DoobieDuck's Hummingbirds

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by DoobieDuck, Jun 30, 2012.

1. DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck Member

I hope you all are well today and welcome to my hummingbird photography thread. I am going to feature here images of hummingbirds I've captured around my home and in my garden. I'm know worldwide for my pix of hummingbirds visiting my hummingbird patch, thank you for that recognition, some of those can be found here: Doobie's hummingbirds and Cannabis

These will all be from this year 2012, for those of you who'd like to see more than 4 pix per post, I'm very sorry, I'll try and add more, BUT these and many more are easily viewed in my album here: DoobieDuck's Hummingbirds Only Pix
    Thanks you for your views and comments, I'll try and update as the summer goes along and I capture new images of my fine feathered friends. These are single frame captures captured in a single moment in time, no photo manipulation has been done to them. Enjoy..and again, I am looking forward to your comments..DD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

For sharing those, they're beautiful and well done.

3. DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck Member

I'm shooting, capturing digitally, hummingbirds again, it's hummer-fest 2012 at the Doobsters house. They are draining a quart of feed a day, the flock is around 20 or so strong. More pix soon, enjoy fellow Hipsters and thanks for your views and comments...DD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Beautiful !!! These are awesome !!!

5. DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck Member

wyldwynd thanks so much. You've always been a fan thanks for that, peeps like you keep me comming back. The birds are massing now with 2 one quart feeders going they're all round the house. Cheers, enjoy, DD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Your pictures are stunning. Thanks.

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Why are there fish eating your flowers?

8. DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck Member

Spectacles thanks so much. Roor the birds are searching for nectar, I'm not sure they are eating. Some varieties of flowers they stay on much longer than others so I assume they are getting some nourishment out of those-and that word nourishment is probably the answer to your question, thanks peace DD