Happy Hippie House Party. “Make New Real Friends.”

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Scorpio Kenny, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

At least some fruit flavored Pedialite or something like Gatorade so her electrolytes stay balanced. Maybe you can make fresh juice for her too, or buy it. Our herb shop has a juice bar where they make it fresh to order.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe they need to give her an antibiotic injection instead of just the oral; or even put the antibiotic in her drip since she's on that again.

3. roamy

roamy Senior Member

:seeya:

keep holdin' on mama.more hugs an xs ta baby p.and a big huge hug an x for you to.:love:xx

crazy. maybe your mam in law is just tired. 91 is a great old age.just make her feel as comfortable as possible and give her loadsa lov an hugs.and anything else her heart desires.:love:x

welcome home kenny:love:

4. roamy

roamy Senior Member

oiche mhaith guys loadsa:love:an:grouphug:

5. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sending good vibes and prayer to the both of you Mama & BabyPeace. :love:an[​IMG]

6. LoveBuzz

LoveBuzz Member

My prayers are going out to you MamaP & BabyP

7. LoveBuzz

LoveBuzz Member

Sorry I've not been around the past few days guys. I have a alot going on in my life right now. Please send good vibes way. I would greatly appreciate it, all my hippie friends :) Thanks guys

8. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

She didn't have a temperature over night :) which is a really good sign! And its only 7.30am but I've already managed to give her 60mls through a syringe which again is really good, enough 60mls in a day will mean she's taking enough. She needs 800mls of fluids in total for her age and weight to stay hydrated. yesterday she managed only 200mls. I will talk to a nurse about the antibiotics, I'm hoping she will take enough this morning to beable to come off the drip at least for now because it means shes confined to her cot which she hates!!

Right, I need black coffee, ten sugars, or something stronger :coffee:

9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Shameless
    Sorry to hear about the fire. What burned? If you posted about it elsewhere I missed it.

10. Spectacles

Gosh I go out of town for a day and so many problems.

LoveBuzz: sending good vibes.

Mama: I am still praying and sending my best. Maybe Baby is not on the correct antibiotic or maybe something else is going on. She really needs the fluids. I know sleeping in a hospital is stressful with all the noise 24/7. I wish you were getting more help from family, you must be exhausted. Please remember to take care of you too. As they say in airplanes: put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.

Fair: sometimes just stopping all drinking is the best. I stopped drinking in 1984 and never really looked back. In more recent years I might have a beer when out to eat (usually mexican) but that is maybe once a year. Drinking does not solve problems and more often makes them worse. You are a good person. You deserve better.

Stillcrazy: I am sorry to read about your MIL. It is good that she is going for a dental checkup. You might also try to get a swallow test done. As Alzheimer's progresses it shuts down functions and abilities. Once you have eliminated any physical causes you need to start thinking about quality of life over quantity of life. Does MIL have a living will? Mom had one that stated she did not want to be kept alive by artificial means. Alzheimer's is terminal. There is no cure. I don't mean this to sound harsh. End of life decisions are always difficult. We were grateful that Mom made her decisions ahead of need. It is hard to let go but we do need to treat our loved ones with dignity and respect. Our Mom was always a good eater up till very close to the end, so we did not deal with that issue and I don't really have suggestions. Your MIL may need to move to thickened liquids and pureed foods, they do not look great but help with swallowing. The last time we talked it seemed that your Mom was still living alone and caring for herself, then again she is 91 maybe she is just tired of it all. Maybe it is a case where she needs more supervision and social activity. I am praying and hoping for the best for you, your husband and his Mom.

:grouphug::grouphug:

11. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Thanks Kenny...Three days without a drink...I'll have a few cans of Guinness of Friday night though...I'm just trying to moderate...

12. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

She's doing well today :)
    Just filled out her food chart, up to 100mls so far, 700mls to go!
    Doctors reviewed her and said all the sample have come back clear, including the xray, and that the white blood cells they found may indicate a uti so she is still going to finish the course of antibiotics....then they said that if she's been doing good by the time they come back (probably around 3pm) then we can go home :D on the condition that I fill out food charts for a week to make sure she is definitely recovering. She came out in a nasty rash this morning, all over her chest back and face and the docs said its likely that what she had was/is viral and its now running its course. Temp is 36 which is perfect! abd the last time she was too high was yesterday evening so all is really well there.
    Oh, and her dad made an unexpected visit... 20 minutes he spent then got bored and left.

But yaaaaaaaaaaaay I think I'm going home today yaaaaaaaayyyy

13. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

Thanks Specs! My MIL lives alone, but she cannot care for herself. She has a carer come in three times a day and she lives in warden-controlled sheltered housing. I go round every day to look after her, to clean the flat, do her washing, take her into the garden for a cup of tea etc. Bob the Bastard takes her out to lunch every week and visits her most days. She attends a day centre twice a week, where they do activities and she really enjoys it. She loves her flat and is really happy there, in fact she has improved since my father in law died and we moved her nearer to us.

She has in place a non-resusitation order, which means that if she collapses or becomes ill in some way, she will only be made comfortable and will not go onto life-support or anything like that.

We have ordered in a supply of nutrient drinks (the kind that are used on anorexic wards) because she is still drinking at the moment. I have tracked down an organisation that provides Hospice at Home, meaning that hospice workers would be able to provide hospice care in her own flat, if it comes down to that. We have decided to try to keep her in her flat where she is happy and to not go for the feeding tube or anything like that, as long as she is comfortable.

If she continues to refuse to eat or starts refusing to drink, then we have decided to respect that and let her go peacefully in her own home with all the care she needs. It's very hard to write that, but at 91 what else can we do? The Altzheimers is obviously not going to go away and will only get worse with time, so there's no point in trying to prolong her life beyond what her mind and body decides. But it's so sad for us.

14. Spectacles

Sounds good Mama. They always do recommend taking all of the antibiotic medication and not stop just because someone is feeling better. I do wonder about the rash though. Some people are allergic to certain antibiotics. My Dad is and I had a bad reaction once. Often they recommend eating yogurt when taking antibiotics. I know you are a vegan, does BabyP eat yogurt? Best wishes. I do hope you both get to go home today.

15. Spectacles

Stillcrazy

Good to hear about the nutritional drinks.

With all this going on with BabyPeace I don't know why I did not think of it sooner but MIL should also be checked for a UTI. If this is a sudden change in behavior it is possible she has a UTI. Alzheimer's patients often can't locate sources of pain or in some cases don't feel some pains. They can get "silent" UTI's. I don't know the level of care she receives but changes in bathroom hygiene can be a direct source of frequent UTI's.

My heart goes out to you during this difficult time. :love:

16. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

WE ARE GOING HOME :D :D :D :sunny:

17. Spectacles

BRAVO!!!! Get some good sleep finally. :2thumbsup: :party:

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

:2thumbsup:

19. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Brilliant news MamaPeace...I'm trying not to celebrate by having a drink...We'll have to have a party Friday or Saturday night when I will allow myself a few cans of Guinness!

20. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Couldn't have found better news this am MamaPeace!:2thumbsup:

Fairlight, Guinness in cans???