Where can I buy american made products?

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by RainyDayHype, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone know of stores that sell products made in the USA? or even made in any other country besides china?? Maybe even an online store? I'm tired of buying stuff from china. I'm specifically looking for an american made hamper. I'm thinking about making my own..

2. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

We don't make things here anymore. I tried boycotting Chinese stuff for years and it has become impossible. "Our" government has been deliberately driving business out of the country for decades.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i'm always seeing more shit and asking "why the fuck do we have to buy this from china?" like every single coffee cup at work. made in china. HOW can it be better to make that on the other side of the planet and ship it over here? they are heavy and fragile

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

5. RainyDayHype

It is indeed sad and Frightening to realize that everything is made in china...and you have to wonder Why. Checking out that store right now. The jeans look nice and they're a pretty good price..
    Thanks for the link.

6. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

7. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

8. RainyDayHype

This is actually a nice compilation of sites but so hard to navigate..
    I just thought of something, All Star converse shoes were once american made and I bought them for a while until I heard that they were bought by nike and are now made in china. That really sucks. Not to mention, they used to be about $15 now run closer to $40.

9. RainyDayHype

I think I'm gonna be switching a lot of my shopping to online shopping and search for USA made things. A site I'm frequently on is etsy.com. I've ordered a few things and it's hand made stuff from the U.S. but then again the materials might be from china...
    It's so difficult to get around that.

10. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

believe it or not a lot of businesses are being brought back to America, since shipping charges and chinese minimum wage keep increasing business' now no longer save as big of a pretty penny as they used to and their bring things back home! =]

11. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

12. RainyDayHype