Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Blue-Moon*, May 20, 2012.

1. Blue-Moon*

Blue-Moon* Member

I'm reading the Hunger Games, and it seems to me that it's slowly following in Twilight's footsteps. not necessarily based on plot, but by the fans and the obsessions and the romance issues.

do you think it might be as big a bomb shell as Twilight?
    or do you think it's actually worth the popularity that it's gotten?
    :peace:

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i never was interested in reading twilight.

i read all 3 hunger games books, the 1st one especially fast. i thought there were pretty good. i think they slowly got worse (1st book was best, 3rd was worst, but still good), and the romantic stuff was mostly useless in my mind.

but i would hope that it doesn't compare much to twilight

3. lePouvoir

lePouvoir Guest

I haven't read or watched it, but it reminds me quite a bit of Battle Royale. Am I alone in this?

4. Sweet_N_Innocent

Sweet_N_Innocent Member

They are good books, I will say that. Im more of a Stephen King fan but I thought they were good.

5. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I have heard good stuff about the movie and the books...
    I hope they are nothing like twilight cause i didn't like those...

I want to give the hunger games books a try though.

6. Charmed262

Charmed262 Member

I have read all 3 hunger games books and the twilight books. I personally think that these books don't really compare much to twilight. Yeah maybe a little in the romance department, but overall the romance was not the center of the book like it was in twilight. I liked how in the Hunger Games the center of it was survival. The Hunger games is differently worth the read. Where as Twilight not really.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

this is almost word for word what i was going to post

8. gracefullygalloping

gracefullygalloping Guest

i never read twilight or watched the movie hungergames but i finnished the first HG book and i LOVED it! i cant wait to start the other 2 books!!!

9. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I've read both series, too, and honestly, there is absolutely no correlation between th two. Twilight is a sickening romance and Hunger Games uses romance as a game and there are no mushy gushy feelings or anything.

10. spongbob4 life

spongbob4 life Member

the first and second hunger games books are great, very entertaining, although the third one wasnt very good. the romance isnt really a big part of the story, like charmed262 said the HG books are more about survival and standing up to authority that is evil. ive never read twilight but personally i think they look like terrible books, although i guess you cant judge a book by its cover...

11. Femme of Violence

Femme of Violence Member

Haven't read them but thought the movie was awful.

12. spongbob4 life

spongbob4 life Member

what do you guys think of the movie Hunger games?

13. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I preordered my tickets for opening night and preordered the movie before it came out on DVD.

The movie is 99% exactly like the book!

Which I loved!! Obviously.
    I hated Twilight and Harry Potter though. I couldn't join in on those crazes!

14. Charmed262

Charmed262 Member

I loved the movie. It was almost exactly like the book. I personally can't wait for the other two movies to come out. I want to see how closely related they are to the books.

15. Jessie80

Jessie80 Guest

I dunno. I really liked the movie the hunger games. I found Bella painfully whiny and simpering in the Twilight series. I hear tho, she gets more of a backbone in the last installment.

16. mugwande

mugwande Member

I have been thinking that Twilight is one of the best movies i have ever watched so if you guys say uit is nothing compared to hunger game then you give me a reason why i should not rest until i get to watch it!!

17. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I read the Twilight books and enjoyed them. I watched The Hunger Games movie and enjoyed it. I have yet to read the books associated, however.

18. beatlebug

beatlebug Member

Have never read twilight. Hunger games trilogy was a fast fun read have to say I enjoyed them very much :)