Whats the next NEW Opiate Drug out now?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by codynunn6, May 6, 2012.

1. codynunn6

codynunn6 Member

Im just wondering. I know OXY was the biggest back in the day.. sadly enought i got in the game right when oxy had left the market... Then they brought out the Shitty OPs... Then The Opanas which sadly i fell in love with.. Now the Opanas are gone : ( but i know they have reformulated the Opanas like the OP .. But i was just wondering if they were going to make something else also? can anyone help me out? i heard somthing about Hydro 100s.. is that true or total Bull shit... I know it will NEVER compare to a Opana 40 tho... Just tell me what you guys think or know! thanks!!! :)

2. Fieldofpoppies

Fieldofpoppies Guest

No clue about the hydro 100s, but i have heard that some company somewhere may be developing pills of pure hydro without acetaminophen in them. Not sure if its gonna be "the next big thing" or not, or even if it's 100% true.

3. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

That rumor is 100% true and it's in the final phases of testing. It's called zohydro. It is supposed to be a "pure" or single entity opiate used for moderate to severe pain. I think the doses are like 25&50mg pills which would still be crazy but it's supposed to be a capsul and I'm sure it will have those little beads in them that are damn near impossible to break so I'm not sure how "abusable" they will be. I'm looking forward to them as I'm a CPP and ER hydrocodone sounds good to me!

4. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

The next big thing will be Zohydro obviously (unless for some reason it doesn't make it to market). Then, people should keep their eyes out for the introduction of Hydromorphone ER in the USA. It is marketed as Palladone and Jurista in other countries but we don't have it yet in the USA. THAT has the potential to be a hugely popular product that could top Opana's fame easily.

5. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

Mmmm palladone. I would shit a brick if I got a hold of one of those!! It would prolly be bad. I'd have to REALLY be careful as I like dillys a lot. Man now I'm gunna be stuck on wiki and google for the next 6 hours dreaming of drugs I can't have! NOOOOOOO!!

6. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

not true, we do have it here call exalgo, was onit a while ago before i got switched to the oana, check this link, i made a entry on the subject
    http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TC8ML8T48BFQVH0NF

7. etkearne

Interesting. I never heard of it. Do you know if it is relatively "popular" in the PM community? It seems like PM docs mainly script MS Contin, OxyContin, Fentanyl (transdermal), or Opana ER for all-day pain relief, while scripting a wide variety of stuff for breakthrough.

Did you find it to be a good analgesic? Or was the oral bio-availability so low that it was frustrating? How was it mentally? More like a Morphine high (dreamy and mildly euphoric) or a Oxycodone high (alert and sharply euphoric)?

Thanks for the information.

8. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

I've taken large doses of Hydro before made from cold water extraction. Mg to mg it's about as strong as Oxy, maybe just a tad weaker. It's more dreamy like morphine and about as euphoric as oxy. That's just me. Personally I find morphine to be FAR more euphoric and dreamy than oxy, so my experience may not strictly apply.

9. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

I probably could not tell the difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone if I didn't already know.

10. etkearne

True. It is really down to personal tastes. I have just noticed that in general many people find Morphine to be more dreamy and less "sharply" euphoric than most of the semi-synthetics like Oxycodone, Buprenorphine, or synthetics like Meperidine.

You are also correct about the mg-to-mg comparison for Hydrocodone vs. Oxycodone. Hydrocodone is slightly weaker. Most literature states that 10 mg of Oxycodone is equivalent to 15 mg of Hydrocodone. However, I have seen the conversion as high as 10 mg vs. 20 mg and as low as 10 mg vs. 10 mg.

11. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

Also: Morphine causes A LOT more respiratory depression than semi-synthetics like oxy or hydro, which could easily cause problems.

12. etkearne

Respiratory depression is regulated by the mu-opioid-2 receptor subtype. Morphine is a broad-spectrum opioid-receptor agonist. It is a strong agonist at the mu-opioid-1, mu-opioid-2, and a moderate agonist at the delta and kappa receptors as well (I am not sure about the sub-types of each receptor as I find the delta and kappa opioid receptors not as interesting).

However, most of the synthetics, except Meperidine, heavily favor agonist behavior at the mu-opioid-2 site, while being weaker at mu-opioid-1, and almost absent at the delta and kappa sites. It is worth noting that Meperidine is a strong kappa agonist, even more-so than its mu agonist affinity.

Looking at the mu-1 and mu-2 receptors, we notice that they induce separate effects. It has been found that mu-1 agonists (and partial agonists) induce strong analgesia and strong euphoria. That's the gist of mu-1. However, mu-2 agonists induce drowsiness, respiratory depression, and itchiness.

So, naturally, Morphine is more dangerous to use in high doses than an equipotent dose of, say, Fentanyl. While both compounds are mu-1 agonists, Morphine is also just as strong of a mu-2 agonist. So this is why Morphine is so prone to the effects you describe.

I can attest to this difference. I take Suboxone, which is Buprenorphine mixed with Naloxone (which doesn't contribute to the effects as it is sublingually inactive). Buprenorphine happens to be a very strong mu-1 receptor partial agonist (with intrinsic activity of around 70%), a strong delta agonist, and a moderately strong kappa antagonist. But it doesn't act very much as a mu-2 agonist. I rarely get tired on Suboxone. I have never gotten itchy on it, and never had respiratory depression. However, the analgesia and euphoria are strongly present.

However, I have taken Morphine before and I was shocked at the body load and "dreamy" character of it. IMO it detracted from the euphoria, but that is just personal preference, as, at the time, I was used to Tramadol and Oxycodone, which are not sedating in my experience.

13. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

boy do i ever get itchy on subs i can barley sit still without scratchin

14. etkearne

Really? Interesting, since Buprenorphine is mainly a mu-1-partial agonist, and, like I said, the mu-2 receptor is mainly responsible for itchiness.

I have never been the least bit itchy on Suboxone but with Hydrocodone and Morphine, I would itch the hell out of myself, especially my nose and legs.

What dose of Suboxone are you on, and how tolerant are you to opioids right now?

15. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

I can't stand the itching, I never take opiates without Promethazine or Diphenhydramine.

16. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Yeah, but it feels so great when you scratch that itch, doesn't it? I have a flat tip screw driver for that purpose, to get at that pesky hard-to-reach area in the middle of my back. Oh, that's awesome! LOL

17. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

Mmmm morphine! I take 2 scoops please! Yea I seem to enjoy the "dirtier" opiates if that makes any sense. My favs being in no particular order morphine,hydrocodone(at the right dose), hydromorphone, I also enjoy oxy but i find it to be to alert feeling and I don't to much care for that. I prefer the low down heavy opiates with a big body load and good nod to it at the right dose, I like to "quiet my mind" and I find oxy isn't the best at that but it is better for getting stuff done.

18. codynunn6

codynunn6 Member

thanks for all the great response's guys! i appreciate it all. my first little thread went good. i learned a lot from all of your responses!

It has been super dry will all the opanas gone in my place right now. i have not had anything for 2 weeks. when im usually doing an opana every other day or so.. I ended up gettin scoring with 2 op 30s today. He/she is the only person i know that can get em, they only come in once a week now and he mainly just sells those to me which is great.. so my tolerance is more then likely down, so a little of it might get me trashed haha..

Everyone i know has switched over to the Subs. But i still dont know about em. i tried one a while back and i dont remember it doing much too me. But apparently everyone gets pretty trashed on em.

i see you all have been talking about the Hydromorphone or the 'Dilaudid' which i have had one time before . which i dont remeber the MG being very high. maybe a 4mg. which i have not seen on higher then a 8mg.. So are those still staying on the market?

again thanks for the response.

19. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

i,m perscribed 8mgs a day suppoused to use 3/4 to a whole strip per day
    but i try for 4mgs a day but most days its 6mgs only once i used a whole strip +2more mgs

i used to use alot of herion and or percs/vics and once in awhile fent. or them IR oxy,s but the first day on just 4mgs i got high as hell puked once sweating itchin, i could,nt beileve it. but now after 2 1/2 weeks here i dont itch as much and don,t get as high i got some chelted mag. you said for tol. can,t find the other ya ment. augmite? there,s only one specitally health store around here.

20. job1372

job1372 Guest

For me Hydros just make me wanna sleep. Oxys on the other hand are like morphine all fucked up on coke. And some one tell me i'm not alone and Oxy's don't make you puke. cuz everyone i know pukes a little while after snorting them and then it hits them. I've never felt the slightest bit pukey. but then again i am an oddball. for example ambiens make me wired not tired.