Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice
Photo
- - - - -

Dropping completly out from the society.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingFly

FlyingFly

Dickens

• PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 02:44 PM

Did you ever had this... 'call of the wild'?

Hope that some of you won't be scared by this wall of text.

I hate society. I hate civilisation. I hate it for so many thing it would be pointless to describe all of them here. Sure there are nice things that keep me away from commiting suicide, like internet, games, programming, drugs... But I would exchange all of this to live as we are supposed to live, maybe with little help of technology.

I don't like the way we currently live. Waste your best years in school, next university. And now you have made it. You have officially became a robot. Go to work, go back home, sleep. Sounds like a wonderfull life... Family, friends, they say, 'hey you can work hard for like 20 years and then do whatever you want'. Sure. I fucking love preparing all my childhood to work somewhere or 20 years like an idiot and later on when I'm old and can't do half of the things, continue with my life...

Lately I was thinking if there was some way to become completly self-sufficient. I would like to sell my house here in europe, buy some forest somewhere in the world and move in the middle of it. I will still need to have some money to pay taxes thouh. Everyone to whom I have mentioned something like this laughed and called me crazy. I would like to be like them. Just accept how society functions. Or be blind and don't see anything. Why the hell I can't be some random common idiot, not thinking about anything, just being happy...

Probably won't hear from any people, which decided to live in wild, as they won't have computers there ;) So it is kinda hard to know if someone succeded and how he did it. ( like this '21 years in a van' guy )

I have picked-up some survival books lately, so if there will be opportunity to do what I want, I will be prepared at least mentally. I wish I would some day crash into some island without people or in some way happen to be there, being able to stay there, not going back to society.

I would probably collect some tools, first aid kit of some sort and maybe even a tent, to be help in the begginings. Then build a hut, maybe make farm, maybe breed animals. Still need to pick up lots of informations. And live this way, improving my small personal imperium everyday, living without money, worrying only about food and fire.

Still not sure if I would be able to live like this for many years. I am rather introvert outsider, choosing not social way of live. But I don't know how I would do completly alone for that long time.

I'm currently 17, so I still have some time to make decisions. Maybe I will finish university and see if I still want this. If I will survive so long.

What do you think about all of this? Anyone here feels similar?

#2 eggon

eggon

liberalobamacommunist

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 02:47 PM

i think everyone feels like this at some point, usually around your age. it's the point where you start to move into adulthood and you realize just how fucked up of a place we live in, and how there is no hope that it will ever be fixed in your lifetime.

#3 FlyingFly

FlyingFly

Dickens

• PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 02:49 PM

i think everyone feels like this at some point, usually around your age. it's the point where you start to move into adulthood and you realize just how fucked up of a place we live in, and how there is no hope that it will ever be fixed in your lifetime.

Then why not to do something about it? Why just let yourself become what you don't want so much to be?

#4 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 02:52 PM

soooooo many times hahaha in fact just thinking about it today hmmm
its so hard though like actually COMMITTING to the idea you know

#5 eggon

eggon

liberalobamacommunist

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:03 PM

Then why not to do something about it? Why just let yourself become what you don't want so much to be?

who says i'm letting myself become anything? i'm happy with the way i'm living my life. i'm just saying that wanting to remove yourself completely is a common first reaction to being exposed to more and more of the inequality and injustice in the world.

as you learn more about injustice, you'll realize that it's not as easy as just deciding to do something. everything isn't black and white, and often the best of intentions end up making problems worse.

#6 eggon

eggon

liberalobamacommunist

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:07 PM

also, you should watch the film 'into the wild' and/or read the book by the same name. it's an interesting (true) story about a guy trying to do what you're describing.

#7 sandal_dune

sandal_dune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:11 PM

Oh, no! I'm 16 and I feel the same way now. I hope I don't grow out of it! As of now, I'm completely dedicated to it and am preparing. I don't think my problem will be committing to the idea, though... although maybe I'll grow out of the dedication, too.

It seems like everyone grows out of the rebel of society phase. God, I hope it doesn't happen to me.:/ I WILL get old, though.

#8 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:17 PM

Oh, no! I'm 16 and I feel the same way now. I hope I don't grow out of it! As of now, I'm completely dedicated to it and am preparing. I don't think my problem will be committing to the idea, though... although maybe I'll grow out of the dedication, too.

It seems like everyone grows out of the rebel of society phase. God, I hope it doesn't happen to me.:/ I WILL get old, though.

Probably won't hear from any people, which decided to live in wild, as they won't have computers there So it is kinda hard to know if someone succeded and how he did it. ( like this '21 years in a van' guy

hilarious lol shitt man i honestly dont think it would be hard at all living out in wilderness by yourself or whatever but itd probably just get boring after awhile and youd want to connect with other people

#9 FlyingFly

FlyingFly

Dickens

• PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:52 PM

also, you should watch the film 'into the wild' and/or read the book by the same name. it's an interesting (true) story about a guy trying to do what you're describing.

Definitely will, thanks.

I am also worried that I might become even more indifferent. I guess we don't have rebel phase because of nothing. It looks like last cry for help for me.

hilarious lol shitt man i honestly dont think it would be hard at all living out in wilderness by yourself or whatever but itd probably just get boring after awhile and youd want to connect with other people

Might or might not, there is something that you have to sacrifice, maybe for me it is connection with other people.

I'm not sure how would I cope with people. Sure I want to connect with someone, just don't know anyone... hmm... 'valid'. From time to time it is good for me to meet someone. But preferably for short time. I like being alone, but not feeling alone.

#10 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted March 27 2012 - 03:54 PM

:Dyeah i hear ya were all getting there