Happy Hippie House Party. “Make New Real Friends.”

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Scorpio Kenny, Jun 3, 2012.

1. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Talk about feeling like your not as old as you really are- - what do you think of this-- I,ll try to keep it short-
    Ive been divorced and single and pretty much (not totally) by myself for the last 10 yrs or so- - - sure Ive had "lady friends" but nothing ever really clicked for whatever reason- -
    Out of the blue.... I get a message from very good Friend of mine from yrs ago. Apparently she saw my sons last name on FB (I don't do FB) and she sent me this message about how she has gotten in touch with all our old Friends from 20 yrs ago- - but she was never able to track me down. Now we were never more than anything but very good friends , who despite everyones attempt to make us an item , we thought that it could ruin our friendship if things didn't work out...so we never pushed it any further...if you guys know what I mean*
    Now at 62 and 59- she writes to me, with pictures and all (I never saw a FB page before..I had to use my sons cause apparently you need to sigh up or some shit?
    I have to tell ya- -its very flattering , and made my day to touch base with" Jeanie" after all these yrs.
    We are only about 2 hours away from each other (she was always and still is a really classy lady..maybe that had something to do with my apprehension to take it any further all those yrs ago- -She is in the process of a nasty divorce and has a daughter my sons age-
    I suggested that we get together for a lunch one of these days, and Ill-take the ride up to Connecticut-
    I dont even know why- but I do know there is nothing wrong with 2 old hippies who grew up thru some fun, yet trying times getting together again -no expectations- awkward? maybe at first..but hell I would hate to let a chance to see, hear and touch an old friemd be gone-before its too late- godForbid
    Thanks for listening- I would hate to write to >>>>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ccC4aULow&feature=related"]John Prine - Dear Abby (Old Grey Whistle 1973) - YouTube

2. LoveBuzz

LoveBuzz Member

Jack , I think this is an awesome story & think ya should totally go 4 it! :) It is so sweet & like you said I am sure it is flattering as well. I am a full believer that everything happens 4 a reason. How nice would it be to have lunch with an old friend & catch up? I think there is a reason of some sort she tracked you down, ya never know how it will end up either. I can only imagine how excited ya must be. Let me know how things go if ya do meet up and good luck! :)

Peace&love

3. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

I believe the difference is that children live in the Now, so they are aware of what they are doing at every minute of the day. I think adults tend to switch onto automatic and have a brain racing ahead of themselves. We might be sitting talking to someone, but part of our brain is thinking, Oh I must pick up something for dinner, I hope I shut the windows if it rains, What should I get my mother for her birthday etc. That seems to "dissolve" time, so we don't truly experience the conversation that we are having.

I try to make a point of living in the Now, I find it incredibly difficult and for me it takes a lot of concentration, but it does make a huge difference to how I experience time. As a kid, I did it naturally.

4. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v3yWIIjr1o&feature=related"]weird al the devil went down to jamaica.wmv - YouTube

5. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Cool story Jack :sunny: hope things go well, I'm sure they will do! I'll bet its very exciting reconnecting with old friends like that!

Stillcrazy I agree, as adults we have too much responsibility to live completely in the here and now. Id love to not have to worry about money and what not! One day I'll hopefully be completely self sufficient in a forest somewhere!

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Nice story, Jack... Congrats!

I have lost touch with everyone from my past... In many of those cases, this is a good thing!

Need more :coffee:

7. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

Jack, I hope it all goes the way you want it to, whatever that may be.:sunny:

8. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Jack Thanks for the song and the news. I hope everything goes well with your visit. :2thumbsup:

9. Spectacles

Laughing here. Did she hit herself in the head with her guitar? I never had any children and can't take them except in small doses. This was funny though. Thanks. :2thumbsup:

10. Spectacles

Yes. Ember sort of looks like she was in a room being painted and drips of orange paint fell randomly across her black coat. She also has white toes but one toe is orange. Also a bit of a tuxedo cat with some white on her chest. Definitely one in a crowd. :sunny:

11. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Today, an old long lasting love has been broken. But that means its the beggining of something new.

12. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

MomaPeace :grouphug:

13. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I'm cool Ranger, I'm made of steel ;) !!

14. Ranger

btw MamaP I know a samori qualified working sword smith in the SF Bay Area

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

He folds steel?

16. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Hush child, the darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down into sleep.

17. Ranger

Yes, he's had a tonto of his on the cover of Blades mag years ago. One of three Japanese trained in the US. If you look in my albums, folder 'Sifu Don' you'll see Francis's polisher and my old sparing pard & teacher.

18. roamy

roamy Senior Member

:seeya:guys:love:xxx

19. Ranger

Hi Roamy:love::grouphug:

20. roamy

roamy Senior Member

hi ranger:love::grouphug: