female plants

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by tweet, Jul 5, 2012.

1. tweet

tweet Member

can anyone tell me if there is a way to know if you have a male or female plant by the seed.I have a whole bag of seeds I have collected over the years and every one I have planted have turned out to be males

2. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

There is no way in telling unless you get FEMINIZED seeds from a reputable seed bank. Certain factors like what the pH level of the water you're using can determine the sex of the plant, but from personal experience I'd say it's a crap shoot. Just plant an ass load, and wait for nature to take its course!

3. wannabe free angus73

wannabe free angus73 Member

how do no if its male or female, after it starts growing? I don't want both at the same time.:sunny:

4. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

trace amounts of N are said to sway the sex towards female, done once got extra couple of females but not conclusive never done since cos your playing with fire and what you really want is true females.

5. Rocklobster

some plants will show you pre flowers at about 4 weeks of age and over but not all, females are easier to tell at this stage cos your looking for the white hairs (pisils) males are harder and will take quite a bit of practice at spotting and telling the different shapes apart at very early stage of development but if left male pre flower will have the ball or tiny bud shape hanging from there own stem attach to the plants.
    come bloom time males will mostly show there sex first with females coming along later, all ya gotta do is spot and remove all the males within three weeks of the first female starting to bloom

6. wannabe free angus73

Thnx for the info Rock, white hairs is good to know, am new at this and can only grow about 3 plants, if there all male, I wasted a season. :(

7. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

8. wannabe free angus73

Thnx man, are you following me? LMAO, and do you live in a van? Down by the river. :)

9. Rocklobster

bump........