Mephedrone

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by white_magic, Apr 27, 2012.

1. white_magic

white_magic Member

It was here, it was all over, and now it's gone. I want some.. I never got around to trying it.

I'm wondering, though, what made it so special that it got banned in most countries across the world? The quick onset? It wasn't quite MDMA, but I suppose it had a bit more of a dopaminergic property than MDxx's?

Also, why was Meph so incredibly popular in the U.K., but not in U.S? Was it some drought in decent E in the U.K. that was responsible?

Anyway, I have a feeling I may still be able to acquire some, in order to satisfy my curiosity, albeit at a bit higher price than other comparable RCs, like 4-MEC. Speaking of which.. is any currently popular (probably via means of still remaining semi-legal in most countries) RC that's comparable?

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I'm in the same boat man lol
    I came back to the scene hoping to give it a try and it had vanished. Hoping to find something similar I gave pentedrone, 4mec, 4fa and 6apb a try, with the latter being the best and all the others suck, and none of which actually comes close to meph lol :( oh well...

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

4 MEC is fairly similar to Mephedrone (4 MMC), not quite as good though. A few key factors that led to Mephedrone's popularity in the UK were the fact is it was legal and available at headshops and through online vendors for really cheap prices. There was a decline in the quality of Ecstasy during this time as well due to many pills contaning piperazines (bzp, tmfppp, etc) which have highly undesirable effects for many. Then one of the factors in mephedrone's effect profile is that it doesnt seem to create the same type of tolerance as mdma, so people often dose it more frequently like cocaine.

In the US, they tried selling mephedrone in the guise of bath salts and it was often mixed with other RC stimulants such as MDPV. So bath salts did have a bit of popularity but the media sort of was effective in reporting horror stories and this was post UK ban, so I think some supply flow of mephedrone had slowed as other countries began legislating it as well. Another thing was bath salts were more expensive than what mephedrone was going for in the UK when it was legal. Bath salts were slightly less than half the amount for practically the same price as a gram of mephedrone was in the UK when it was legal. It also seems to me, Molly (mdma powder/crystals) had a fair amount of popularity and at least where I'm at Ecstasy is fairly consistent quality as well in the US.

4. white_magic

white_magic Member

So true! In my area, the northwest U.S., molly is also very popular. Even taking somewhat cut molly (which is often the case) feels more re-assuring than taking mystery pills.

Still, the curiosity is killing me! I just need to find out if meph is rumored to be neurotoxic and maybe I can proceed with obtaining some.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I was sort of in your same boat white magic; I had missed the giant 'drone eruption, and didn't get to sample it until it was all over and illegal (in that part of the world). I finally sourced some a few months ago, and ordered 1g for personal testing. I, like you, needed to know what the big deal was all about! The last push I needed to place the order was when someone described it as "being blasted off in a rocketship, on coke, mdma, and meth". After trying a few low doses one evening, I must say that is somewhat of an accurate description! It feels like some midpoint between cocaine and MDMA. It feels extremely dirty, I would not be surprised if it was quite toxic. It absolutely destroyed my nasal passages and burned like crazy, and this was what appeared to be extremely pure mephedrone (clean white crystals from a good supplier, not a "party pills" supplier). Maybe this summer I will try it orally, which I hear is better.

If you are into serotonin bombs then definitely try and find this if only for historical curiosity :D but other than being a dirty and strong stimulant I don't see anything remarkable about this.

6. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I fucking love mephedrone.

7. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

never got to try any good E me and the ole lady had 1 each of those pipe. pills we were told was E and both of us triped many times but those pills made me feel anxity and nerves they were yellow monkeys of some sort, looked them up online and they were some kind of leagl rc pill i think?

8. white_magic

white_magic Member

Bah.. you snorted it! Guess how many RC's I have snorted? 0!! I may be a pussy, but snorting is for coke :D

I bet ingesting it orally is a very different experience.

It could have been any number of RCs, like Methylone or Butylone. Also, let's not forget about caffeine..

At the end of the day, even lame pills make for a better party mindset. Speeds you up, make you feel inebriated? That's better than being the only sober one around.

9. rc_headache28

rc_headache28 Member

Def. Miss the meph Still kinda wierd that I can find methylone with no problems and cant find meph at all Granted I havent spent a ton of time looking for it. damn I miss Undrugged. Cant get an invite to sos for the life of me. Gotta love the internet. I can find anything whether I have to google it or use tor . If anyone has a site for real meph I am more then willing to trade sources. ANd of coarse if some one has an invite to sos Send me an im and we can talk.

10. white_magic

white_magic Member

heh, I didn't know SOS was still around. Like I care. I found the Mecca of drugs :afro:

I don't care. I feel like I have to experience meph, just like I had to experience LSD. I'm a sheep. oh well. Judge me if you like.

11. luciano

luciano Member

Miss meph too guys and gyals, the only thing I can still get is methylone which is much more similar to meph than 4-MEC or MDPV.

What do you guys say the most similar RC is, if there is such thing?

I think methylone is the closest, some say 4-MEC, what do you say?

12. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

That's interesting that you say that. I've never tried straight methylone, but I've always heard that it's more MDMAish. Is it even a cathinone? I found 4-MEC to be very similar to 4-MMC, and in some ways better, although less powerful.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^ Yah methylone is a cathinone. I find 4-MEC the closest as well tho, I found methylone to feel similar to mephedrone only at high doses.

14. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

they had a drug sweep here and had sales of MDPV on some people, also pills and meth getting shipped from flordia. and more sales on that guy that got caught with 3,699 bags of h, must suck to get arrested in jail.

15. G1ng

G1ng Guest

Would you guys say the majority of people have gone back to MDMA and Cocaine as a result of mephedrone classification or would you say the majority are searching for other as-yet-unclassified substances to fill the hole? (this perhaps suggesting legal status as the important factor)

16. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I'd say that's a pretty good explanation.

17. Royaltramp

Royaltramp Member

As a result of classification most of the heavy Mephedrone consumers still consume it, just in a lower quality and lower purity form, often still with toxic solvents and other byproducts of synthesis left in it. I've seen some of the Meph going around today and it's pretty awful - but people know it's no longer legal so they expect that level of quality and take it anyway.

Personally I still have access to high purity Mephedrone, I've only taken it a few times since I first discovered it. Both before and after the ban. I also take other empathogens like MDMA, 6-APB and the like. Legality is not an important factory when considering consumption of a substance. Quality of experience, side effects, purity and price are the things I consider.

Some pros and cons of Mephedrone being made illegal:

Cons:

- The heavy Mephedrone users are on average using lower purity Mephedrone than before, and in some cases horrendously poor quality stuff, and stuff that isn't even Mephedrone but often much more toxic substances - as well as chasing any and every illegal and legal high that somewhat resembles Mephedrone during the times which they find it hard to access.

- Mephedrone, while cardiotoxic, has not shown the neurotoxicity of MDMA, and as such may be a more suitable replacement for users who wish to "roll" (i.e. take an empathogenic experience) more than once every month or few months - now it's harder to find and less readily available, often only in lower quality form, people who're raving on empathogens every week are taking the more neurotoxic substances instead.

Pros:

- Most research chemical vendors had a gold-mine of an experience when Mephedrone was legal and made vast amounts of money on it, this really brought the research chemical industry back into full boom, allowing people like me and others to discover massive amounts of wonderful new chemicals that I can order right to my door.

- As above, due to Mephedrone's absence from the legal scene, research chemical vendors have been trying to replace it, so many many new stimulants and empathogens and related new drugs have sprung up, and the choice of selection for drug users is far greater than it was back when Mephedrone was legal. (Admittedly some of the new drugs are toxic shite, some are just shite, but some of them are true gems, just as worthy of being "classics" as LSD, MDMA and the like)

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Dose for dose mephedrone may not show the neurotoxicity of MDMA, (neurotoxicity of MDMA has even been called into question in recent studies) however the pattern of mephedrone use tends to be repeated usage in a way which is not typical of MDMA use and there is evidence of neurotoxicity with frequent mephedrone use

19. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

such as?.....

20. SatireOnFire

SatireOnFire Members

Mephedrone is hard to find nowadays unless you have a reputable supplier. Other than that if you are getting mephedrone it more than likely is not the real deal but a different chemical. That's all.