pink slime

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by g0withefl0w, May 11, 2012.

1. g0withefl0w

g0withefl0w Member

Idk about you guys but i have officially started boycotting ftlb i think is the name of it i refuse to eat ammonia treated scrap beef for human consumption sure its safe but id rather go without it doesnt even say wich ground beef contains it on the package know your vendor!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The company that made this stuff (Yes there was only one because the process was still under patent rights from what I've read) has shut 3 out of 4 plants because of all the media attention. I think the only place it's going to show up is in the school lunch programs and that pre-packaged ground meat...

Granted, you should know where your food comes from... At this point I'd be more worried about GMO stuff.

Oh!.... and don't eat the chicken. You don't want to know what's in that chicken. :puke:

3. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

I get my chickens from a local farmer as well as pork. Most of the big local supermarkets around here have publicly announced they will not add pink slime to their beef.

4. g0withefl0w

g0withefl0w Member

whats Gmo? thats the way to do it yellowcab the closest i can get to that where i live is a place called the fresh market pretty good alot of fresh produce and everything is made there its a chain supermarket but its worth checking out

5. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Genetically modified foods, another food stuff I try to avoid. But until they change and make it mandatory to label if your foods been modified its hard to tell.

6. g0withefl0w

g0withefl0w Member

o ok have you guys ever heard of glutinase ive been trying to research this lately its a meat glue and some manufacturers use it. it sounds gnarly but idk if it has any effects. this one restaraunt i worked in poured the powder onto beef tenederloins and filets and put 2 peices of meat 69'd so you would get a full cut of filet throughout the cut instead of a big end going to a small end you cant serve

7. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Pink slime is a precursor to Soylent Green