Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Just_Dave, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Just_Dave

Just_Dave Member

I'm a Linux guy myself. Ran Gentoo for years but switched to Ubuntu about 3-4 years ago. What about you folks?

1 person likes this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

mac attack

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

4. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

I've yet to try Linux. I am a humble PC user.. BUT macs lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tq7yykR-DM"]Mac morons can't talk without using their hands. - YouTube

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Guest

While Apple has quite a nice operating system, they overprice their hardware to such a degree that it's insulting.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Tried Android for the first time lat month cos I got a tablet, boy does that blow chunks (Android that is, not the tablet, tablets are awesome)

Andriod is just a cheap redneck cousin of Apple, Android market is overun with shitty apps

Kubuntu for the last decade, refuse to touch anything Apple or Microsoft. Doesnt really matter what linux distro, I just like Kubuntu / KDE cos its so pretty ;)

Next time I have some time off my tablet is going linux native

7. troubledRabush

troubledRabush Guest

I have used all three,

1. Ubuntu
    2. Mac OSX
    3. Windows 7
    4. Any other versions of Windows

They're all good, and they all do what the others do. I like Ubuntu, very open and I love the UI.

8. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I really can't stand MACs, they're good OS it just i prefer a bit more customization with my puters. So Windows and Linux is where it's at, haven't done much with Ubuntu but it's promising as well.

9. geoman

geoman Member

Mac, but i want to learn linux

10. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Debian Linux for me. also used various *buntu , mostly of the K variety, Slackware and some minor distros.

11. MrLunatic

MrLunatic Member

Windows 7 - But I tinker with Ubuntu on a netbook.

12. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

i love my mac. yep i played a lot of money for it. yep it took my 2 years to save up from one. but gues what i love my mac. i love being to do music on it with logic. i like making videos. i dont give a flying monkeys ass about the fact that you can mdo this on pc. i love my mac

13. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

I love linux. I had never used it before I became a CIS major, but now I am an ardent Linux supporter. Windows powershell has brought a good deal of Linux like capabilities to windows (most of the linux commands are aliased in), but I can't stand how expensive windows is when Linux is free.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I have Windows of one form or another on all my systems..... (except for two old Mac G4's... don't know what they are doing here, but what the hell)

Long story.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Windows XP is my OS of choice. I also have Win 7 on another partition that I've tried to force myself to use primarily but I always end up back on XP. Easy BCD is a good program for managing multiple OS instillations and setting default boot. I've also tried a few linux distros and I've even forced myself to use Mac at college and the hacked OSX86 installation.

Windows 7 and Mac's fail for me mainly because I'm not impressed by glossy animated GUI's and big stupid ass icons and shit. Ever since the 80's and my Amiga I manage my computer files with file managers displaying detailed file lists. Icon windows, folder windows annoy the hell out of me and they're just not efficient. Yeah, Win 7 has "explorer" but every new OS they try to neuter the balls off the damn thing and it just isn't the same. Most people don't even know what explorer is. Explorer, and detailed list view is how I manage everything on my computer, I barely ever look at the desktop screen and dumb ass icons.

16. Thetourist

Thetourist Member

I jumped into the world of mac about two years ago, after being all about windows. Gee I even gave a presentation at Uni about how great windows was. But I'd never go back now...!

17. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Linux. Love it. I have Win on another partition but I use it very rarely.

18. harrychim

harrychim Member

MAC and android

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Windows... and I'm a happy windows user.. mainly because i never have dealt with the shitty windows systems... ie: WindowsME and Vista... Windows 7 is pretty nice.. But i still think Win2k was the most stable platform windows ever put out.. right now I use TinyXP.. a completely stripped down version of XP.. think it takes up like 400mb :D

20. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

I'm a Linux Ubuntu girl myself. :)