dropping out of society soon. Backpacking across US in search of commune. Join me?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Dionysus, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

Leaving soon. Trying to get off the grid. Up in north idaho and im done w society. No joke im gone in a few weeks. Email if you want to join. Joshua.porto@yahoo.com

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Good luck man, hope it goes well!

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

Thanks! Plan is to hitch outta Idaho and make my way to some eco-villages and cities. Hope to meet some like minded people along the way. Also going to keep a journal of my travels. We onlyy get 1 life as far as we know....I wanna kno when the end comes I did something memorable and gave into my wanderlust = )

4. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

were you headed cuz im going to be heading out from st. louis going toward oregon maybe we will see each other

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

Yeah heading to Oregon in a few weeks. A place called omfield. Its an eco village outside of bend oregon. Email me at joshua.porto@yahoo.com and we can.see about converging travel plans.

6. noyb5349

noyb5349 Member

Be careful.

7. sirsmokesalot

sirsmokesalot Guest

I plan on leaving georgia soon and heading out west. i've always wanted to go out there.

8. Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd Member

Make sure you post any cool places or communes looking for more peeps to help out and find a place to live... hoping to be ready in about a month to skedaddle again...no idea where, got a last minute email, ugh, plan C anyone?

9. Nauseation

Nauseation Member

I'm leaving from NY on the first of July! Good luck!

10. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

well hopefully ill be heading out early july out west to the l.a. occupy movement if anyone want to ride out hit me up

11. LittleMeek

LittleMeek Guest

I've recently have been feeling the same way. I'm ready to hit the road and find a community as well. Crazy how when you get older, you start to notice how foolish this society really is. I'd join you on your quest!

12. Temporas

Temporas Guest

if your still looking id be more than happy to join you on this quest as well, currently dwelinng in ohio

13. groovpup

groovpup Guest

I live up in Seattle, fresh from CDA in ID I too am looking to do something similar in the near future, send me msg

14. WadleysOFP

WadleysOFP Member

im always up for an adventure. Very adaptable and resourceful.. Currently residing in Indiana. Email me m.wadley@ymail.com. Smooth travels everyone.

15. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

My boyfriend and I plan on doing the same thing in Illinois in a few years. We're slowly doing as much as we can in the house we're in, just have to wait to be able to sell/rent it out. The only thing we're considering keeping is internet to keep in touch with family and such. Trying to actually make a thing of it too. Good luck to you! If any one is interested near Illinois, get a hold of me.

16. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

With a sig pic like that, be careful :p

And dump your boyfriend and move to Cape Town... just sayin'...... :sunny:

But seriously though, it's not only peace lovin' hippies on here.. just browse the fuckin' sex forums... god DAMN there are some strange people, and that's excluding the lurkers.

Wish you guys luck anyways :p

17. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

If I could be 20 again with what I know today, id grab a pack and my guitar and hit the road.

18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Make sure you know what you're doing. I think with something like this, it's pretty easy to be naive about what you're getting yourself into and what would be expected of you.

19. OddApple

OddApple Member

Best Wishes to the travellers!
    We're scoping places for the next rancho del hippo in NM right now, probably over at Silver City.
    Guess I will follow this thread and update too. We have been herb and mushroo growers. That'll be part of it too I'm sure.

20. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

With age comes wisdom and sometimes money, sadly the body and spirit tend to lag. I did the travel thing in my 20's and plan to do it again this year. 30 year career coming to an end. I've spent 3 years fixing up my cool van and cant wait to get out there. Thinking about April or prolly May timeframe. Tell me, can 20 somethings and 50 somethings travel together and enjoy it all? It's not your fathers mindset... :)