• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 SunshineChild

SunshineChild

Mad Scientist

• PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm a bit of a tea snob. I buy through Adagio teas and I tend towards green or oolong. Ti Kuan Yin and Gunpowder tea are my two favorites. I don't usually like black teas, but the closest I come is Earl Grey tea. Adagio has a lovely Earl Grey.

-BlkBks

Same here. Loose leaf is 1000x better than tea bags.

I used to drink Ti Kuan Yin daily but Ali Shan is probably my favorite oolong. Anything from Yunnan seems to be superior black tea, IMO. Gyokuro (a green tea) brewed at 130 F is what I would consider a delicacy.
Posted Image

-SunshineChild

#32 Marebare

Marebare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm a tea lover. I love green tea, chia tea and black tea. But really what is the utmost for me is ginger tea. I make it myself from fresh ginger root. I peel the root and chop the root and then blend it in my blender with water and simmer it for 20 minutes - never letting it come to a full boil. Then I put some lime juice and honey in the bottom of a pitcher and strain the ginger/water into the pitcher with a sieve. I like it cooled in the frig and served over ice when the weather is hot (which is always here) but I like it hot when I get to a place with cold weather (which is almost never). Also another delicious variation is mixing fresh ginger root with pineapple, cilantro in orange juice and blend in blender.....

for both ideas - just play with the amounts of ingredient to get a concoction that you like. I've been drinking my ginger tea more and more stronger all the time......it has a nice spicy heat to it but still refreshing.

#33 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted April 13 2013 - 02:54 PM

I love China Mist Tea most; the kind they sell at Panda Express. I order it online and make it at home!
My other favorites are green tea, white tea, chamomile, darjeelig, and fruit teas. I also like Arizona Diet Iced Green Tea and Marley Tea.

boat cat

#34 Gypsy Liveaboard

Gypsy Liveaboard

Driftwood

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationLiveaboard, SoCal

Posted April 16 2013 - 04:48 AM

Just got into Kombucha; it's awesome!

boat cat

#35 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 11:02 AM

Kombucha isn't tea! :p
It is awesome though! I love fermented chorella and spirulina

#36 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 01:48 AM

ahh summer time and been drinks sun tea. uner strong and ice col
Posted Image

#37 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 15,790 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted July 31 2013 - 01:56 AM

What would be a good tea to help a person rest or sleep better?
Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#38 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 01:59 AM

Valerian root would do it for sure, you can find it at and herbal store. recommend buying a mortar and pedestal.
Posted Image

#39 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 15,790 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted July 31 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've got one of those. Home alchemist here >.>
I have taken valerian herbal pills to sleep before but they've never worked too well. Would the tea be more potent?
Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#40 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:28 PM

"]The Kinks - Have a Cuppa Tea, 1972 - YouTube

#41 Nephila

Nephila

Juggle Tings Proppuh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:55 PM

Get some Rooibos, or redbush. Rich in anti-oxidants, and tasty shit.

Otherwise I fall back on mint green tea.
Digestive tract

#42 DrewBear

DrewBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 05:21 PM

My personal favorite is a tasty Rooibos!
"you gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with":sunny:

#43 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 05:47 PM

I believe Rooibos has high levels of fluoride in it =(

#44 DrewBear

DrewBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted November 02 2013 - 06:28 AM

wait, what???
I don't know if that will stop me but that's definitely not good.
"you gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with":sunny:

#45 Nephila

Nephila

Juggle Tings Proppuh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 01:38 PM

I believe Rooibos has high levels of fluoride in it =(

:(

Although, just read that most teas contain fluoride - just in different amounts.. can't find a chart with a list comparing them all though.. but mah.

Just one of those things.. like breathing increasing the risk of cancer.
Digestive tract

#46 TheSweetestSugar

TheSweetestSugar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted January 19 2014 - 11:32 AM

Cripes! I never knew Tea got fluoride in it!! :/

Im always drinking tea. My fave would have to be Chai..

Earl Grey for the morning's and any other time I would go for Rooibos.

#47 bronsiboy

bronsiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Locationwashington

Posted January 19 2014 - 11:50 AM

i like ginger tea. no floride :)
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

Peace, Love, and Awareness.

#48 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted January 20 2014 - 03:11 AM

I did find a chart at one time .. white tea has the least fluoride and most anti oxidants then any other tea

#49 Christinabelle

Christinabelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 06:21 PM

I love tea! One of my favourite caffeinated teas is English Breakfast by Twinings, a black tea. They list it as Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India. I find it has a bit of a malty taste, smoother than other English Breakfast that I've tried. Another one I like by Twinings is Lady Grey, also a black tea. I think they're the only ones that make Lady Grey. It's a milder version of Earl Grey. I find the bergamot in Earl Grey too strong, but it's a lot lighter in Lady Grey.

For herbal teas without caffeine my favourite (in packaged teas) is Feeling Soothed by President's Choice (PC), a Canadian brand, with ginger, fennel and mint, heavy on the ginger. Celestial Seasonings (in their Wellness Tea line) has Tummy Mint with peppermint, chamomile flowers and fennel seed, heavier on the mint.

#50 marigon

marigon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 07:18 PM

I have a question about the concern about fluoride. (I'm not sure this is where it should go, but this is where I see people talking about it.) People are comparing the fluoride in water and toothpaste which we know is a bad thing, to fluoride in tea. But isn't it synthetic fluoride that is added? Or a different fluoride - sodium fluoride is the one added and calcium fluoride is the natural one? Is natural fluoride such as in teas harmful as well? I thought the studies were on the synthetic or sodium fluoride that is added to products, not naturally occurring fluoride. Thanks in advance.

#51 bronsiboy

bronsiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Locationwashington

Posted January 25 2014 - 07:47 PM

I have a question about the concern about fluoride. (I'm not sure this is where it should go, but this is where I see people talking about it.) People are comparing the fluoride in water and toothpaste which we know is a bad thing, to fluoride in tea. But isn't it synthetic fluoride that is added? Or a different fluoride - sodium fluoride is the one added and calcium fluoride is the natural one? Is natural fluoride such as in teas harmful as well? I thought the studies were on the synthetic or sodium fluoride that is added to products, not naturally occurring fluoride. Thanks in advance.

yes calcium floride is natural, im not familiar with the tea, but the sodium floride is absolutely horrible for u. and no natural floride is not harmfull.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

Peace, Love, and Awareness.

#52 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,508 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 04:46 PM

Just made a huge organic green tea cup with lemon and honey. Sometimes I add an herb or spice....cinnamon, turmeric, allspice ginger, etc. I have to transition from drinking iced coffee and drinking this now...I was getting a big iced coffee from the MacDonald's here every day....early in the day...and am thinking about breaking that habit, and just drinking this stuff I can make at home now. Better benefits from this tea than coffee....

#53 Irresponsible

Irresponsible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 05:35 PM

Drink it often. Oolong, white peony. Loose, organic how I like it.

#54 Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted April 30 2014 - 05:50 PM

I drink lots of tea, I've never developed a taste for coffee. I like black tea, green tea, white tea and the so-called red teas... My favorite brand is Republic of Tea.

But mostly I drink my own blend of herbs in a tea. It includes lots of different herbs including chamomile, valerian, lavender, crampbark, skullcap as well as others that help with sleep and pain and also helps to detox.
Namaste, Annwyn'Bri

#55 SholeSteven

SholeSteven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 05:05 AM

I am so glad to see so many tea lovers! I am a huge tea lover myself prefer to have mine black but I am always trying out different teas to have a range of flavours. Sometimes I do wonder if I have too much tea however it's so nice and refreshing that sometimes I really enjoy drinking it.

Anyone else feel they drink too much?

#56 Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted June 28 2014 - 06:52 PM

How can you drink too much tea?
Namaste, Annwyn'Bri

#57 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,317 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted October 01 2014 - 07:25 PM

blueberry white tea tonight tea6.gif

#58 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted November 25 2014 - 07:26 AM

I love Green Tea with a tablespoon of fresh honey.  I want to find out how to get some ginseng to put in it, though.

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#59 Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88

Back in NJ. Roadtrip was more than a bargained for but everythin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationMother Gaia

Posted November 25 2014 - 08:37 AM

I love green tea but not the American or British brands in tea bags.  You have to go to an Asian or other specialty market to get real green tea and the best imho is Japanese green tea in loose leaf form but some high quality tea bags are good too.  Sencha is my favorite green tea. Thats the most popular tea in Japan never can go wrong with sencha.

Peace, Love and Light

Become the best version of yourself!

#60 BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,174 posts

Posted November 26 2014 - 05:23 AM

Lapsang Souchong is my own favourite. I rarely drink any other kind of tea.

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company