The holy bible

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Antigeist, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigeist

Antigeist Member

THE HOLY BIBLE IS A GREAT FICTION READ! A JEWISH ZOMBIE CAN MAKE EVERYONE LIVE FOREVER! IF YOU SYMBOLICALLY EAT HIS FLESH! AND TELEPATHICALLY TELL HIM YOU ACCEPT HIM AS YOUR MASTER! SO HE CAN REMOVE AN EVIL FORCE FROM YOUR SOUL THAT IS PRESENT IN HUMANITY! BECAUSE A RIB-WOMAN WAS CONVINCED BY A TALKING SNAKE!:devil: TO EAT FROM A MAGICAL TREE!

2. TheBloodyDreamsSeries

TheBloodyDreamsSeries Member

:O Dang that's rude... This could be quite offensive to some

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Lol it's mostly metaphor, not completely fiction...

4. Here Now

Here Now Member

the torah [five books of moses] has at least 4-5 layers of meaning: literal, symbolic, numerological, and multiple esoteric layers of meaning. the bible is literally true, because all truth is relative to perception. all perceptions of "reality" are relatively "true." belief is what influences the selection and perspective one interprets sense data by; like jesus said: if ye had but faith, ye could move mountains. he was being literal. this world is a grand illusion constructed by our conditioned thoughts we call beliefs. there are more than 600,000 interpretations of the torah, one for each person who received it on the mount; just because a particular interpretation is used more frequently, doesn't mean there aren't other ways of viewing the same thing. open your mind and heart.

love and light brothers and sisters!

5. mtr25500

mtr25500 Banned

nice...

6. Censored

Censored Member

I think I can speak for us all having browsed through the internet for so long to reach this destination. That I guarantee you we've heard it all...

You think that we don't know the bible is not a historical document?
    You think that we haven't seen a million people just like you; bantering, vengeful, people coming through trying to start the exact same argument? If only you had the capability to understand that the vast majority of the people on this website probably do not even believe in God, let alone the one in the Bible?

You are really only talking to yourself here.

7. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

I found this amusing.

He is simply saying what religious fanatics say. People who actually do that, yell in your face and force their beliefs down your throat.

8. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I get so sick of these kind of threads.

These kind of people claim that they are behaving just like a Christian does - but you know what? I have NEVER seen a Christian on here trolling nasty, sarcastic comments to those who don't share their beliefs.

Maybe out in the real world yes - my parents included - but on these forums most people seem to enjoy coming together for calm, rational discussions, regardless of race, gender, socio economic status and RELIGION. I suggest the OP does the same.

9. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

[​IMG]

Aren't you bored with that? There have been christian vs atheists arguments for so many years right now and even though christians stopped forcing their beliefs so much, we have now huge group of retarded atheists just waiting to show how smart they aren't whenever they hear about bible or christianity.

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Jesus is the original hippie, peace, love and brotherhood. If you're not down with that, you might want to check out one of those hate forums, like the KKK or the GOP.

11. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

My dudes, it all comes down to a simple thing.. he is doing this for the attention it will bring, you know he is doing this for the attention it brings, so instead of giving him what he wants and replying, don't reply.

If all the people who had disagreed with this thread hadn't replied, this thread would be forgotten.

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

He wasn't trying to get attention, he was trying to create hate.:devil:

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He was (probably subconsciously) asking for negative attention.

14. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

So?
    My comment still applies.

15. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Thank you. The Holy Bible absolutely belongs in the fiction book section.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It fits in several sections, such as religion and history.

17. stash napt

stash napt Member

The bible, green eggs and ham, the cat in the hat; all great Dr. Seuss books.

18. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

19. simmi

simmi Banned

Ya, its really inspiring I read its few statements on net but my favorite is Geeta :sunny:

20. JoanofSnarc

JoanofSnarc Member

I didn't think the OP was particularly offensive, vengeful, hate-mongering or any of the other negative adjectives some have attached to it and or the poster...though I must say I dislike all-caps virtual shouting and tend to ignore it most of the time. Sarcasm does tend to come off sounding angry though. I'll concede that. However, all it really accomplishes as text is to express how absurd literal belief of the bible is. It may not do it well. There are certainly better ways to accomplish that, but it's an opinion just like any of the others here, that is critical of a book, an idea, a belief - not necessarily of the people who adhere to it.

There may well be lots of atheists out there who do make derisive remarks about people who are Christians but there are just as many Christians who are willing to label all atheists as hateful, vengeful, etc. because they dare to speak their minds about what they don't believe. Both positions are gross generalizations. This is probably a big source of all the friction...well, that and all the legislated religious morality being stuffed down everyone's throat in real life in many parts of the world. After 2000 years of it, perhaps we're just sick to death of it all. In some ways, the loud (and occasionally obnoxious) atheist voices striving to be heard are simple rebellion but beneath the rhetoric, we're all still waiting for the literalist proselytizers, fundamentalists and theocrats of the world to address the actual intellectual critique of the nonsense they wish us all to swallow unthinkingly or STFU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.