Meditation for beginners?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by MissNinaLouise, Jul 23, 2012.

1. FelictyS

FelictyS Members

I'm still pretty new to meditation but can't recommend it enough. I found it difficult at the beginning when I wasn't seeing results but I'm so glad I stuck with it :daisy:

2. Rivehn

Rivehn Member

I started meditating a month or so ago. Anxiety just up and leaves right away. Beautiful experience.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

All of these tips are great. I recommend guided meditations to help you get started, you feel the benefits right away and someone is talking you through it. it's even useful if you stopped and are getting back into it, or you are going through some really tough times and need extra help clearing your mind.
    Also remember, you can meditate a lot of different ways, walking meditations, sitting, etc. you just need to be able to reach that one point

2 people like this.
  4. bumpy52

bumpy52 Members

My suggestion is to sit upright, not laying down. When laying down some people tend to go more into a sleep/dream state, and possibly get into second-physical/astral plane stuff that really doesn't get you anywhere.

Sitting upright may help you stay focused a bit better.

YMMV

Piobaire and Sunflower1 like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I focus on inhaling the world into me, and exhaling myself out into the world.

1 person likes this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The best possible suggestion which I can offer to you is to join a local Buddhist sangha with a reasonably qualified teacher. There is absolutely nothing in books or on the Internet which could possibly help you more.
    In the unfortunate event that joining a sangha is simply not logistically possible, this is how I was taught:

And this was the instruction manual:
    https://sanfranciscozencenter.blob.core.windows.net/assets/21_Fukanzazengi.pdf

7. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

need to try this soon

8. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

I really need to make meditation a regular practice

loveslovely and Piobaire like this.
  9. Rotten Willie

Rotten Willie Members

Anybody else have a good instructional vid for beginners or maybe a favorite guided mediation? Need some good ones to introduce the practice to a newbie.

10. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

Generally, many paths, from different religions, all use the same form for beginners.

The Zen people refer to it as “Just Sitting Meditation” and you can look up articles on that.

The idea is very simple, but very powerful.

You just get up early in the morning and sit in a chair.

Don’t worry about some perfect meditation posture. Don’t worry about breathing techniques or mantras or what you are thinking or not thinking.

Just sit there. Just consider it “your time.”

And do nothing else. Just return to that seat early in the morning, about the same time every day.

If you just do that for a few months, slowly, your own soul will come forward and teach you how to meditate.

5 minutes per session is enough. If you feel like more you can extend it to 15 minutes.

In this way you avoid the complications of endless ideas, endlessly confusing us as to what is best.

Essentially, it is really not different than going for a nice hike in nature. Just taking time to be with yourself in quiet. That is a real meditation. Really getting in touch with yourself.

By doing less, we uncomplicate our complicated mind.

Then after doing that for a few months, we can just decide to continue with that practice, or if we want to try some other form, we can.

But for many folks, this “Just Sitting” Meditation is the best way to begin a meditation practice.

And some folks continue with this "simple" practice getting deeper and deeper into meditation and use it to go as deep into meditation as any other form.

11. WhiteDandelion

WhiteDandelion Members

There are many types of meditation, but all them we can classified in two group: Ego meditation and non-Ego meditation

Ego-meditations require control of breathing, body position, concentration, visualization, erasure of thoughts (?) and the like. This type of activity activates the Ego as much as possible and develops magical elements of consciousness.

Non-Ego meditations are receptive meditations and are based on renewing connection with the meditator's Soul, during which the Ego is passive. During these meditations, the Soul of the meditator affects his consciousness and energy system in a healing-developmental way.

12. WhiteDandelion

WhiteDandelion Members

Very important... In the sixteenth century, the Catholic Church and England occupied India and in a broader sense (Portugal, France...) most of the countries in the Asian region. Considering that the Roman Empire did not collapse, but deliberately transformed its power and ability to rule the world through the Christian Church, during the occupation of any country, they first overtaken the local religion of the people they occupied and made their own, crypto-Catholic caste of priests and monks from the local population, in some religions and nuns. Thus, by controlling religions in a certain country-the people, the Catholic Church and the English royal family have ruled the world for centuries.

This means that all religions in the world are under their secret control, with the exception (as far as we know) of Chinese Taoist-Buddhists.

When Elena Petrovna Blavatsky appeared at the beginning of the 20th century with the Mahatmas' messages to humanity, she was perceived by Catholics and the English as an agent of Russian military intelligence with the task of destroying the reputation and influence of the Catholic Church, that's how they experienced her. To prevent this, they sent her to the US-colony and married her to colonel Olcott from the US Military Intelligence Service. You know the sequel.

Realizing that its exclusivity regarding "spiritual teachings" was publicly questioned, the Catholic Church began importing spiritual teachers from the East, primarily from India, and then from other Asian countries, all but one were crypto-Catholics. This means that they publicly posed as Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists... but secretly worked as agents of the Catholic Church, which is the most powerful intelligence and subversive organization in the world.

The first "spiritual teacher" who was brought to the West with the task of fooling spiritual seekers was agent Krishnamutri, other agents-spiritual teachers began to arrive after him, and all but one were sent to the US-colony. From there, they spread their counter-developing teachings all over the world, polluting the minds of spiritual seekers with techniques that activate the Ego 100%, which means that under no circumstances can progress develop in the meditator's consciousness. These techniques are well known to everyone: control of body position, control of breathing, control of thoughts, visualization, concentration, erasing thoughts... and the like. Since this was the only source of techniques for the development of spiritual consciousness, millions of spiritual seekers around the world wasted their lives trying to achieve something that contradicts the nature of human consciousness and the process of developing spiritual consciousness.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I'm no fan of the Catholic Church or colonialism, English or otherwise, but I'd like to point out that England hasn't been Catholic since 1531.
    Where the heck did you copy-and-paste that nonsensical non sequitur from?

14. WhiteDandelion

WhiteDandelion Members

The installation of software for demonizing, fooling and controlling certain peoples took place individually: in Russia and in most Slavic nations this process was carried out in the ninth century, in England in the fifteenth century, in other countries thereafter. What is common to all believers of Christian sects is that it is Italian frevere software, that they update and maintain it, and as such, the Italians, with the help of the English, control all users of the "Christianity 1.0" software.

Other software, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, and other religions, have been taken over and brought under control as described in the previous post, bringing the control of the human species to perfection, with the aim to prevent the human species from developing consciousness and permanently keep it at the physical-emotional level of consciousness: Time is 11:59

15. Stan Natliano

Stan Natliano Newbie