opiate withdrawal and metabolism?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by dandaman09, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dandaman09

dandaman09 Guest

Sooo when i first started using heroine, i would withdrawal for 3-4 days tops. Now when i do it, i swear i withdrawal for 2 weeks or longer. Do withdrawals get longer and longer the more time you use it? Ive been a user for 2 years now. My second question has to do with metabolism. Simply, does heroine slow down your metabolism either on it or when withdrawing? I noticed that when i run, i look normal and my skin looks great for a couple hours and than the next day its back to shit feeling and looking sick until i run again. So im thinking my metabolism speeds up to normal when i excercise. if anyone knows about these things, please share the knowledge!

2. the00cheat

the00cheat Member

I'd guess (again a guess) is that you feel better when you run because your body is releasing endorphins.

3. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

2-4 days sounds about right for the acute phase, and 2 weeks sounds about right for the whole process, and I do believe that it can increase over time, especially the craving and anxiety and depression that it causes. About the metabolism, I don't know.

4. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

This can vary greatly between users and doses. For some the "acute" phase can last a month and the whole process can take years.

5. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

For opiates? Are you talking about methadone?