Discussion in 'The Future' started by wannaknow, May 18, 2012.

1. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

what you think will happen?

2. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You really don't want to know... Seriously!

Oh... a question. Why 2012 in the forum section "The Future"?

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

same things that happen every 4 years more or less.

there are a lot of dumb things going on because people deny the statistical effect all of us together have on them.

if anything really unusual happens, it will be because of that.

5. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

If you are talking about the Mayan prophecy, you'll be delighted to know that the Mayans didn't take leap years into account, and so, 21.12.2012 of the Mayan calendar has already passed us by.

If that's not what you were talking about, then I think it will be business as usual: People will kill, give birth, love, fear, laugh, cry, be born, and die. Obama will be re-elected and forsake most of his promises, a war will end, another will start, and people on the Internet will be even more opinionated than ever.

6. Harpo

Harpo Member

*points and laughs*

7. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

yes im refering to the mayan stuff...apocalipse predictions appart...do u think that humankind is entering a new era or something like that...crop circles thing and ancient buildings are a litle weird to me...

8. Tyrsonswood

In a sense, yes. I'm seeing more division and polarization among humans. This is not actually a good thing.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i think humanity is entering puberty. so to speak. and of course that is always a difficult time. we may come very close to destroying ourselves in the process, not by nuclear drama, but slow environmental agony. scientific reality is often seen as an inconvenience by ideologs, as much or more as it is by finatical spiritual beliefs. there's no end to how much people will lie to themselves as long as they think they're going to get lots of little green pieces of paper out of doing so. when they wake up and realize they've been joshing themselves about that too, well of course a few may get a bit upset.

over all though, we have noting to fear but mass starvation and muti-mega-plagues, made possible by climate change, for which we can mostly thank emotional attatchment to the idea that energy production has to be centralized, and indenture to personal transportation equals any more then an illusion of freedom.

10. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

i dont believe in all stuff we see on the internet like conspiracy theories, iluminatti etc. those ideas about the ancient people beeing helped by the sun gods (aliens) make some sense to me and crop circles is something i believe is impossible to be man made and i wonder why governs hide that from people..expose your ideas.

11. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

Alien invasion...duhhhhh:D

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

crop circles are, to the contrary, quite easy to be made by humans, and are. undoubtedly there are many things people in government use their positions to conceal from the general public. this has little if anything to do with anything non-physical nor extraterrestrial, though of course things of both sorts certainly do exist. neither of which have anything particularly to do with what year it is.

no. the only EVENT of any major significance will be the u.s. presidential election in novermber.

13. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

As it turns out, I was erroneous in this assertion.

I have since researched this topic and the way the Mayans calculated time makes the point that I (and many other skeptics) made, invalid.

14. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

The mayans could calculate a year to the nearest thousandth and you say they didNt count for leap year lolol. I don't think so. Crop circles are mostly made by humans, by our electromagnetic conscious shifts, aliens help sometimes. YouTube spirit science and watch all his animated series, I think most of them are right on. :)

15. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

All the calendar is about anyways is regarding the end of 26,500 year cycles. We are going through death and the start of the next cycle being December 12' will be the stage of reborn. Age of Aquarius !menlightment, I think it'll be amazing...

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think it will be just another year, but you're absolutely right about the calender thing. what is more important then the year, are the trends what we all together do about them. darkest hours do come before magnificent dawns, but we're not there yet by a long shot. it can get a LOT darker first. it doesn't HAVE to. but the course we're on it will. i might not live to see the worst of it, almost certainly not to see the dawn that fallows, not at may age. its going to take several decades for the worst to happen and get behind us. there's a lot we could be doing to lighten that. but there's still a lot of resistence to doing so. its hard to tell, but some of it is being done. just not yet anywhere nearly enough. i'm talking about sustainable noncombustion nonnuclear energy and transportation, probably not highway, powered by it. people are still too attached to their car and what they're familiar with, to embrace what it would take to avoid the worst of it.

17. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Agreed. I don't think we have come as far as we must.

The Mayan 2012 prediction is overrated and simple fear. I'm not arguing against science, I just can't believe all the hype surrounding this idea. It is not going to end like the movie!!!

18. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

We won't die....
    But something weird is happening for sure

19. Tyrsonswood

Dig...

20. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ