A note for the future

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Shatarag, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Shatarag

Shatarag Member

To first be humanitarians we must refrain from being parasites.
    Over the last 1000's of yrs we as humans have gained much knowledge of new resources. As well as, we have abused these resourses, whether human or natural. The all or nothing syndrome that still haunts us now has limited us in the ability to realize that although great all things can be used to max compasity.

With all the talks of new energy sources few address the issue because humans refuse to think ahead and everything we are given we eventually will fight over if by some chance a limit is put on it.

From my country of the USA, to all others, we have no ability to control ourselves and make an accurate assessment between what we feel we need because we want it and what we truely need to survive.

We prove this in inflation, religious pursuit, exploration, even the passing of knowledge and when knowledge is bestowed on us. There is never enough, there is always someone who wants to profit and is williing to defend the need but not the waist of the need so knowone addresses the fact that we as a species take advantage of everything! Worse we will create hatred amungst ourselves worrying how we will supliment these needs.

I dont feel there should be laws telling people they have to have insurance, how many children we should have, how much gas we can use a month, how much power we use at home, what we buy at the grocery store.... etc..... I do however feel we as a civilized species with inteligence and modern technology that allows us to see, hear, and know the effects of all things around the world we should be wise enough by now to set limits upon ourselves. So that laws that take our rights away don't have to be considered.
    If we show lack of restraint and a lack of a back bone we set ourselves up to loose our freedoms.
    We must in the future get out of this, monkey see monkey do, i'll follow you cus your cool attitudes lets just advance so we can live more comfortably, even if it means making someone else uncomfortable. Sadly enough even when evenually we will be uncomfortable as well. We are all addicts of our own desire and behave as phiens when approuching anything concerning our needs and wants whether benificial or opposed to.

Alternative energy is great, but as soon as we master this we will just abuse the new resources till they too run out.

Ps.." I could put market links showing the effects of inflation, or arguements of new energy scientists, or lack of numbers in the crowed when protesting a just cause, or even historical evidence that shows abuse of power and genocide, but there are no links with this because i feel if you are an activist and you do practice freedom and truly feel strongly about the issues that effect us you will investigate your own sources to obtain your own oppinions".

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hear hear!

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"alternative" (i prefer the less ambiguous concept of non-combustion, non-producing of non-reusable) energy, isn't just great, it is the survival of all those things people aren't willing to give up (though some of them, many of them, we would indeed be better off to do so). i will agree though, that the root of the problem IS cultural.

that it's not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy.

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

what about power from the sun or magnets? we need to learn to help the earth by using it. growing food, replanting trees for each on cut down and replace everything we use here...

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Humans are no different then any other form of life on the planet.
    Any life form, in the absence of any natural predation, will kill off other competitors, overpopulate, overuse and hoard the resources at hand, often ultimately leading to their own demise.

So we really are doing what is natural, no more or less than any other species.

I do agree with the thought that as creatures with the very unique capability of self reflection and being able to use past experiences to predict future outcomes, we certainly should pull our collective heads out of our asses and override the natural tendencies that drive most of what we do and change our MO.

6. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

natural if we didnt have a conscious

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

The presence or lack of a "conscious" is of no consequence.
    What do you mean by conscious? What you may feel goes against your "conscious" may be the opposite of what I feel. But we are both driven by very basic needs and instincts, one of them being the survival of self and our group to the exclusion of others.

We humans have built multiple layers over our selves and our actions that tend to mask the very rudimentary survival instincts that are the major driving force behind all we do.

The ability of humans for self reflection, what you call "a conscious", is one of the main things that sets us apart as unique from other life forms on this planet.

What is needed and is slowly happening is humanity needs to come to the full realization that everyone and everything on the planet is a member of our "group" and as such is deserving of the care and protection such a member is entitled to.

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

i have a conscious and thus do not want to rape mother earth
    animals on the other hand, do they think about the planet, is there any other animal that could hurt the earth like we do today? yes no maybe at least we can do something about it

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Any life form, in the absence of any natural predation, will kill off other competitors, overpopulate, overuse and hoard the resources at hand, often ultimately leading to their own demise.

Doesn't require thinking about the planet at all to fuck-up an eco-system.

10. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

its the over population that leads to our demise, dont worry though.. thatll be taken care of at the appropriate time.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I agree we can distinctive ourselves from most animals because we can make a change in the bad impact we have. Over population will be one of our biggest global problems for sure.

12. roamy

roamy Senior Member

no. the human animal is the biggest hurter of the planet.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes. there will be a whole lot of starving and dying of things that don't even exist yet, going on.

although we could still do a lot to reduce/prevent most of it, if we'd stop trying to convince each other we're getting something out of not doing so.