I am scared of the dark

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by skinny.jeans, Apr 25, 2012.

1. skinny.jeans

skinny.jeans Members

————-

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Crayola

Crayola =)

well it's actually a pretty common fear, but it has to be problematic sometimes yea!
    I wouldn't recommend falling asleep with candles lit around u, that's how most fires start... U should buy a little night light instead. :)

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

wow I'm just like you. I'm afraid of the dark by myself (although I love it when someone is with me) and I will not fall asleep with my back to the door.

For a while I was getting hypnogagic hallucinations....sleep paralysis combined with an intense feeling of fear and dreaming/hallucinating that some evil force is with you...well, thats not the official definition but thats what they were like with me. It only happened when I fell asleep with the light off, so for a good two years I was terrified to fall asleep without the light on.

That only happened when I lived in one particular house. As soon as I moved out of that house they stopped. I can sleep with the light off now, but I have to fall asleep with the light on then I wake back up and force myself to turn the light off when I'm still too sleepy to be afraid.

4. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I have always had some sort of fear in the dark..
    When its pitch black i see things moving in the dark.. i always like to have some kind of small light.. just enough where i can see around my room and like you said i can never really have my back to the door but when i am sleeping with someone i am a lot more at ease in the dark... i have always thought it had to do with my brothers though..

when i was little they used to sneak in my room and scare me and i collected stuffed animals and some of them were bigger than me and they would sneak in my room and hit me over and over with them and run back to their bedroom and i was like 4,5 years old and a little older it went on for years they did that too me...

5. lilspiritem

lilspiritem Member

I have this guy as a night light :) and its even battery operated so I don't get bitched at by roomate for leaving a light on all night

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I'm scared because I have no fear.

7. storch

storch banned

The best way to approach this fear is to think about it logically. There's nothing there in the dark that wasn't there in the light. Well, except for those things that prefer the cover of darkness under which to do their deeds.

Come to think of it, maybe there is something to this fear of the dark thing.

8. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

This can be overcome, if it really interferes with your life.

9. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

The thing that scares me about the dark is bumping into stuff, breaking stuff, being injured....

10. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I have tried to fight it, and it actually worked for me. I love night walks in forest, where you can barely see anything and all senses are sharpened.

I think you do not fear darkness, you fear something that might hide in the darkness. Just try to realize that nothing is there, that there is nothing to fear.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you ever feel as if someone or something is with you in the dark you just say aloud "I do not appreciate you being with me right now, please leave."
    I had to have a one on one with a crazy lady that haunted me in my dreams. I'd wake up with scratches all over me and she'd constantly attack and threaten me in my dreams, force me to leave the house in my dreams and slam the door shut. These would happen constantly for months. Then one day I'd had enough, sought out my guru and he told me to talk to the place. So I did and I had a deep and meaningful with the place and never had trouble again. I do believe though that I bought her into the place with one of the crazy possessions that I own. I like to buy and collect random things so I made mention that whatever it is I have that you're attached to, have no fear, I'll look after it. That night I had a dream that I was welcome to live in my house and all, even met an arch angel from God! XD

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my fear of the dark basically stems from a fear of serial killers. I just assume a serial killer wouldn't try to get me in broad daylight.

13. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

It's funny. Not terribly long ago, I would have scoffed at something like this, but in my old apartment I had an experience very similar to yours. I started sleeping on a couch in the living instead of my bed because I just couldn't get over the feeling that I was unwelcome in my bedroom (I was living alone at that time - or at least I thought I was).

One night I had this very vivid dream that this demonic thing was above me and leering inches from my face and I was under the impression that it was hell bent on crawling inside my mouth. I was absolutely enraged by this - I've never experienced the kind of rage that suddenly came over me and I raised up and lashed out at it. Gone. Never happened again. That was the beginning of the conclusion of some very strange things that had been going in that place since the day I moved in, including this:

[​IMG]

14. skinny.jeans

skinny.jeans Members

Now that is freaky.

15. nightowl420

nightowl420 Member

Well my wife isnt exactly afraid of the dark,but with all the home invasions on the news and in the paper i bought her a gun,she keeps it right beside the bed within reach,it hols 14 rounds and i told her if anything happens to just keep on shooting,we are going to get her a permit to carry next because she goes to alot of cities and sees concerts and its really late when those are over,i just want her to be safe.,and if you havent been out shooting you have got to try it at least once,then you will be hooked,its alot of fun.

16. Afifreak44

Afifreak44 Member

Too many things in the dark.
    I fear the unknown, and the unseen. I have confirmed a sort of entity follows me around.
    One instance in particular was when I was on the ranch over night alone. 38 acres, closest neighbor 3 miles away. I had locked everything up (double checked) and had gone down into the basement where my room was. I was watching tv and I hear very clearly a man yell my name from upstairs. It wasn't an "I think I heard that" moment, it was an "I KNOW I heard that!" moment.
    Weird things happen around me, I know when people have died, I see things that shouldnt be there. Premonition type visions.
    Too many Deja vus as well. Very weird when I have never been to a place and but I feel have at the same time.

17. DMFP

DMFP Member

Hmmm, guess it is a bit unusual but as you have suffered with it so long I guess you are at least used to it. I remember staying over at one of my mates houses years ago and stayed in his spare bedroom with my bf - the room had no windows and when the light was switched off it was perfectly pitch black - that kinda freaked me out.

Next time your bf not around gimme a call and I can come round if you like lol:)

18. Angelus Mcsawself

Angelus Mcsawself Banned

If you think your fear stems from universal anti-matter, Which by definition would be more aware of you in the dark, given light itself is a quantifiable structure, particulalry given high detectable reality energy value.. Then you must have more faith in the universe, because the universe as a partially contacting force is not inclined to change but for your own input to it, therefore to embrace the universe is to not fear it. One might say, true God is with one.

19. Howlinmad21

Howlinmad21 Guest

I was once completely alone at a summer camp one night. Scariest thing ever! Even with the lights on...which they weren't

20. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

Went camping one Spring by myself near a lake. In the middle of the night some large animal came splashing through the nearby creek. and I could here it snorting as it was breathing. My thought was that it might be a bear Sleeping in a tent, I didn't feel very secure, so I jumped in my truck.