Grant Morrison

Discussion in 'Hip Comics' started by Zombie_Minstrel, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Zombie_Minstrel

Zombie_Minstrel Member

Anyone around here into Grand Morrison?

2. imadevilspawn

imadevilspawn Guest

His run on batman was awesome.
    Also, WE3 rocks. I haven't read Animal Man yet. Honestly, the idea of putting yourself in a comic is kinda too weird for me.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I have love hate feelings towards him. Like many great writers, he seems to have a bit of an ego problem, and sometimes his styles and whims are put over that of the work. But at the same time; his Batman run has been amazing and he's really done well with Supes.

4. Zombie_Minstrel

Zombie_Minstrel Member

You have hate feelings toward someone you've never met in real life?

5. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I know I do.

i'm just getting into Grant Morrison, i've read flex mentallo and Arkham asylum, really great stuff. i'm about to take delivery of AS superman, and i'm hoping to get hold of the invisibles soon...

6. Sexless_harpy

Sexless_harpy Member

When the mans on, he's really on point. When he's off, it's like a bad acid trip. His current run on Action is running out of gas and his epic Batman run is winding down. I want him to go off and do some creator-owned stuff play in his own sandbox for a while

7. Hagi

Hagi Guest

I loved what he did with Batman but I do agree, when he is on he is on. When he is off, he is really off.

8. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

whats a good example of something that he's on, and something that he's off on? what would you say are his best and worst works?