Magic Mike

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Shale, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Magic Mike
    Movie Blurb by Shale

June 29, 2012

I have been anticipating this movie for some time and def had to see it on opening day. A lot of women on forum boards and IRL said they wanted to see this flick as well, for mainly the same reason that I wanted - Hot Guys Stripping.

My main interest was Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer

Tatum & Pettyfer At The Beach
    [​IMG]

Actually, I was curious if it would be only female audiences and today on Regal South Beach, first matinee at noon there were about 30 ppl in the theater. Only five guys; myself, two guys together, another single and one with a woman. The rest were all women.

The story starts with Mike (Tatum) getting out of bed and walking starkers to the bathroom showing us his fine butt on the way. There are two women in the room, Joanna (Olivia Munn) Mike's regular hookup and a naked woman sleeping whose name neither can remember. (Kinda funny, but having been there, no big deal - just introduce yourself when she wakes up).

This is the good life for a guy in his prime, working at a strip club, making good money and bedding lots of girls. Except Mike who's nearing 30 has other aspirations and creativity that he wants to develop. Mike meets Adam (Alex Pettyfer) at one of his day gigs doing roofing. Adam is 19, full of attitude, a bit naive but still likeable and Mike sort of takes him under wing when they meet again that night.

The club where Magic Mike strips is the Xquisite, run by Dallas (Matthew McConaughey) an ageing stripper himself who hosts the shows (He does one strip and is in surprisingly good shape at 43).

Dallas On Stage
    [​IMG]

Mike is sort of manager with Dallas at the club and convinces him to put Adam out on the stage. This scene goes from a hesitant shy Adam being thrown out on stage but is game to strip in a room full of women - to a more confident young man as he responds to the adulation. Also, he gets to keep all the dollars the girls stuffed in his undies.

Adam is young, cute and buff but can't dance so Dallas takes him in and teaches him how to move, how to be the focus of women who want him to be the husband they don't have at home. Adam takes to the dancing and becomes part of the act.

Dallas Teaches Adam
    [​IMG]

Adam has been crashing with his sister Brooke (Cody Horn) who is the serious side to all this frivolity. When Adam becomes BFF with Mike Brooke is not to pleased to learn that her younger bro is now a stripper. She goes to the club, meets Mike and actually gets intrigued by watching his act (who wouldn't). She hesitantly starts to fall for Mike's overpowering charms.

Mike & Brook at the Beach
    [​IMG]

Of course this movie has a down side but not much of a downer involving the business end of strip clubs and the problems of young ppl playing with dope. But overall it was really a fun time and an enjoyable movie.

BTW, you know Channing Tatum is well cast in this flick - he used to do strip clubs. Interestingly, I first saw him in the movie Step Up in 2006, probably not too far removed from the stripping days. There is a dance number in this movie reminiscent of the moves he did in that movie. I guess What Goes Around - Comes Around (Alex Pettyfer's Tat).

This movie is rated R.

2. Shale

Shale ~

Here are some more fotos from the movie

Mike & crew on stage

[​IMG]

While I was wanting to see Tatum & Pettyfer, some of my women friends mentioned Joe Manganiello set them ablaze

Joe Manganiello - Put Out the Fire
    [​IMG]
    (Sorry, got caught up in the moment)

Adam Rodriguez from CSI Miami was also in this movie, working the club.

(Adam Rodriguez Moonlights When Not at CSI)
    [​IMG]

Here is a bootleg pic of Tatum's Ass I found. (hope the link lasts).

When he got outta the bed and walked to the bathroom in this scene there was an audible sigh from the women in the theater.

[​IMG]

3. Shale

Shale ~

A few more things I found on the Web related to this movie.

I think a lot of women have srsly said this prayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And someone apparently liked this July 4th theme:
    [​IMG]