Looking for fulltime RVerd to chat with!

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by FunkyPhreshMama, Jan 29, 2012.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

this is muh house now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sunny:

2. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Congrats FPMama! I think that is the same year and model my first RV was! I would've loved it if I'd lived on a farm and had a chance to fix it up. Good luck and let us know when you get it going.

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

Still have not really worked on the rv at all because we have been spending all of our time working on the farm. Not too upset about that haha

I am getting a pet silkie rooster on Wednesday this week, so excited!

4. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

Nice setting FunkyPhreshMama! I've lived in several trailers. Got lots of experience fixing them up. I got into Urban Van Camping since '05 & had to stop this February, leave & regroup because of a psycho stalker for the past year. I am a working artist. Being in public all the time has it's agony & ecstasy. Having a great woodsy location like your photo is the best! I learned a lot about keeping on the move in urban situations. It was awesome to rent a rural spot with a sewer & electric hookup in my first trailer setup. I'm back in the midwest resting up & working on my new van to make it more livable. It is nice on the outside but the insides could be arranged for more facility. I saw a great wave of yuppyism sweeping the west coast over the past 7-1/2 years I did it steady. Cities getting wise to van dwelling. Big moves to push them out in Venice Beach all the way up to San Francisco. "A wicked generation seeketh after a sign" —! Height & size & overnight restrictions to drive us nomadics crazy. But after all, they are jealous of our freedom...
    :sunny:

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

We decided to stay in NH over the winter and moved into a cabin with a wood stove since the RV still needs a lot of work that I could not get done last year. Finally warm again, I definitely wanna get it fixed up on the inside now.

6. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Nice rig. Congrats!

7. tg2lynch

tg2lynch Member

Have to agree with this idea, florida is to humid and and unless you have alot of money to spend, not very RV friendly ( and this goes for pretty much the entire eastcost) . Very little in the way of boondocking ( free dry camping areas). I also think the western states are the best options, Whats nice about Az , the south is warm enough for winter and north cool enough in summer. Tons of free land use and other full time RVers. Plenty of out of the way areas, for example, along the Colorado river provide for fresh clean water, fishing, hunting, swimming, town near by for food shopping , gas etc. I spent a month boondocking at that river two years ago, not a single hassle what so ever, and fo far my favorite boondocking spot.

8. skycanvas

skycanvas Member

...Or maybe the Album, East-West, Paul Butterfield Blues Band —? Dunno. True about humidity. It's a 'snowbird occupation though. Travel is most assured. I prefer wide open spaces. Even desert is doable. Mountains, too. People hassles as well when they are crowded in like rats, but out in the wild even the sheriffs & rangers don't give a damn unless you are going to start the woods on fire. I did a long stint of urban van camping because I had a method in my madness & needed the tourists but now I will go out to where only nature lives because I did the other. And I can. Nothing left to prove. But people & cops get nasty when they behave like caged animals competing for parking & commute & all clogged up to the beach. Or like San Francisco where they recently ran all the motorhomes off. Also Venice. And all the snooty little rich yuppie towns along the W.Coast. They only want you there if you have money to spend on restaurants & hotels. Then they want you to leave. Any rich community gets infected with the same disease, where they 'think' they own the land, but then as the Indians say: you cannot own the land!? PS: Don't bring a big rig to those places, little parking, small turnarounds & they block the view. TARGETS!!! . :hurray::chillpill: