beer is my drug of choice. what do you know about it.

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by pensfan13, Jul 11, 2012.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i like belgian wheat ale and amber lagers. i don't much care for generic stuff like bud light.

i can feel one beer, but for some reason once i drink one, i wanna drink another, and another and another.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't like the wheat beers. Totally unDeutsch I know but they just seem to fill me up like a steak would. One stein, even half stein and I do not feel like drinking much more.

3. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I love me a good beer! I'm not knowledgable on whether it's a porter or an IPA most of the time (I know I can't stand most IPA's though!), I just like to drink it. I get SO tired of the mainstream brews. Seeing as the main brewery is in the city, all anyone ever drinks here is Budweiser or Bud Light. I can't drink Budweiser without getting a severe headache. Bud Light is my go-to if they don't serve anything that looks interesting. I've recently been turned on to Shock Top wheat brews. Over the holidays, they had a seasonal brew entitled "Shockolate Wheat" which was mighty tasty! A lot of people didn't like it, but it really did have a strong, delightful, chocolate taste to it.

I drank Wild Blue blueberry lager for a while, but I got burnt out on that. It's pretty sweet, 12%alc, but drink enough of it and you just can't seem to stomach it anymore lol. Along with Shock Top, I've really been liking Hefferveisen/Hefferveisen? I couldn't pronounce the name of the stuff when I was drinking it the other night. I kept going to the bar and asking the beautiful barkeep "Let me get another Heffa... Heifer... how do you pronounce that?? YEAH! Gimme one of those! Make it two!!" They've got a really light, crisp, even as far to say pure taste. I really like it, but it does give me a bit of a headache after a few hours of drinking. I'd say it's worth it tho! I've had FAR worse headaches lol.

Nice thread btw Irm! Should've ran a poll! :D

4. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

Coopers Lager, home brew!

Delicious, and CHEAP!

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I recently picked up a few cases of Bourban county stout. The store had it for 6.50 a four pack. Not sure what it should have been priced at but I only saw one beer store actually carry it and they were charging 15 per bottle.