Dropping completly out from the society.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by FlyingFly, Mar 27, 2012.

1. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

As a person who lived in the Alaska bush (wilderness) for many years, I can say it is the hardest, but most rewarding lifestyle anyone can choose. Let me know if you have questions.

2. prohibitionfighter

prohibitionfighter Member

Are there any good programs to help someone get out there to live maybe in a situation where you and a few others work together to remain self sufficient?

3. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I've sent you message, I'll be thankful if you want to go through it :)

4. cookiecache

cookiecache Member

I have seen a lot more problems than solutions in groups other than families/couples.... Tribes can do okay with larger groups.

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes i feel the same way!!!!

I hate what this world has become and I DONT WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE IN IT!! (I much prefer BEING ALONE than any other way!!)

There are a few people i do associate with BUT ITS GROWN QUITE SMALL compared to how i used to be BEFORE I WOKE UP AND REALISED HOW BAD IT REALLY HAS GOTTON..

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

you don't die from dropping out . it will also mean
    you are able to give more than you need or receive .
    don't want to give anything ? who cares . nobody
    will know exactly what you have and won't ask you for any
    thing .

someone might ask of your secret though .

7. minimalmike0108

minimalmike0108 Guest

we cannot live out side of society because society wont let us 40acres of land in the northern parts of ontario canada costs 30,000$ cdn they give it away i live there for 20years i was raised beside a amish mennonite settlement who completly lives off the grid however there still forced to sell baked goods syrup chikens build homes etc to the white man in order to pay the taxes of their land i suppose a fat bank account could take care of this but its a rat race and saving money is easier said than done even communes have to make money..im suggesting moving to the interior of alaska and digging deep into the land to elude uncle sam....

8. Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo Member

To believe in something and not act on it, is dishonest.
    -Gandhi

9. Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo Member

A commune could totally work, sell lumber for taxes and homemade drugs for everything else.

10. Capt._Obvious

Capt._Obvious Member

Exactly, Mudwendigo. Fight the fight for it's own sake.

11. foresting

foresting Member

12. ForgetThisEmail

ForgetThisEmail Member

Sure i felt like that but it was in the past when i was young. I didn't go to high school. I hitchiked the USA in 1967 on and never looked back. I got by working on farms and staying clear of cities. I found a few cool spots off the sides of freeways and roads where no people ever go. I did though settle in with some other hippies back then and we started a ranch called the Too highs or too high earth ranch. However, i still felt like i wasn't free bt a slave doing all the hard work while they rest partied all the time. So i left and went back east and got involved in a business rebuilding old homes and running recovery homes for ex drug addicts and alcoholics.. I then went to school and finished high school in a semester in college. I then went on and got two associates but i did it for enrichment not for a career. I have never had a career. I have just done lots of different stuff mostly out in forest where there are lots of trees. I don't like cities because well we all came from cities and most got caugh up as you say working for the man / corporations. I am now older and am a caregiver and bought a little 6 acre farm for 58k and am having fun rebuilding it and living a simple life. Yes i have started a recycling center and built 6 apartments and 6 houses all basically green homes using very little energy and yes i helped many recovering peeps get their lives together and yes i have had 200 acre farms and sold them and opened up homless shelters for transgender people and then i became homeless myself. But if you don't live life and experience it what else is there? Working for the man ??? no way jose ! If your a hard worker and love to work like i do yo can always do well out there helping other people. I mean like do you have to own it??? I say no way because in the end you ain't taking it with you and you don't want to spoil your kids with a bunch of in heritance. Hey i ain't getting anything and that ok. I am my moms caregiver though and she is 89 and cool. thats cool hh i now wipe her butt and put her to bed lol .. yepper its ok you can follow your own dreams just so long as you don't get all hng up about stuff and as long as your healthy and help others and don't want to own it.. I mean like Jess said its harder for a rich man to get to heaven than it is for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle .. thats cool .. yes i am poor but thats cool too because lots of people are cool. Oh i live right next to amish and mennonites who are good people and work hard. they like me to help them and drive them and well i fond a whole different world from those career peeps.. have fun peace and love and keep it green Amazon D
    PS: MY U key doesn't always work lol

1 person likes this.
  13. ForgetThisEmail

ForgetThisEmail Member

Remember you should always start a garden growing food every yr just for the learning expererince. Try volunteering for a farm by going to http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/opport or go to http://www.growfood.org/ or go to http://reach.ic.org/postings/ and work with other people. When people say there isn't a job thats when there are lots of jobs that need to be done like helping the elderly or gardening or cleaning up a junk pile.. If you do these things older people will see your willing and able and they will hire you or feed you or help you. Never ever say i can't find work.. the whole world needs a lot of help fixing it back up..

14. ForgetThisEmail

ForgetThisEmail Member

Hey my friend mark creekwater peacewalker was just at my place in the beginning of the week. He left college and has been walking all over the USA since the 80's.. He knows all the places.. he is on his way to wash DC then to Phila for the july 4th www.the99declaration.org convention.. He can teach you all about where to go to. google him "Mark Creekwater"

15. ForgetThisEmail

ForgetThisEmail Member

Oh yea that was my horse and buggy that i learned to drive and did across pennsylvania in 2008 when my horse buddy went buggy for obama :)

16. Islandsurvivaltime

Islandsurvivaltime Members

If anyone still reads this I have found an island I to survive in Indonesia it is tropical and there is fresh water I have a plan to get there and ICE situation plan anyone interested in joining me Shld email me adamdwade10@yahoo.com

17. earlydude

earlydude Members

I gotta be honest, I am kind of disappointed at the amount of hate and loathing here. I have just as many quarrels and frustrations with the social injustices of the world as the next person, but converting those frustrations into a consistently negative outlook serves nobody least of all yourself. You have to find a way to come to terms with society and reality or else you're just robbing yourself of the potential joy you could be experiencing. If you''re that committed to the problems of the world than be proactive and commit yourself to doing something about them no matter how fruitless such labor may seem.

“If life’s not beautiful without the pain
    Well I’d just rather
    Never ever see
    Beauty again”

— Modest Mouse

1 person likes this.
  18. S&L

S&L Member

Go to youtube and search for idaho hillbillie and see what it looks like living outside society.
    (human float seam comes to mind, but look for yourself!)

19. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

Buy a Ford econoline 250 van and make it your home. Travel, drive, meet people, live.

1 person likes this.
  20. Bud D

Bud D Member

I like society for supplies. Thought of living outside for gorilla grows. Winter gets cold and cover is lost