on the bus.. is that REALLY necessary?

dbb14f65-44a0-43f2-83d8-5073bd076744_zps

#85 eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid

Creep in a T-Shirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 10:14 AM

whoops
Spread Love

We are talking about that which transcends and supersedes language.

Everybody's you.

#86 Flaming Liberal

Flaming Liberal

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

#87 dark suger

dark suger

Dripping With Sin!

• PipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 02:28 PM

Lmao ^

Delicious

#88 puggybear

puggybear

• PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • LocationIn search of the Lost Chord

Posted August 08 2012 - 03:02 PM

Dear Science;

While you were fucking about discovering how to reach escape velocity,I was ALREADY the Roman God of War.
I have a planet named after me,squire!
I was previously known as Tiu,Tyr,and Martis,but 'a rose by any other name',eh?

Stitch that.

Hope you're well; Mars.

#89 GardenGuy

GardenGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 03:05 PM

Boycotting the entire sandwich is a bit extreme.
I might boycott the pickles on alternate Wednesdays.
You are not alone in the woods. Tludatsi is watching.

#90 eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid

Creep in a T-Shirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted August 08 2012 - 03:22 PM

Dear Science;

While you were fucking about discovering how to reach escape velocity,I was ALREADY the Roman God of War.
I have a planet named after me,squire!
I was previously known as Tiu,Tyr,and Martis,but 'a rose by any other name',eh?

Stitch that.

Hope you're well; Mars.

Lol-o'clock.
Spread Love

We are talking about that which transcends and supersedes language.

Everybody's you.