Prayer could have stopped the Tornadoes

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by David Vincent, Mar 5, 2012.

1. David Vincent

David Vincent Member

I think this belongs in a thread about Bull!

I think this Pat Robertson bloke is a complete wackjob!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSp7fzgCuqI&feature=player_embedded"]Robertson: Prayer Could Have Stopped the Tornadoes - YouTube

2. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

a little song about Pat, Jim 'n Tammy and all the others...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79uI_u9Src"]Zappa - Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk - YouTube

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I sincerely wish Pat Robertson would shut up and/or be banned from "going public" with even a single opinion. :toetap05:
    I personally think he ought to have to go into a room by himself and spout all the ridiculousness he wants - and that's all. < That is my dream for today.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Well then, why wasn't he standing right in the path of the tornado praying his ass off? If his theory was correct he would have saved a bunch of people a lot of misery... If his theory wasn't correct he would have saved a bunch of people a lot of misery.

Wait!

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I pray for more tornadoes.. / And Im not bullshitting either. I adore mother nature. had my fill of high winds, damaging rain, floods, lose of property and I still rather see nature win than the human race...

6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

What a load...

Fucking Middle Eastern Muslims pray 5 times a day and their life is hell.

If anything, I think we have statistical evidence that Praying ATTRACTS tornados, or warfare, or famine, or cornbread...

7. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

+1 :sunny:

8. psyykonaut77

psyykonaut77 Member

Wat the fuck? Awwwwwww,, Seriously, I feel bad for this guy. These OCD religious freaks are probably the nicest of people, but it's like they are completely nuts when they put God in every life equation.

9. arthur itis

arthur itis Senior Member

I'm praying for a stiff wind to blow away the fart I just farted.

10. Brigante

Brigante Member

Absolutely:2thumbsup:

11. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

I've never heard of this guy before up until now, so maybe i don't understand the issue with this. I dislike religion, and i don't pray, but i don't see anything overly obscene that this guy said, he seems pretty nice.

I don't believe in a god, but i believe prayer can work... it's the law of attraction.

12. Carlid

Carlid Banned

No I am afraid prayer was insufficient, it was the gays that caused tornadoes, hence under any practical system, rounding them up putting them in a field and bombing them is the only solution to tornadoes. :)

13. Carlid

Carlid Banned

He was nice, too liberal though, if religion is ever going to progress it needs to get back to its core values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOuVhn_yRw

Actually in scientific studies all evidence shows prayer is no more effective than a placebo, whether the person knows you are praying for them or not also seems not to matter.

14. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

True, but the law of attraction does exist... and if you constantly pray about the same thing, it's sort of the same as practicing the law of attraction? "praying" is just like repeatedly saying or thinking of something you want badly

15. Carlid

Carlid Banned

Self fulfilling prophecy you mean?

Praying is more like asking and imaginary friend to intercede on your behalf and do something you want but cannot do without some aid. But then I am not religious. :)

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Athletes make me laugh. A boxer="thank you lord for helping me rip that guys face off".
    Yesterday a ball player(Oregon-Oregon State game) got a hit and pointed to the sky. You never see 'em point to the ground when they strike out.

Or-"How do you think you did so well"? "The lord was with me".
    So what's the loser going to say? "The lord was against me".
    Foolish people.

17. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

human race = mother nature. we are a result of mother nature, so us winning is mother nature winning.

if we 'win' at the cost of mother nature, it is a process of us distancing ourselves from what/who we are as a species...whether that be good or bad - i am not to judge.

natural disaster is going to keep taking human life (and at larger numbers due to population increasing) until we figure a way to defend against it or prevent it all together - another step for humanity in the same dirction that grain storage did to make cities possible.

18. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

Pat is not a wackjob:(....if you notice he said "pray could have stopped the tordadoes",..not that it actually would. That's because we all know that tornadoes are pretty bad ass,....so there really ain't nuth'in that's gonna stop 'em. Pat's just telling it like it is if you ask me.:tongue:

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYr0Jz-rTY0"]Crazy Christian Lady (The Mist) - YouTube

20. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvrRct-TXc"]Austin Lounge Lizards — "Jesus Loves Me But He Can't Stand You" - YouTube