Sodas...good or bad?

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Blue-Moon*, May 19, 2012.

1. Blue-Moon*

Blue-Moon* Member

so my dad is completely against sodas and i could care less if i drink one or not. my brother drinks them til he throws up.

what do you think about sodas?
    :peace:

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I drink pop extremely rarely. I used to drink quite a lot, but when I was 22-23 I went to the dentist and it cost me over $1000 so I decided to quit drinking soda. I dunno if it was the soda that was to blame for my cavities, but I'm sure it wasn't helping.

Not drinking soda has not affected my life negatively in the slightest. My favorite drink is water.

3. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

Dr. Pepper cost me a lot of novicaine shots. Cavity in every tooth. Now Ive got braces.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

all that sugar (or high fructose corn syrup) and artificial shit isn't good for you. one or two won't kill you.

if you want to be super healthy, don't drink any. if you don't give a shit, have a few

5. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I drink way too much soda. I don't know if i could stop if I wanted too. Ive had a lot of cavities.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I drink cold diet coke when toking all the time and haven't had cavities in years. If you take good care it's ok for your teeth. What is bad is the sugar in regular soda's. It's not so bad if you drink one glass but if you drink a liter a day regularly it just is bad for you unless you process all that stuff.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I drink tons of soda and never had a cavity. I love soda, nothing hits the spot for me on a warm day quite like a soda.

8. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

I only drink diet soda.

9. Blue-Moon*

Blue-Moon* Member

but I've also heard that diet soda is actually worse. True or False?
    :peace:

10. Asmodean

11. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

i drink a 2 liter at work then one when i get home, mtn dew, or beer is ma drinks of choice.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i love soda, it gets me going in the morning and helps me relax at night. (although if i can i get a beer to help me relax at the end of the day)
    but i have really cut down drastically on how much i drink. i average less than a can a day now. a few years ago i averaged almost a 2 liter bottle a day. i think its just because i am getting to that age where i know health problems are right around the corner and i do love fruit juices just as much so its not as if im giving up something i like for something i dont like.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, diet soda is much worse, though any soda is bad. Aspartame and sucralose are excitotoxins and they also cause people to consume more calories. That's why so many diet soda drinkers are fat.

14. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Ya diet soda is fucked. Plus it tastes like goats piss. Never understood why people drink that. Ive been drinking dr pepper with real sugar. Is pretty bomb. Except at work i have reg dr pepper.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

soda is super bad for you. High fructose corn syrup out the assss

however, i drink it much more than I should.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

When did you try goat piss.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I need real sugar sodas. Won't drink high fructose corn syrup shit, doesn't taste right.

18. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

BAD! Especially diet!!! (Lots of scientific proof on that one!)

I drink water more than any other liquid - always have, always will.

REAL Coca Cola made with REAL sugar on occasion is a nice treat.

I NEVER drink any type of diet beverage or use artificial sweeteners and never will.

19. Asmodean

How does the diet soda's do that?

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Because the artificial sweeteners cause people to crave sweets. So there is a good chance that after someone consumes a diet soda, they will not long after reach for something sweet and fattening. The artificial sweeteners trick the mind into thinking that calories will follow, so they create a craving for something sweet.

http://news.menshealth.com/the-truth-about-diet-soda/2011/07/07/

If you're going to drink soda, you're better off drinking the regular, but in moderation.

The worst thing about the artificial sweeteners is that they screw with people's metabolism, they are neurotoxic, and they can cause a host of other neurological problems -- short-term and long.

It's a proven fact that, on average, people who drink diet soda have larger waistlines than people who drink regular soda.

But I think all soda is just horrible for a person's health -- diet or regular.